Basically you don't consider it a rarity because you've seen it before. If you actually listen to the other members of this board I think you'll find that they all try to have a more objective view of what a rarity is, meaning the number of times it's been played.

That was my original point! :p (which i prefaced with 'my 2 cents') that what you consider to be a rarity has a lot, i tihnk, to do with when you first started seeing muse. And if you use that logic, handler is far more a rarity than space dementia in terms of total times played, dont think that works though eh.

As are you. The number of insults and accusations that's been thrown around in the last couple of pages is quite something.

Is it?:stunned:

That was my original point! :p (which i prefaced with 'my 2 cents') that what you consider to be a rarity has a lot, i tihnk, to do with when you first started seeing muse. And if you use that logic, handler is far more a rarity than space dementia in terms of total times played, dont think that works though eh.
Yeah because it's totally impossible to consider the time since it's been released, that's toooottally unthinkable.

Not been played in 10 years ish, not a great example. Microcuts was played yesterday

But you just said it was purely subjective in the sense that YOU had seen it loads of times in the past. So basically if Showbiz was played tomorrow it wouldn't be a rarity?

And Dead Star was played quite a lot more than Micro Cuts lately. How does that line up with your newly edited logic?

Yeah because it's totally impossible to consider the time since it's been released, that's toooottally unthinkable.

But you just said it was purely subjective in the sense that YOU had seen it loads of times in the past. So basically if Showbiz was played tomorrow it wouldn't be a rarity?

And Dead Star was played quite a lot more than Micro Cuts lately. How does that line up with your newly edited logic?

dayum you're grumpy.

i've no idea if deadstar has been played loads recently, havent seen them live since 2011 and only got interested again when they signed up for download and released a new album. calm down yeh, im not attacking you or anyone else for that matter. as i said, i just gave an opinion, i never bombastically stated it as fact that everyone needs to agree with. thanks for all your lovely words though.

dayum you're grumpy.

i've no idea if deadstar has been played loads recently, havent seen them live since 2011 and only got interested again when they signed up for download and released a new album. calm down yeh, im not attacking you or anyone else for that matter. as i said, i just gave an opinion, i never bombastically stated it as fact that everyone needs to agree with. thanks for all your lovely words though.

But Jobby provided you with the statistics several pages ago?

But Jobby provided you with the statistics several pages ago?

what was it, 20 times in however many years or something? I cant quite remember, its hardly common. Tbh im losing concentration of my own points here >_<

Seriously though, let up, ive had lots of disagreements here, but ive not called anyone "full of shit and nonsense" as you kindly levelled at me. As i said, not seen muse since 2011, and tey played microcuts plenty of times which is why ita probably lodged in my brain as not unusual to hear/see

what was it, 20 times in however many years or something? I cant quite remember, its hardly common. Tbh im losing concentration of my own points here >_<
No it's not common, so it's a bit of a rarity.

And Micro Cuts is even less common, hence, even rarer.

Seriously though, let up, ive had lots of disagreements here, but ive not called anyone "full of shit and nonsense" as you kindly levelled at me. As i said, not seen muse since 2011, and tey played microcuts plenty of times which is why ita probably lodged in my brain as not unusual to hear/see

Nah, you've just called people fucking arrogant moaners who should leave because of their opinions.

No it's not common, so it's a bit of a rarity.

Nah, you've just called people fucking arrogant moaners who should leave because of their opinions.

That was one person for something entirely unrelated was it not? About people bitching that the setlists they get arent choc-a-bloc full of all the tracks the want to hear. Pretty sure my point was that other people want want to here pricisely what he/she was moaning about what they did see live, or something like that.

I really don't know why I'm getting sucked into this, but okay.

Uh, no. It was pointing out that people are paying substantial amounts of money (and, by extension, making substantial efforts), to see them, and the band should take that into account. Given that their major hits from over a decade ago are being played almost ubiquitously without rotation, I'm pretty sure they already do...

Hell, look at Download if you want explicit proof.

Uh, yes. They should. They're not jamming amongst themselves, they're professional entertainers whose job it is to entertain the people who go and see them.

