Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I think the use of dancers and that dance style works well the song tbh. Some of the guy's moves are a bit overly-dramatic for me (at the "But there's nothing there/Light only shines..." bit) but maybe that's a bit nit-picky, the rest of the clip looked alright imo.

I listened to this twice when it came out, then decided to leave it until now before judging it.

I've decided I'm about as meh about Dead Inside as I am about Psycho...except Psycho may be better because I know it's good live. I like the chorus, at least from the second one onwards, and I like the big shift towards the end. But other than that it just plods along and takes far too long to get going.

I disagree with people who say it "goes nowhere"...it definitely goes somewhere. It might not go as big as Madness but the first and second half fit nicely together and it's enough for me. Pyscho on the other hand...that is the definition of going nowhere.

I think when you factor it into the narrative of the album, to me at least, it becomes much better and thought provoking.

And also, this has become my favourite song in the past couple of days and that scares me.

Is it really thought provoking though? The concept has already been explained and it's pretty straightforward.

Is it really thought provoking though? The concept has already been explained and it's pretty straightforward.

Well, wrong word there probably. A better way of describing my experience with it is that it now strikes more of an emotional chord with me when I think about it.