Do you like The Globalist?  

397 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like The Globalist?

• Yes
    • Somewhat
    • No

Didn't Matt say that The Globalist isn't connected to the main story of the album, and while being about a dictator is nothing to do with the main character? NME is full of crap.

He said none of those things. All he said is that it offers two separate narratives. I'm sure this guy asked Matt to clarify what he actually wrote down in that little review of the tracks

I fucking hate statements like this one. Have you heard their first three albums?

"I'm young but I know that I'm aroused"

Matt takes every song he writes as seriously as the next otherwise he wouldn't be a musician. That's why complaints about seriousness are bullshit because this album more than anything deals with a very specific and serious topic. Matt not being able to articulate himself in the best ways doesn't mean he isn't serious. This is also a platform for entertainment here, he's not trying to give us an aural essay as to why drones are bad as much as he is trying to paint us a picture and a story that tells us why.

Supposedly one take but the making of never hinted at that.

The interviewer says the "wiggin" that is The Globalist was recorded in one take. I think he either means the track only had one skeleton take and Matt just went back and kept retouching things like he mentioned for that slide guitar part with Mutt, or that Matt had said it only took one take but was taking the piss

any confirmed lyrics for this song yet?

"A trillion memories lost in time forever"

But Muse save their full 1812 Overture arsenal for The Globalist, a majestic finale which begins with whistles and twangs worthy of Ennio Morricone, erupts into a tumescent speed-metal riff monster midway through, then ends on a soaring Lloyd Webber-sized show-stopper about the imminent death of mankind: ‘A trillion memories lost in time forever!’ Bellamy howls as planets collide and stars implode. This is the way the world ends: with a bang and a whimper. And a symphony orchestra.

The interviewer says the "wiggin" that is The Globalist was recorded in one take. I think he either means the track only had one skeleton take and Matt just went back and kept retouching things like he mentioned for that slide guitar part with Mutt, or that Matt had said it only took one take but was taking the piss

I'm pretty behind on what's happened today but do you mean the quote in the NME saying this is 'the wiggiest song they've done'? In that case, I'm pretty sure he means that it's one of their most crazy/mental songs, not that it was recorded in one take.

You could be talking about something entirely different though. Like I said, I'm still pretty behind.

I'm pretty behind on what's happened today but do you mean the quote in the NME saying this is 'the wiggiest song they've done'? In that case, I'm pretty sure he means that it's one of their most crazy/mental songs, not that it was recorded in one take.

You could be talking about something entirely different though. Like I said, I'm still pretty behind.

He mentioned it later on in the interview somewhere after going into depth about The Globalist with the same word and specified verbatim it was recorded in one take. So who knows

He mentioned it later on in the interview somewhere after going into depth about The Globalist with the same word and specified verbatim it was recorded in one take. So who knows

Ah right, I've found the bit you're on about. He says 'even the wigging-out of The Globalist was recorded in one take'. I think he means that just the mental bits of TG were recorded in one take (the heavy bits). He could mean the whole song but that seems a bit unlikely for a 13 minute prog song.

Seems weird though, considering Mutt's supposed to be a 'slave driver' who likes to get loads of takes. Maybe it's bullshit or just a case of stretching the truth.

Ah right, I've found the bit you're on about. He says 'even the wigging-out of The Globalist was recorded in one take'. I think he means that just the mental bits of TG were recorded in one take (the heavy bits). He could mean the whole song but that seems a bit unlikely for a 13 minute prog song.

Seems weird though, considering Mutt's supposed to be a 'slave driver' who likes to get loads of takes. Maybe it's bullshit or just a case of stretching the truth.

Odds are he was just referring to the heavy guitar portion

I think it means what is on album is one single live take instead of being pieced together from the best parts of 31 takes, doesn't it?

Not that it was recorded and they used the FIRST take, by any means.

Maybe they did 31 takes because they were going to use the one they finally got completely right?

Yeah, reminds me of the RBS countdown on the live visuals. Always loved that, it made the buildup seem that much more epic.

Exactly, especially if it's explosive after that buildup and they have a countdown on the screens, they could have one hell of a live track especially if they pair with epic stage production.

I think the whistling sounds fine and fits the track. People are so dramatic.

Same. It fits the sound of that part of the song, even if it's a bit cliche/cheesy.

Shit, Knights has horses and lasers on it.