No, you made that insinuation. Concocted it out of whatever bizarre, vaguely paranoid hidden agenda you feel the need to read into what I thought was a fairly basic point. And nor, as has been explained, were the people on the previous few pages "complaining" when they suggested that Micro Cuts should probably be dropped for the sake of Matt's voice.

Okay? I'm not aware that I had defined myself as "everyone", nor had I implied that people who wanted songs such as NSC played - which I hadn't even brought up - were somehow "lesser" and shouldn't be catered to.

But I don't think it's ludicrous to suggest that for the band to have no regard for the wishes of the people who are making sacrifices to see them would be a bit shit. Note that I didn't actually suggest that the band actually, y'know, does this.

So is repeatedly frothing over bewildering insinuations I didn't actually make. But you managed to make me spend five minutes defending what I assumed was immediately obvious, so well done on that.

#smacked

That was one person for something entirely unrelated was it not? About people bitching that the setlists they get arent choc-a-bloc full of all the tracks the want to hear. Pretty sure my point was that other people want want to here pricisely what he/she was moaning about what they did see live, or something like that.

As was my comment to you. I never specified which argument, but I'd say it applies to both.

And this isn't about what songs they wanna hear, this is about Muse knowing which songs are requested by the different groups of fans. Some want the hits, some want rock, some want rarities. Muse have even acknowledged that they know which songs the "hardcore" fans want to hear, and then played them at certain gigs, while avoiding them at others. They have specifically said stuff about playing rarities at the second night because that's the gig the hardcore fans have tickets to (wrongly assuming that the second night always go on sale first). So obviously they DO choose to play certain songs to please the fans, but then at other gigs (like in Sweden) they don't, and that's after having cancelled 3 Swedish gigs in a row. So obviously they don't give a fuck, and it has nothing to do with what songs I want to hear.

As was my comment to you. I never specified which argument, but I'd say it applies to both.

And this isn't about what songs they wanna hear, this is about Muse knowing which songs are requested by the different groups of fans. Some want the hits, some want rock, some want rarities. Muse have even acknowledged that they know which songs the "hardcore" fans want to hear, and then played them at certain gigs, while avoiding them at others. They have specifically said stuff about playing rarities at the second night because that's the gig the hardcore fans have tickets to (wrongly assuming that the second night always go on sale first). So obviously they DO choose to play certain songs to please the fans, but then at other gigs (like in Sweden) they don't, and that's after having cancelled 3 Swedish gigs in a row. So obviously they don't give a fuck, and it has nothing to do with what songs I want to hear.

Well no, i was never rude to anyone on the topic of the microcuts/rarity discussion so i dont think it does apply to both. Of maybe the 50 posts ive made over the last 5 pages, only a few are ill-tempered, and only one id qualify as rude. And even then it was because they were moaning, like many do, not because i didn't agree with what he was saying

If you were that sure that they do this on purpose to annoy people, then im not really sure what to say to that. I do remember matt saying something about true fans on the 2nd at wembley, but i find it very hard if not impossible to believe they do this to spite people who dont get tickets immedaitely.

EDIT- also what i was annoyed at was to do with the following. With all thise groups wanting different tracks you cant satisfy everyone, and invariably people moan that the tracka they requested and wanted to hear didnt get played. You cant please everyone, least of all the muse board.

Edited by aleximo

Well no, i was never rude to anyone on the topic of the microcuts/rarity discussion so i dont think it does apply to both. Of maybe the 50 posts ive made over the last 5 pages, only a few are ill-tempered, and only id qualify as rude. And even then it was because they were moaning, like many do, not because i didn't agree with what he was saying

If you were that sure that they do this on purpose to annoy people, then im not really sure what to say to that. I do remember matt saying something about true fans on the 2nd at wembley, but i find it very hard if not impossible to believe they do this to spite people who dont get tickets immedaitely.

What you don't realise is that what you call moaning is their opinion, and nothing else.

I never said that. I'm saying they know what songs people want to hear, and choose to only play them to certain people, which as a result obviously leaves everyone else disappointed, because Muse knew they wanted to hear those songs just as much.

EDIT- also what i was annoyed at was to do with the following. With all thise groups wanting different tracks you cant satisfy everyone, and invariably people moan that the tracka they requested and wanted to hear didnt get played. You cant please everyone, least of all the muse board.

