Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Right after the lyrics ¨Now you have finally have the code, I have given you the code¨ you can hear what sounds like reversed and sped up voices. Threw it into Audition, slowed it down to 250% and reverse it. Attached the file below.

I'm pretty sure the voices are bits of lyrics from the others songs on the album.

¨Dead Inside..¨

¨A fucking psycho!¨

¨The world just disavows¨

(Backing track possibly from Reapers/The Handler)

¨Now I'm a defector¨

(Something possibly from Revolt/Aftermath)

The Globalist tells the same story as the rest of the album but with a bad ending, so it makes sense that right before the bad ending there are these flashbacks. If anyone can figure out what the others are or correct me that'd be cool.

holy shit

If they'd only let the last part before the piano kicks in to elevate a bit I would've loved this song. The part former released on instagram should've been repeated once (it flows perfectly into itself when played on guitar) before going into the last bit, which should've grown a bit and have more of a apocalyptic climax imo. Would've been so juicy

Just realized from the making of that "ascension bit" that Dom commented on Chris doing a slide, well that bass section is no where to be found in this song.

I never expected the middle section to be basically the same riff for 2 minutes. I expected it to start out differently and develop in different ways around the same tone. So it seems they cut stuff, from a section that we all already think is too short.

I was starting to enjoy the last part, then I heard Matt sing "It's you and me, babe" :LOL:

If The Handler had a babe slipped in it I would've ejected the disc and put it in the trash immediately. lol. Well if I was listening to the real album and not a leak but you get the picture. Just ruins any bit of serious tone when that word is thrown into a song.

Right after the lyrics ¨Now you have finally have the code, I have given you the code¨ you can hear what sounds like reversed and sped up voices. Threw it into Audition, slowed it down to 250% and reverse it. Attached the file below.

I'm pretty sure the voices are bits of lyrics from the others songs on the album.

¨Dead Inside..¨

¨A fucking psycho!¨

¨The world just disavows¨

(Backing track possibly from Reapers/The Handler)

¨Now I'm a defector¨

(Something possibly from Revolt/Aftermath)

The Globalist tells the same story as the rest of the album but with a bad ending, so it makes sense that right before the bad ending there are these flashbacks. If anyone can figure out what the others are or correct me that'd be cool.

Thats really cool. This is why I freaking love Muse! Great find.

Matt has stated a few times (and I think Chris as well) in no uncertain terms that the song is a sequel to CE. I don't find it coincidental that you can draw parallels between the two with very little effort. Of course there are some obvious shared themes across the two respective albums, even if OoS deals with them in a more metaphorical sense.

As a combined narrative though, it provides the most thorough interpretation of CE's lyrics that I've heard.

Matt has stated a few times (and I think Chris as well) in no uncertain terms that the song is a sequel to CE. I don't find it coincidental that you can draw parallels between the two with very little effort. Of course there are some obvious shared themes across the two respective albums, even if OoS deals with them in a more metaphorical sense.

As a combined narrative though, it provides the most thorough interpretation of CE's lyrics that I've heard.

Matt said that, Chris denied it completely lol. But yeah as a combined narrative that's really the only way I see the two link together.

I personally imagine the tremolo being global nuclear war and the first bomb was when it got louder. I'm assuming global nuclear war with nukes going off all over the place doesn't really last long, which is why that section would be short. Then of course it would cut to post-apocalypse with the whole piano thing.

I really hope there's some good imagery if they do a lyric video of it, I was kind of disappointed by The Handlers lack of imagery during the solo which it really needed. Then again it is just a lyric video.

This is pretty much what's suggested by the lyrics as well. So it does make sense narratively - just less so musically.

I love it - shame the heavier part of the song was so short. The rest of the song could be part of a movie soundtrack or something similar, had a very large and epic feel to it. The only real let down was the over-hype it received for being known as 'Citizen Erased 2', there are some likenesses but The Globalist just feels too different. :)