Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I still think it's gonna be a cheesy love song.

Based on the title and the place in the narrative (The subject must end up "lost in the wild" and disappointed by love to end up in the claws of Psycho's drill sergeant) it is likely that it'll involve some kind of heartbreak or abandonment. But that can range from cheesy love song to angsty emo, to anger. I don't expect it to be a very sweet and lovey dovey ditty of positivity.

Based on the title and the place in the narrative (The subject must end up "lost in the wild" and disappointed by love to end up in the claws of Psycho's drill sergeant) it is likely that it'll involve some kind of heartbreak or abandonment. But that can range from cheesy love song to angsty emo, to anger. I don't expect it to be a very sweet and lovey dovey ditty of positivity.

It'll be a love song alright, except along the lines of Hysteria. Odds are the person the protagonist loves ends up killed by drones and has to run to avoid them, ending up "lost in the wild" and wandering into/joining a military camp to survive.

It'll be a love song alright, except along the lines of Hysteria. Odds are the person the protagonist loves ends up killed by drones and has to run to avoid them, ending up "lost in the wild" and wandering into/joining a military camp to survive.

could potentially be expanded to everyone he loves has been killed and that's why the individual has joined. I think the song may start off sad, as if they're grieving and then develop into angry and aggressive.

or not :p

Lol exactly. Also the amount of people throwing out the term wank/wankery. Buzz word 2015. Its the first time Matt has done a lengthy solo like that barring Dark Shines. Stop complaining.

The main solo was a high point in the track. I think the fact that the song is so solo-heavy makes it harder to stand up tall live compared to their other songs. Solos by virtue are kind of flimsy since it shows more virtuosity than anything, and Matt's falsetto doesn't do much (live) to hold up the chorus either.

Lol exactly. Also the amount of people throwing out the term wank/wankery. Buzz word 2015. Its the first time Matt has done a lengthy solo like that barring Dark Shines. Stop complaining.

I think wankery has been thrown about since OOS, both in the positive and negative sense. This solo is a bit out there, if the album version is a little tighter i think it'll be great.