Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

I think that the tremolo riff should have been longer, it's now one of my favourite riffs they've ever written, and one of the heaviest too

Yeah, that part was fucking cool :D

I think that the tremolo riff should have been longer, it's now one of my favourite riffs they've ever written, and one of the heaviest too

They should have written a song based off of it honestly.

I think another minute would probably have been too much IMO. I agree that it could have been repeated/developed more but I think a minute would be pushing it.

I suppose a minute would be overstaying it's welcome, but I think they should have done more with the beautiful tremolo bit and resolved that section better 'cos it cuts kind of abruptly I find.

What happened to the items being dropped in the making of vid?

Precisely for that i think there is an extended version of the Globalist unreleased.

Precisely for that i think there is an extended version of the Globalist unreleased.

Interesting.

I'm pretty sure they're in there. Super low in the mix, but I hear them.

What happened to the items being dropped in the making of vid?

Lol? I've only heard the song one time and it was very clear and direct in the beginning. It's supposed to sound like gunshots. You can hear them in the beginning.

Lol? I've only heard the song one time and it was very clear and direct in the beginning. It's supposed to sound like gunshots. You can hear them in the beginning.

Oh. I thought they went on for quite long in the making of. I'll listen again, but when I posted that I was around 1 minute and couldn't hear anything.

edit: oh ok can hear it. Very soft though.

Interesting.

They're quiet but they're there in the beginning.

They're quiet but they're there in the beginning.

Yeah, like distant thunders, eh?

Just had a vision of this song live, during the metal riff, when the kick comes in there are hooligan "oi's" in the background... Imagine an audience doing that!

They should have written a song based off of that riff honestly.

Yeah I agree. Tbh I think they should have made 3 seperate songs

Yeah I agree. Tbh I think they should have made 3 seperate songs

The song as it is stands up well on its own, but it could have easily gone on for 15 minutes and not lost steam.

I'll never get that image of Matt giggling and dropping things out of my head when I listen to it.

I so wish I hadn't watched that first.

I consider The Globalist a 13 minutes long song, I know that in the tracklist The Globalist and Drones are separated, but I think they should be one track. They flow well, and I can't understand one without the other.

Yeah I absolutely loved that, when how the string sections in the background change as well it just sounds like the end of the world

Yeah I absolutely loved that, when how the string sections in the background change as well it just sounds like the end of the world

Yeah, that part was brill.

The more I listen to this the more that guitar riff might be becoming my favourite ever Muse riff, going to sound huge live