Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I think wankery has been thrown about since OOS, both in the positive and negative sense. This solo is a bit out there, if the album version is a little tighter i think it'll be great.

I mean I've heard the term thrown around forever, not in relation to Muse really since Guiding Light came about. And now a few people that don't know anything about guitar have learned a new vocabulary word and throw it around like it means anything.

That said the solo isn't really blowing me away but there are pieces of it I like. I mainly am impressed how it fuses multiple styles into one solo. There are some bluesy 60s/70s bits in there, some 80s style shredding and whammy usage and then the modern automated whammy bits (parts that sound like Unsustainable). Also I think the second half of it, the more structured bit is a lot more enjoyable for me.

Actually come to think about it maybe thats why I'm not being blown away by it, tries to do too much, too disjointed in its styles lol. I won't judge it until I hear it on album.

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

I'm thinking the lyrics will be dark and hopeless. A lot of the kids from my high school went into the military for crazy nationalistic reasons. Others joined because they felt like they weren't good enough to do anything else. They were depressed, and weren't in good economic situations. The thinking behind it was "might as well join to help others, and if I die oh well." Maybe they were looking for an honorable suicide... A lot of recruiters (in the US at least) prey on schools in low income areas, kids with few options. The "Lost in the Wild" lyric from Psycho reminded me of this mentality. Since Dead Inside precedes Psycho it might go more in depth on this hopeless feeling.

Or it could be cheesy and over the top muse again...

I mean I've heard the term thrown around forever, not in relation to Muse really since Guiding Light came about. And now a few people that don't know anything about guitar have learned a new vocabulary word and throw it around like it means anything.

The Newborn live solo in its different incarnations has brought about some wankery discussions in the past, probably also because the hand motions were quite literally reminiscent of the actual act of wanking.

Just for future reference, muse-france or anything similar don't know any more than we do. All speculation, and a lot of people have misquoted the official damn website that says the "week of 23rd" and say the 23rd as though it is in fact coming that Monday rather than later.

Just for future reference, muse-france or anything similar don't know any more than we do. All speculation, and a lot of people have misquoted the official damn website that says the "week of 23rd" and say the 23rd as though it is in fact coming that Monday rather than later.

that's what i thought but i had to try... you guys think they are gonna relase a press note with the date or just release/upload the song?

Good old dark blue links on a black background...

But yes, it was always the 23rd, so nothing new there.

"The first single from Drones, Dead Inside, will debut the week of 23 March."

It might be the 23rd, although they never specifically mentioned a day. It could come out anytime next week, I think.

"The first single from Drones, Dead Inside, will debut the week of 23 March."

It might be the 23rd, although they never specifically mentioned a day. It could come out anytime next week, I think.

they edited the post.

Anyways.

I just realised that you managed to wrote 2 pages of posts from the duration of the song. Damn

It just says "songs" though, so I'm sure it's not outside the realms of possibility that Psycho and Reapers are the only songs that'll make it onto the DVD because that does technically fulfill the requirements. I hope I'm wrong though.

It would be a bad marketing move not to include the two singles on the DVD, the pre-release promotional single ("Psycho") and the lead single ("Dead Inside"). I'm certain those two will be on it, however anything else will be cake. I still expect half the album, honestly. These two plus "Reapers" are what I'm certain about so far.

It just says "songs" though, so I'm sure it's not outside the realms of possibility that Psycho and Reapers are the only songs that'll make it onto the DVD because that does technically fulfill the requirements. I hope I'm wrong though.

Possible, but I doubt it. I'd say we'd at least get one more.

It would be a bad marketing move not to include the two singles on the DVD, the pre-release promotional single ("Psycho") and the lead single ("Dead Inside"). I'm certain those two will be on it, however anything else will be cake. I still expect half the album, honestly. These two plus "Reapers" are what I'm certain about so far.

Possible, but I doubt it. I'd say we'd at least get one more.

Yeah, I doubt it too. I think they'll put Dead Inside on there and then that'll be it. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

I think they'll play it in Brighton

I think the next two gigs will get a different song instead of Reapers

then Manchester and Brighton will get a different song to that

with Brighton possibly getting both Dead Inside and another new song