Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I'm expecting something rather upbeat from this. Rather like Time is Running Out has 'drowning' and 'asphyxiated' and 'death' in it but is a rather fun, driving track. Maybe something similarly sadist, like the perspective of someone wanting to drown out the world with drugs or by obeying some totalitarian regime etc, with the lyrics glamourising it. The chorus, 'I wanna feel Dead Insiiiiide' or something. Of course, surface-level will be characteristically vague.

I'm looking forward for Dead Inside.

Being Drones open song I expect something huge, like New Born or Take a Bow, this album seems pretty dark, maybe this one is sad.

Think this song goes 'in crescendo', like you guys said, a Muscle Museum type, it begins with the bass a slow but constant rhythm, and growes with the guitar, maybe it has some rage in the voice, don't know if falseto, but yes screams (Showbiz ending), this song may influenced by Kate Hudson and Matt's break up.

I don't know.

this song may influenced by Kate Hudson and Matt's break up.

I don't know.

It was written before they broke up. But might be influenced by relationship troubles at least. I mean I doubt he could write anything that wasn't even slightly influenced by something like that.

It was written before they broke up. But might be influenced by relationship troubles at least. I mean I doubt he could write anything that wasn't even slightly influenced by something like that.

For sure.

What I'm trying to say (sorry for my poor english, I'm spanish) is, this song is going to be a gamechanger, something epic.

If it is a concept album, I'm thinking Dead Inside could be about either someone experiencing emotional trauma or a kind of social commentary on how people have become mindless followers of the powers that be or some shit, with either one resulting in the person more susceptible to the brainwashing/recruitment in Psycho. Both could be cool if tackled correctly but I guess the second one seems more 'Matt'.

/pointless speculation

Judging from Matt's links on brainwashing I suppose it is about the state you come to after being broken down mentally when you don't know what to believe in. It's after that process the brainwashers (?) start to reconstruct your beliefs as suited to them. Would make sense with the drill sergeant coming on afterwards turning us into 'super drones' :p I expect melancholy and fright of who you are and finding that there's nothing left of who you were. Of course it will be able to interpret in a highly emotional way. I'm trying to not get my hopes up to much but I think this song will be great, there's so much potential for it

I'm curious about whether there's going to be silence until the May festivals start happening after this comes out.

Hopefully not, even just a studio version of Reapers would keep me hyped.

Can't see them releasing a third full song before the album comes out but I guess it's not impossible. I'm expecting just some more instagram clips, if anything.

Can't see them releasing a third full song before the album comes out but I guess it's not impossible. I'm expecting just some more instagram clips, if anything.

We had quite a few songs before T2L though didn't we if I remember? Survival, Unsustainable, Madness, Isolated? I reckon we'll get something between April/May.

We had quite a few songs before T2L though didn't we if I remember? Survival, Unsustainable, Madness, Isolated? I reckon we'll get something between April/May.

True, they don't normally release that many songs though so it might not be the best example to go off. We've already got a pre-order bonus (Psycho) and a lead single (Dead Inside). The only way we'll get another song is if they do another promotional thing just before the album comes out like what they did with Isolated System imo. Like I said, not impossible, I just don't think we'll get anything else before the May festivals.