2015.03.15 - Ulster Hall, Belfast, NI

noodlum93

WAFFLER lol. That entire reply is just more waffle. I had a wee click on ur twitter link and all I can say is WAFFLE. u have a whole bunch of ppl who wer also at the concert calling you a waffler too lol. But of course everyone else is wrong and ur right. I will leave you be now as I dont want you to misconstrue this into something its not - as u are very fond of doing apparently. if u ever actually manage to snag urself a boyfriend - God help him :)

Oh heres some parting gems from ur timeline if ur wondering wot Bullshit I am referring to (and why indeed u are a killjoy busybody to use ur own words) - read back over these and just contemplate on these insights from ur own imagination -

#MuseBelfast Dom just dedicated Uprising to his uncle, "killed here in 79 in the troubles." Room went awkward silent. Way to go, Dom.. :/

#MuseBelfast knights confirmed. Dont think you got just how poorly recieved that troubles comment was. Totally killed the atmosphere.

Its picked back up with the big songs (singing to both, jumping for knights) but 1800 people just collectively went :| #MuseBelfast

If you're not from here, theres one rule to being here - dont mention the troubles. Oh well. Gig still amazing #MuseBelfast

If you dont get it: troubles here = civil war. Nearly everyone lost a family member. We dont talk about it. Hence bad reaction. #MuseBelfast

Offstage for encore break. Crowd unfazed by troubles thing now. It just threw us really - nobody can react to that #MuseBelfast

U are my new favourite eejit :)

:LOL: 'Waffler' isn't the word I was thinking of! Notice how Wraffah refuses to tell us how old he/she is. He/she probably wasn't even born during The Troubles.:LOL: And he/she is such a big Muse fan, he/she thinks the singer/guitarist is called Dom. Unbelievable!

Edited by maturefan

And he/she is such a big Muse fan, he/she thinks the singer/guitarist is called Dom. Unbelievable!

In fairness to him/her there is some confusion about who actually said it, Dom or Matt. I was there and I'm confused :erm:

I was there also and no one around me was affected by the comment. Uprising got the crowd going as much as any other song. Maybe you should focus more on enjoying yourself and not worrying about the religious or political makeup of the crowd. You might enjoy life a bit more.

I was there and at no point did the atmosphere change because of what he said about his uncle.

:thumbsup:

I'm just thankful they came here in the first place and smashed our faces off with stuff we were lucky to hear in the first place.

Absolutely right! During The Troubles (Oops! Was I not allowed to use that phrase?) hardly any bands played in NI, not just because they were afraid to, but even people who really, really wanted to play couldn't get the insurance. We really, REALLY appreciated the people who did come. I saw Harry Chapin three times (any of you youngsters know his music?) I saw Don McLean, my first musical hero, at the Grovesnor Hall in 1979. He insisted on playing small venues all around NI and had to have a police guard because the IRA threatened to kidnap him. The NI audiences have always been, and still are, some of the most appreciative in the world. Music should unite us, not divide us.:)

In fairness to him/her there is some confusion about who actually said it, Dom or Matt. I was there and I'm confused :erm:

Fair enough.

I was there also and no one around me was affected by the comment. Uprising got the crowd going as much as any other song. Maybe you should focus more on enjoying yourself and not worrying about the religious or political makeup of the crowd. You might enjoy life a bit more.

:LOL:

• I'm furious that neither the belefasttelegraph.co.uk nor BBC1 NI News even mentioned that one of the biggest bands in the world played in Belfast on Sunday.:mad: Was there anything in the local papers?

UTV and Belfast Tele among others had posts about it on their fb pages, and radio stations mentioned it too.

I was towards the back of the hall, and all I heard was something about 1979 and then 'the Troubles'. My friend and I were a bit lolwut and a couple of people joked 'awkwaaard' but that's it. Lets tuck our ovaries back in and move on.

Still over the moon with the set we got.

UTV and Belfast Tele among others had posts about it on their fb pages, and radio stations mentioned it too.

