Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Goddammit, if that riff turned into a heavy chorus a bit like Assassin, this would be a classic. Even the piano part is actually quite beautiful, but because the heavy bit doesn't deliver the climax you're expecting, it takes away from the end. This would be a huge live track if it had one more heavy section.

I agree with the poster that said they should cut out the piano part live and go straight into Citizen Erased. They'll never do it, but that would be delivering.

This is pretty much a sequel to Exogenesis, even how it's divided in 3 parts.I love it except for the piano part which just drags on, even though there was so much potential in there.

I can see them being on the same timeline, the leader kills the earth and a few can get away from here before its too late.

You can be Commander in Chief

You can hide your true motives

To dismantle and destroy

Now you have good.

Nobama!

I love the opening so damned much. I want it to turn into something completely different though. Like, if it somehow turned into City of Delusion, it would be the best thing ever.

Still, I do enjoy it as a track. I think it'll grow on me quite a bit.

I don't get this song at all. Too much pastiche in a frankly weird juxtaposition.

Plus those piano glissandos are dreadful and make the end section sound even cheaper (are three of them really necessary?)

Alright I won't let this go to waste. I'm writing a whole song based on the riff. it's starting to sound a bit like a combination of Assassin, SS and AP so far.

Alright I won't let this go to waste. I'm writing a whole song based on the riff. it's starting to sound a bit like a combination of Assassin, SS and AP so far.

Just add the end of Reapers to it!

The opening is the worst bit for me. It sounds like the guitar solo section of supremacy, but not as good!

The whistling :'(.

Why? Why did they do that? :'(. I can barely get through the intro because of it.

Just add the end of Reapers to it!

even that's not gonna save it. it needs to be considered again.

The whistling :'(.

Why? Why did they do that? :'(. I can barely get through the intro because of it.

I agree! I think the piano outro is amazing though.

This song is a complete mess.

Even the middle section is pretty dire. It's such a bland, uninspired riff. And it's repeated for like two minutes. Yawn.

After listening a few more times I must say I love it even more. It's like Exogenesis' evil twin.

Also, the lyrics during the piano part are seriously heartbreaking. I'll admit once I began focusing on the lyrics I teared up a little.

Edited by Matt's Jawbone

This song is pretty awesome, it is placed perfectly on the album and fits very well. It's probably somewhat weaker when taken alone. The last part lets it down slightly. I don't think it's inherently bad, but it absolutely could have been something better.

Just in case someone doesn't noticed... the opening of The Globalist ist not just in Ennio Morricone style, it's an actual cover of the Ennio Morricone song "L'Arena".

Btw. I Love the Song.

BTW I think I've figured out why the heavy part is so short.

that part is meant to resemble the world being blown up. The bass drum kicks in when the countdown starts and the drums kicking in for a few seconds before the tremolo resembles it exploding and it explodes quickly. The jarring transition to the piano is almost like a "cut to white".

Just in case someone doesn't noticed... the opening of The Globalist ist not just in Ennio Morricone style, it's an actual cover of the Ennio Morricone song "L'Arena".

Btw. I Love the Song.

No it's not. It's an obvious rip off, but not a cover

No it's not. It's an obvious rip off, but not a cover

Does anyone know if this the same for the Nimrod bit? Are they not crediting Elgar even though for all intents and purposes they share the same tune?

BTW I think I've figured out why the heavy part is so short.

that part is meant to resemble the world being blown up. The bass drum kicks in when the countdown starts and the drums kicking in for a few seconds before the tremolo resembles it exploding and it explodes quickly. The jarring transition to the piano is almost like a "cut to white".

I personally imagine the tremolo being global nuclear war and the first bomb was when it got louder. I'm assuming global nuclear war with nukes going off all over the place doesn't really last long, which is why that section would be short. Then of course it would cut to post-apocalypse with the whole piano thing.

I really hope there's some good imagery if they do a lyric video of it, I was kind of disappointed by The Handlers lack of imagery during the solo which it really needed. Then again it is just a lyric video.

Btw. I Love the Song.

it really isn't.

I felt like not only did they obviously reference (Rip-off if you prefer) Elgar.. but they didn't even do a very good job of it. I kept waiting for the dramatic climax and it never came, which is pretty bad considering this song was really trying to make itself epic.

As it is, it's a combination of Morricone, Soaked (Muse), Chicken on a bone (Feeder) and Nimrod (Elgar). Barely an original thought in the whole ten minutes. I could try and find positives, but I kinda feel like I have the right to be disappointed when a song billed as the sequel to CITIZEN ERASED turned out to be several different rip-offs thrown together (And thrown together badly, at that).