Yes you can. You can easily mix loads of hits, rarities and heavy songs, which are the ONLY complaints Muse setlists have ever gotten. People in the perfect setlist all the time. At T2L tour Muse had a bunch of those setlists, and guess what? People were HAPPY.

Psycho

Dead Star

Supermassive Black Hole

The Handler

Dead Inside

Uno

Hysteria

Citizen Erased

Apocalypse Please

Starlight

Plug In Baby

Madness

Mercy

Time Is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome

Reapers

Uprising

Bliss

Knights of Cydonia

Well would you look at that, a setlist perfectly capable of pleasing pretty much everyone. The setlist complaints Muse have gotten so far have all been more than valid.

1. Giving some gigs significantly shorter sets.

2. Removing 4-5 rare/heavy songs and replacing them with one which is neither of those, as well as not a very big hit (Resistance).

3. Not a complaint but more a suggestion that Matt shouldn't play Micro Cuts when it wears his voice out like that.

What you don't realise is that what you call moaning is their opinion, and nothing else.

I never said that. I'm saying they know what songs people want to hear, and choose to only play them to certain people, which as a result obviously leaves everyone else disappointed, because Muse knew they wanted to hear those songs just as much.

I realise very well that it is their opinion. My point was that moaning on a public forum that you are nt satisified without regard to, lets say a large proportion, who wanted to hear the songs that you were dissatisfied with is thoughtless.

Yes you can. You can easily mix loads of hits, rarities and heavy songs, which are the ONLY complaints Muse setlists have ever gotten. People in the perfect setlist all the time. At T2L tour Muse had a bunch of those setlists, and guess what? People were HAPPY.

Psycho

Dead Star

Supermassive Black Hole

The Handler

Dead Inside

Uno

Hysteria

Citizen Erased

Apocalypse Please

Starlight

Plug In Baby

Madness

Mercy

Time Is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome

Reapers

Uprising

Bliss

Knights of Cydonia

Well would you look at that, a setlist perfectly capable of pleasing pretty much everyone. The setlist complaints Muse have gotten so far have all been more than valid.

1. Giving some gigs significantly shorter sets.

2. Removing 4-5 rare/heavy songs and replacing them with one which is neither of those, as well as not a very big hit (Resistance).

3. Not a complaint but more a suggestion that Matt shouldn't play Micro Cuts when it wears his voice out like that.

And conversely, all the people moaning that they played mercy instead of assassin at download. And there was a lot of them.

I realise very well that it is their opinion. My point was that moaning on a public forum that you are nt satisified without regard to, lets say a large proportion, who wanted to hear the songs that you were dissatisfied with is thoughtless.
So basically you think it's okay to be rude to someone because of their opinion if you disagree with it.

Tell me again how people are attacking you for your opinion?

And conversely, all the people moaning that they played mercy instead of assassin at download. And there was a lot of them.
Yes, because Download was supposed to be a one-off, heavy rock fest. Quite literally an exception.

So basically you think it's okay to be rude to someone because of their opinion if you disagree with it.

Tell me again how people are attacking you for your opinion?

Again, my point wasnt that i disagree with their opinion, it was that that kind of comment is thoughtless of what other people want. If it was a "IMO id prefer more heavy stuff" thatd be fine, but the original comment was a sarcastic comment about "im paying money so i want to hear what i want to hear"

Again, my point wasnt that i disagree with their opinion, it was that that kind of comment is thoughtless of what other people want. If it was a "IMO id prefer more heavy stuff" thatd be fine, but the original comment was a sarcastic comment about "im paying money so i want to hear what i want to hear"
"I'm paying money so I have a right to complain about what Muse are selling to me, even if they don't listen"*

You have every right to think it is, but if you're gonna tell those people to stop moaning or just leave, then you're gonna have to expect backlash, and be able to take it as well.

I did, it came, its been resolved (it was a while ago until you brought it up again :p)

Anything else to argue about, im running out of ideas

So in other news, anyone else not really liking this thing that seems to be happening where tv-broadcasts are replaced by streams? I mean I do appreciate them, but not at the cost of good quality, uninterrupted proshots.