I was towards the back of the hall, and all I heard was something about 1979 and then 'the Troubles'. My friend and I were a bit lolwut and a couple of people joked 'awkwaaard' but that's it. Lets tuck our ovaries back in and move on.

Still over the moon with the set we got.

I recorded BBC NI News last night and it wasn't mentioned. I can't get UTV here but I'll look for it online. I didn't see anything yesterday on belfasttelegraph.co.uk. Was it in the print version? Which day? I'll ask my sister to send it here if she got it; if not, she can ask around. Thanks!:D

I recorded BBC NI News last night and it wasn't mentioned. I can't get UTV here but I'll look for it online. I didn't see anything yesterday on belfasttelegraph.co.uk. Was it in the print version? Which day? I'll ask my sister to send it here if she got it; if not, she can ask around. Thanks!:D

To be fair Stormont is going to shit at the minute so I think Newsline/UTV are more focused on that, haha. I think it will be in the Thursday print because the tickets went on sale then, and there was prob something in Monday's print as a review.

Try the Tele fb page, and the Love Belfast page - they def had something on it!

To be fair Stormont is going to shit at the minute so I think Newsline/UTV are more focused on that, haha. I think it will be in the Thursday print because the tickets went on sale then, and there was prob something in Monday's print as a review.

Try the Tele fb page, and the Love Belfast page - they def had something on it!

Thanks! Will do!:)

Nothing on FB BT page. I scrolled right back to last Wednesday. Nothing on Love Belfast, either. What is the matter with these people? Some unknown from Banbridge was more important.:(

Edited by maturefan

On an unfortunate note, it appears that exception is being taken (on YouTube) against any recordings from Sunday night by PEDL (Pan European Digital Licensing Initiative) - Warner/Chappell as most if not all video recordings of Psycho and Reapers are being blocked for copyright reasons.

Maybe it's because they are new and unreleased songs - as all other Muse songs seem to be ok.

Pfft luckily I downloaded some of the vids.

Meant to say Hugh Manson was there as well to see how his guitars stood up to first night trashing.

It looked like Matt was throwing his guitar towards the back of the stage. As long as he doesn't hit Dom, I'll be happy!:LOL:

okay, so i bought tickets for this gig.

But i bought them with my dad's credit card.. if i take his credit card with me, and have my own ID and everything is that good enough? i'm really stressing out about this. like my last name is on that credit card of course, so that should be fine right? my name in my ticketmaster account is my name and my own account. (email said that you need to bring confirmation mail too). so i don't know if they care about my first name being the only difference?? gosh why is still so stressful.

I have the same worry- I booked on my dad's card so surely if he is with me (but is not attending) but he has the card, his ID and I have my ID I should be fine? This is for Manchester btw

All they did in Belfast was swipe my card, didn't look at it or check it, just swiped it and said.... Two Tkts you and him?

Aye.

Same in Newport but the one time you don't bring everything you've been asked for is the:( time you'll probably need it.

What I don't understand why was there two queues to go into Ulster Hall? We were told to go in the left doors if we had to collect tickets, but surely everyone had to collect tickets but the majority went through the right hand doors? Incidently you could easily have got in without a ticket.

What I don't understand why was there two queues to go into Ulster Hall? We were told to go in the left doors if we had to collect tickets, but surely everyone had to collect tickets but the majority went through the right hand doors? Incidently you could easily have got in without a ticket.

Are those the tickets someone mentioned earlier that the venue had to print out because his card wouldn't scan? I haven't heard of problems like that at any of the other venues. Two doors open seems odd unless security was tight on both entrances.

They where pulling anyone with balcony tkts out of the main queue into a seperate one to get them in rather than arse them about in the cold.

We arrived about 8 and the queue was round the corner so we joined the back of it and when we got to the front they said anyone picking tickets up go in the left door. So we did this but very few others did. The 2 guys with the machine swiped my card and printed my tickets and then I went through the 2nd right hand door and got a wristband. I had standing tickets.