Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Ok, so I think this could be the song with the Godfather-esque tremolo picking, just a feeling, that's all.

I hope it's in excess of 10 minutes. Wanted Muse to do prog for so long now.

I think this is now my most anticipated track

In before it's actually 7 minutes long, has classic rock solos and cheesy 80s vocal harmonies.

You heard it here first, my friends.

This will be the pinnacle moment in Muse fandom disappointment. It's going to be absolutely brutal. No matter what the song sounds like (and I doubt it sounds like CE), it will not live up to the expectations.

Matt has a really bad track record with describing track lengths.

Jokes aside, pretty sure he was talking about Knights which isn't far off 7 minutes. Then someone mixed in the key changing inferno (TaB) stuff.

I doubt he actually said anything about CE... people hear what they want to hear.

Jokes aside, pretty sure he was talking about Knights which isn't far off 7 minutes. Then someone mixed in the key changing inferno (TaB) stuff.

I doubt he actually said anything about CE... people hear what they want to hear.

He definitely didn't say anything about CE. The theories for that album were based on pretty much nothing, and unlike the latter ones they were completely ridiculous. "A song with synth arpeggios in the background? SS part 2"

He definitely didn't say anything about CE. The theories for that album were based on pretty much nothing, and unlike the latter ones they were completely ridiculous. "A song with synth arpeggios in the background? SS part 2"

He actually specifically said that The Globalist is the long-awaited sequel to Citizen Erased...apart from it being a ten-minute prog rock nightmare.

:D

He actually specifically said that The Globalist is the long-awaited sequel to Citizen Erased...apart from it being a ten-minute prog rock nightmare.

:D

We're talking about BH&R theories from 2005.

Matt has a really bad track record with describing track lengths.

Wasn't the first description of Knights of Cydonia as a 15 minute prog rock track? By that logic the globalist will be about 4 and a half minutes.

I don't know why matt shared that info. People will be inevitably dissapointed, even if the song is great

If people get disappointed because they took Matt's word on something, it's their own fault.

I don't know why matt shared that info. People will be inevitably dissapointed, even if the song is great

People need to realise Matt always, always overinflated expectations.