Do you like Dead Inside?  

569 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Dead Inside?

• Yes
    • No

I can't remember a Muse song where people have had such a change of opinion after multiple listens

Probably, it seems very shallow and pretty awful on the first listen (myself and my flatmate who also likes muse were sitting listening to it on release completely dumbfounded by what we were hearing, gaping like fish, unable to construe a proper reaction), but as has been noted many times in this thread it has some interesting depths to it, not least of all the vocals, regardless of the lyrical quality.

I'm no longer as irritated and confused by Dead Inside, I no longer vehemently oppose its existence.. Many people can take an initially lighthearted criticism too far when challenged, and I'm guilty of that. The old kneejerk reaction and all.

I can't believe how much this song has grown on me. :LOL: I even love the middle section, and the bass/drum groove throughout the song is so good. And unlike Madness, this wouldn't feel out of place in a heavy setlist.

It would've been great if the Dead Inside wasn't at the beginning though, just let that bass and drum open the album.

Edited by Dillyracer

I remember listening to Super massive black hole (on a Welsh beach as it happens, not that that is at all relevant) when it was first released thinking Oh No, Muse have become the Scissor Sisters, and now it's a classic. I recently had a personal "Muse-athon ", (just listening to every album back to back basically) and when I arrived at T2L, I just couldn't face it. I loathe that album (bar one or two songs). After that, the only way is up really and so far, I am liking the two new songs a lot and have played them far too many times. Have faith folks, I have a feeling that Drones will be awesome.

I remember listening to Super massive black hole (on a Welsh beach as it happens, not that that is at all relevant) when it was first released thinking Oh No, Muse have become the Scissor Sisters, and now it's a classic. I recently had a personal "Muse-athon ", (just listening to every album back to back basically) and when I arrived at T2L, I just couldn't face it. I loathe that album (bar one or two songs). After that, the only way is up really and so far, I am liking the two new songs a lot and have played them far too many times. Have faith folks, I have a feeling that Drones will be awesome.

Two new songs are definitely an upgrade on pretty much anything from T2L, except perhaps Animals. I remember there was a poll released asking for where T2L stood amongst Muse's other albums just after it's release. Unbelievably people had it tied with Black holes as the band's third best entry at the time. Wowzers

I think I really like it. Only heard it four times on bad lap top speakers, this will probably sound awesome with a proper soundsystem.

The beginning is reminiscent of Depeche Mode, soundwise, and with the dark atmosphere, but not too literally (this is great). So far the small complain I have is that the "release" part after the "build up" could have a bit more variation.

Definitely not what I expected, but this is a relief after Psycho and what I've heard of Reapers.

I kind of like this now. Still well and truly in the bottom half of muse songs but not the bottom 3.

Jimmy, man, loved your show, the guy who cancelled it was an ass****. Do you think you will film new episodes? I'm glad to have a celebrity here in the muse board. :happy:

Jimmy, man, loved your show, the guy who cancelled it was an ass****. Do you think you will film new episodes? I'm glad to have a celebrity here in the muse board. :happy:

I'm actually making a spinoff. Just caught up with Keith Richards, did some fishing and discussed the script. Can't reveal too much though.