Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

I think that the tremolo riff should have been longer, it's now one of my favourite riffs they've ever written, and one of the heaviest too

I think another minute would probably have been too much IMO. I agree that it could have been repeated/developed more but I think a minute would be pushing it.

I suppose a minute would be overstaying it's welcome, but I think they should have done more with the beautiful tremolo bit and resolved that section better 'cos it cuts kind of abruptly I find.

What happened to the items being dropped in the making of vid?

Lol? I've only heard the song one time and it was very clear and direct in the beginning. It's supposed to sound like gunshots. You can hear them in the beginning.

Lol? I've only heard the song one time and it was very clear and direct in the beginning. It's supposed to sound like gunshots. You can hear them in the beginning.

Oh. I thought they went on for quite long in the making of. I'll listen again, but when I posted that I was around 1 minute and couldn't hear anything.

edit: oh ok can hear it. Very soft though.

I think that the tremolo riff should have been longer, it's now one of my favourite riffs they've ever written, and one of the heaviest too

Yeah I absolutely loved that, when how the string sections in the background change as well it just sounds like the end of the world

I think I was expecting too much from The Globalist when it released, or maybe I was expecting it to sound completely Origin-era. Either way, it's an okay tune after a few listens.

I'm going to try and put together a crossover of The Globalist and Citizen Erased, with some added improv and ideas of how I was expecting The Globalist to sound. Here's the first little jam I put together in a few mins, it's just a bit of a mash-up, nothing special so far:

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLvvg61T_NA[/YT]

I'm currently writing up a combination of the arpeggiated interlude of CE and the first verse of TG, hopefully it won't turn out shit :ninja:

:LOL:

Sorry I just had a huge laugh when listening to your crossover video...

Without being mean, this is exactly why some of you people disappointed by The Globalist should just sit down, listen to the master, and practice.

You clearly don't have the skills man...

The Globalist is probably Muse's best song yet, and a lot people are complaining because it doesn't sound like Citizen Erased, or because of the piano part. Come on, Matt is much more intelligent than this. It would have been so boring had he given in to your fanboy desires and brought back the CE riff for 30 seconds or so. It would have been so predictable if the second part continued the last riff. Instead we have a beautiful piano part. Fucking amazing.

The easy way out would have been to do what you're trying to do, mix both riffs (with a lot more skills obviously... :LOL:), but what they wrote is exactly what needed to be done.

It will eventually grow on you all and you'll understand why it's the best piece of the album (Handler is close though, amazing as well).

Muse fans who think they know better than Matt... hilarious... :LOL: