Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

I doubt Drones would be too dark. They seem to want the "story" to have a happy ending.

Where'd you hear that?

It seems to me that The Globalist is a song of the rise and fall of a dictator (who, I believe, is the continued story of the protagonist, from Dead Insides' "I'll control and hypnotise...") I see no reason why, after his fall from power, there would be a happy ending, or why they'd want that.

I hope it's something more neutral, calm, but still impactful, like Pink Floyd's Outside The Wall.

I don't want it to be a ripoff of course, but still. That's what I see necessary.

The Globalist is a stand alone song according to interviews. That's why there's confusion about Drones after it.

The album description says the character revolts against his oppressors and Matt said Aftermath was a love song.

Drones could be another stand alone song that is...a full song not instrumental? Let's hope

I'm surprised nobody noticed the reversed Matt vocals that start around 3:54. Interesting touch.

I noticed it but didn't really think much of it.

I don't think it's part of the actual song, just sounded like someone whizzing through a section of Matt's vocals on fast-forward or rewind. Could be wrong though, I guess, it could go with the plane noises and countdown.

The Globalist could just be the overarcing title for the sake of the track listing, while the album liner notes could break down the titles of the individual parts? /grasping

Have to admit, I'm nervously excited now after seeing and hearing this video. In my opinion, the closest Muse have ever come to prog rock is on Origin. Even then, they were just grazing at the edges of it.

IF they can indeed pull off a full fledged 10 minute prog song, I'll be immensely impressed and satisfied (and hoping it gets in the U.S. set lists).

Stop being off-topic.

Who are you to tell me this? I'm sooo sure you're always on topic. I don't mind being given infractions for being "off-topic" because I know my intentions are good by calling out people who make unnecessarily nasty or snarky comments to others. I see it as doing a service to the board. Maybe you should reflect on whether you have made the board a pleasant place to be in.

Who are you to tell me this? I'm sooo sure you're always on topic. I don't mind being given infractions for being "off-topic" because I know my intentions are good by calling out people who make unnecessarily nasty or snarky comments to others. I see it as doing a service to the board. Maybe you should reflect on whether you have made the board a pleasant place to be in.

It was a joke, chill.

And anyway, "I'm surprised you didn't notice that it was even talked about a few pages ago." is not nasty/snarky at all. :erm:

It was a joke, chill.

And anyway, "I'm surprised you didn't notice that it was even talked about a few pages ago." is not nasty/snarky at all. :erm:

Alright, sorry - maybe I'm too sensitive. But the board could definitely do with more courtesy! Those instead of posts trying to point out people's mistakes and criticize other's opinion (sometimes seemingly for the sake of being confrontational)!

Back on topic, I really like what we've heard of this so far! It would be interesting to see how they utilise/breakdown the 10minutes of the whole song..

Alright, sorry - maybe I'm too sensitive. But the board could definitely do with more courtesy! Those instead of posts trying to point out people's mistakes and criticize other's opinion (sometimes seemingly for the sake of being confrontational)!

Dunno, JJ said that he was surprised at how people missed the reversed/randomized vocals, then Simon just said he was surprised at how JJ missed that people actually talked about it. No confrontation, no anger, no insults, no negativity :unsure:

I don't like how the first section seems to be the actual L'Arena taken and put there, and I'm not sure about what I heard of the piano ending. The middle section is tasty though. Especially if they deliver with the countdown bit. And 10 minutes are a lot so we really haven't heard much of it as it stands.

Girls, pipe down and stay on-topic.

Of course, I don't need to remind you all not to share links to the video here, as it's definitely copryighted material (not surprisingly, as management has requested links to be taken down almost everywhere).

Girls, pipe down and stay on-topic.

Of course, I don't need to remind you all not to share links to the video here, as it's definitely copryighted material (not surprisingly, as management has requested links to be taken down almost everywhere).

And "girls" was necessary because?