Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I think when you factor it into the narrative of the album, to me at least, it becomes much better and thought provoking.

And also, this has become my favourite song in the past couple of days and that scares me.

I totally agree with your first part, I rationalise all my issues with this song by think of it as part of the story, It helps me not dislike it lyrically and stylistically. I just think it could do with a more poignant beginning.

DI's origin of inspiration:

It always was one of my favourite BSB songs, so fine with me. My 2001 self would find it hysterical, though. One thing's for sure: that "deaaad insiiiide!" sounds too much like a Max Martin work (can't tell if one for Britney Spears, *NSYNC or BSB) in the late Nineties/early Noughties.

Watching the Brighton video back I'd bet heavily that DI will be dropped for the next album tour, and that it might not even survive to the end of this one (at least without some adjustments). Those outro vocals look like a bit of a nightmare.

I think it's only a matter of time before they transpose it down a bit to make it easier for Matt to sing. No way they'd drop the lead single on this album tour.

Last night I dreamed I discovered I'd been listening to the wrong version of Dead Inside and that there was a full version with some kind of epic heavy outro that was so much better. Now I just know I'll be disappointed every time I listen to the song as it won't be as good as the version in my dream :(

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2