Who knows, maybe the Micro Cuts conspiracy was made to avoid executive meddling: See? fans actually want this song (point finger over MC request sign)

Anyway, i love how Matt has here that smile, the smile when you are conspiring and everything is going according to the plan.

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

might be unrelated now (can't be bothered to scroll back to pages I haven't read) but I'd rather see rough versions of MM, Futurism, MC, Handler where he's struggling a bit (literally 2 bum notes or whatever) than perfect renditions of GL/Starlight/Uprising/Resistance. The Psycho tour for me was perfect in that regard, alright his vocals weren't 100% from time to time, but the sets were fantastic and at the end of the day, I personally don't go to a gig for perfect singing ability, I've seen Suede live for fuck sake :LOL:

EDIT: and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to

Who knows, maybe the Micro Cuts conspiracy was made to avoid executive meddling: See? fans actually want this song (point finger over MC request sign)

Anyway, i love how Matt has here that smile, the smile when you are conspiring and everything is going according to the plan.

Sin_t_tulo.jpg

I'm not gonna make any bones about. Finn, I like you.

Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if I finally got round to seeing a song that I'd wanted to see for years and Matt couldn't sing it properly 'cause he was out of breath/unfit, especially considering I may well never see that song again.

I was at the Werchter gig. I can't believe how lucky I was to hear all those heavy tunes. :D

I literally tore my vocal cords when I heard Citizen Erased and Uno. So so so incredibly happy, and they were great, I just wish that their general tempo was a bit up, they seem to play all the songs much slower. And also, wished that more people around me actually knew all these awesome songs they played..

that one?

There was another one, where you could clearly see what was written on the sign, but it appears it's either down now, or the person lost that YT account.

You can kind of see on this one, though, that the fans didn't even have the same pre-made signs. :chuckle:

ehhrr mehhh gawwdd conspieraseeehhh!! :twitchy:

I don't know if you just have poor reading comprehension, or retention, but I just said I'd been curious how it all came about, how he actually saw the faint sign, and why hand it to that particular person.

I do feel a bit bad if the person with the MC sign wasn't there the next night.

Poor attempt to cover up you saying I was full of shit and this didn't happen?

Thats what I mean when I say i don't really consider microcuts a rarity.

You know full well when people are talking about "rare" songs, they are talking about the present. Not what they (or you) have personally seen when.

Why is it apparently selfish to be upset you didn't get a setlist that you liked (especially when other gigs got one that was amazingly better, in many fans' eyes) but it's not selfish to redefine the entire concept of a "rarity" based on what one person has seen in the past?

So in other news, anyone else not really liking this thing that seems to be happening where tv-broadcasts are replaced by streams? I mean I do appreciate them, but not at the cost of good quality, uninterrupted proshots.

The streams, and all the crap that's on stations that I can't afford. :phu:

I'm having the worst luck with stream quality, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Werchter looked like an abstract painting about 90% of the time. :chuckle:

Personally, I'd be pretty disappointed if I finally got round to seeing a song that I'd wanted to see for years and Matt couldn't sing it properly 'cause he was out of breath/unfit, especially considering I may well never see that song again.

I guess I'm hoping I wouldn't notice as much if I was there in person; it's just so obvious to me when I'm fully concentrating on it. Obviously.

This album has quite a lot of tracks I would want to see live, honestly, and would otherwise shape up to be the tour where I'm not as disappointed to just get Drones tracks and hits.

There was another one, where you could clearly see what was written on the sign, but it appears it's either down now, or the person lost that YT account.

You can kind of see on this one, though, that the fans didn't even have the same pre-made signs. :chuckle:

I don't know if you just have poor reading comprehension, or retention, but I just said I'd been curious how it all came about, how he actually saw the faint sign, and why hand it to that particular person.

I do feel a bit bad if the person with the MC sign wasn't there the next night.

Poor attempt to cover up you saying I was full of shit and this didn't happen?.

Its actually a sensational sense of humour.

Not so much saying your full of shit, maybe giving matt more credit than hes due. Seems a veeeery roundabout way of playing a track live the next night.

Do we know as unarguable fact that Matt didnt receive that sign from aome other fan at the barrier?

In the first video, you clearly see Matt reach in and take the sign from a fan, then walk down and hand it to another, while pointing at it.

It did seem roundabout, and last minute, as there's no way he knew ahead someone would pencil in MC.

I guess id just been curious if it really was that spur of the moment (one day to prepare) since its a pretty rare track at the time.

And why he gave the sign to a different fan.

Because he couldn't walk back to the owners of the sign, or he would not be able to catch up to the coffin scene at the chorus. Why can this be mysterious ?

It was just something I had been curious about, is all

Why even take it in the first place?

Or if he needed a patsy to yell Micro Cits the next night to keep up the roulette illusion, why not the poor sap who actually requested it? :chuckle: I still hope that person was there the next night

And you know it was only stadium tour with the coffin act, right?

Although he'd probably have missed mugging for the pole camera at the end.

It was just something I had been curious about, is all

Why even take it in the first place?

Or if he needed a patsy to yell Micro Cits the next night to keep up the roulette illusion, why not the poor sap who actually requested it? :chuckle: I still hope that person was there the next night

And you know it was only stadium tour with the coffin act, right?

Although he'd probably have missed mugging for the pole camera at the end.

Ahh, I'm on confused on that. Anyway, Matt never walked back and always followed the flow during UD, therefore he just gave it to a random fan.

If this helps at all, I remember back when the Microcuts thing happened, people on the barrier had signs asking for Fury (if I recall correctly. I think after Dead Star in Toronto & NYC, they moved on to asking for a different song haha). I believe what happened was he saw the Fury requests, saw the MC sign, and then handed it to them like "look, guys, we'll play this one instead". I am friends with people who know the guy who got the MC sign, and from videos I've seen and what I've heard from them, it sounds like that's why he gave the sign to a different fan (not entirely "random" though)

I guess that does help. :chuckle: Must have been a real regular if Matt picked him out of all the many people holding signs up?

I still hope that poor bastard who made the sign got to see it!

But still... why give your friend a sign from a different fan on a different request? :chuckle:

I just remember watching it and thinking it was such a bizarre thing.

And that Matt points with his middle finger.

And did Matt really decide on Micro Cuts as he walked past the first fan...? Not used to Muse being impulsive. :LOL:

And did Matt really decide on Micro Cuts as he walked past the first fan...? Not used to Muse being impulsive. :LOL:

I don't think they can do that given all the automation of effects/amps etc. that's required.

I don't think they can do that given all the automation of effects/amps etc. that's required.

They must have a little wiggle room. They threw in Agitated at download even though it wasnt on the setlist. Depends when they decided to play i guess...

Well, they did play it the next day, the odds of Matt happening to find a fan that wrote Micro Cuts on their sign if he already planned to add it to the setlist would seem to be low.

It did kind of shit on the "can't play different songs becuz visuals and shit" excuse...

Fuck me, that sounds brutal, especially the bass during the 8-0-0-0 bits. The new GOB sounds sinister as fuck as well.

Why didn't they play it at Download :supersad: Then again, I imagine it'd be way better at an indoors venue, especially a small one like that.

Out of curiosity, has he ever done the lyrics to the GOB part?

Back when it was Debase he did, iirc.

Other than that, some people have said he's done it at the odd gig here and there, but no proof to my knowledge.

I'm not a fan of the overly bassy/compressed GOB part :(

I think it's 'cause Matt's guitar is -1 octave on the Whammy? That's what it sounds like to me. I love it anyway, makes it sound darker and a bit sleazier.