"The Micro Cuts Conspiracy"

Is actually a pretty good name for a book.

They should play whatever they want, fuck everybody else, if they want "Micro Cuts/Guiding Light/Killing in the Name/Starlight" then is fine, they are the musicians.

Its totally the kind shit that Matt would read and then write a concept album about, isn't it...

And I would fucking rage at that concert :L:L:L what depth of variety, what versatility!

"The Micro Cuts Conspiracy"

Is actually a pretty good name for a book.

They should play whatever they want, fuck everybody else, if they want "Micro Cuts/Guiding Light/Killing in the Name/Starlight" then is fine, they are the musicians.

Yeah, not like people are paying money to see them or anything...

Yeah, not like people are paying money to see them or anything...

Do you take the attitude that because you are paying then they should play whatever you want? What about those poor fuckers who want to hear the resistence, guiding light and neutron star bullshit? What about what they want to see? Your opinion is as irrelevant as anybody elses. Muse decide what to play, moan and bitch all the you want, nothing is going to change. To that end, go and moan somewhere less public. Its tiresome.

This isn't the right angle, but at about 2:21 you see Matt take a sign from one fan, walk down, and give it to another.

There used to be a vid taken from over that second fan's shoulder, and the sign had Micro Cuts written on it in pen.

that one?

Do you take the attitude that because you are paying then they should play whatever you want? What about those poor fuckers who want to hear the resistence, guiding light and neutron star bullshit? What about what they want to see? Your opinion is as irrelevant as anybody elses. Muse decide what to play, moan and bitch all the you want, nothing is going to change. To that end, go and moan somewhere less public. Its tiresome.

:LOL:

World-class overreaction.

I wasn't aware that I was that much of a "moaner" tbh (and I don't actually see how that post is in anyway "moaning"). Learn something new every day.

your comment in response to "muse should play whatever they fucking want to" by saying "It's not as if people are paying to see them or anything..." was moaning! maybe english isnt your first language, but sarcastically implying that muse should change what they play to suit what people want to hear, insinuating you arent satisfied that they dont change their setlists enough is moaning. at the end of the day. you may want somethings played, some others will certainly want crap like neutron star collision played, but arrogantly moaning that the songs that you want to hear don't get played enough is, and i repeat, tiresome!

I really don't know why I'm getting sucked into this, but okay.

your comment in response to "muse should play whatever they fucking want to" by saying "It's not as if people are paying to see them or anything..." was moaning!

Uh, no. It was pointing out that people are paying substantial amounts of money (and, by extension, making substantial efforts), to see them, and the band should take that into account. Given that their major hits from over a decade ago are being played almost ubiquitously without rotation, I'm pretty sure they already do...

Hell, look at Download if you want explicit proof.

maybe english isnt your first language,

but sarcastically implying that muse should change what they play to suit what people want to hear,

Uh, yes. They should. They're not jamming amongst themselves, they're professional entertainers whose job it is to entertain the people who go and see them.

insinuating you arent satisfied that they dont change their setlists enough is moaning.

No, you made that insinuation. Concocted it out of whatever bizarre, vaguely paranoid hidden agenda you feel the need to read into what I thought was a fairly basic point. And nor, as has been explained, were the people on the previous few pages "complaining" when they suggested that Micro Cuts should probably be dropped for the sake of Matt's voice.

at the end of the day. you may want somethings played, some others will certainly want crap like neutron star collision played,

Okay? I'm not aware that I had defined myself as "everyone", nor had I implied that people who wanted songs such as NSC played - which I hadn't even brought up - were somehow "lesser" and shouldn't be catered to.

But I don't think it's ludicrous to suggest that for the band to have no regard for the wishes of the people who are making sacrifices to see them would be a bit shit. Note that I didn't actually suggest that the band actually, y'know, does this.

but arrogantly moaning that the songs that you want to hear don't get played enough is, and i repeat, tiresome!

So is repeatedly frothing over bewildering insinuations I didn't actually make. But you managed to make me spend five minutes defending what I assumed was immediately obvious, so well done on that.

Edited by spark_

I've seen microcuts 4 times and never seen deadstar. I'd be delighted to see deadstar now rather than microcuts, despite it not being "as rare currently" because to me deadstar is a rarity and microcuts, not so much... thats the logic with which im thinking.

Where are you checking this shit? :L

Both are rarities. Micro Cuts might have been a staple when you saw it 10 years ago or whenever, but it's staple-status has long since gone. Therefore, Micro Cuts is currently a rarity.

Not considering Micro Cuts to be a rarity because it was a staple when it was released must be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard on this forum.

Sent fra min HTC One via Tapatalk

You clearly don't spend a lot of time on this forum then, do you.

EDIT: And I dont consider it rare because I've seen it a bunch of times, maybe I'm just a lucky bastard.

Edited by aleximo

I really don't know why I'm getting sucked into this, but okay.

Uh, no. It was pointing out that people are paying substantial amounts of money (and, by extension, making substantial efforts), to see them, and the band should take that into account. Given that their major hits from over a decade ago are being played almost ubiquitously without rotation, I'm pretty sure they already do...

Hell, look at Download if you want explicit proof.

Uh, yes. They should. They're not jamming amongst themselves, they're professional entertainers whose job it is to entertain the people who go and see them.

No, you made that insinuation. Concocted it out of whatever bizarre, vaguely paranoid hidden agenda you feel the need to read into what I thought was a fairly basic point. And nor, as has been explained, were the people on the previous few pages "complaining" when they suggested that Micro Cuts should probably be dropped for the sake of Matt's voice.

Okay? I'm not aware that I had defined myself as "everyone", nor had I implied that people who wanted songs such as NSC played - which I hadn't even brought up - were somehow "lesser" and shouldn't be catered to.

But I don't think it's ludicrous to suggest that for the band to have no regard for the wishes of the people who are making sacrifices to see them would be a bit shit. Note that I didn't actually suggest that the band actually, y'know, does this.

So is repeatedly frothing over bewildering insinuations I didn't actually make. But you managed to make me spend five minutes defending what I assumed was immediately obvious, so well done on that.

OK

Micro Cuts is a rarity. End of. Maybe in the past it wasn't, maybe in the future it won't be, but now it is. Not that hard to grasp.

Perhaps I need a new definition to explain what I mean. If i were to see muse tomorrow and they played microcuts i would go "woo" and enjoy it. And that would be it, because I've seen it many times before, its not that novel for me. If they were to play spiral static, or futurism, or seomthing like that, then yeh i would be very excited about it, because I've never seen them live. Thats what I mean when I say i don't really consider microcuts a rarity, the novel enthusiasm of it has warn off for me now, despite it still being one of my all time favourite tracks by muse. But anyway, thank you for your grand and all-encompassing words on the matter.

You said that it wasn't a rarity, which I disagreed with. I never said you couldn't enjoy it less than you would other tracks because you've seen it more times.

I didn't say that either... Nice to know we both agree on it though. I said that the hysteria-inducing notion that microcuts is like some ephemeral musey myth is not something I agree with because I've experienced it numerous times, Anway, it does come up farily regularly, as regular as most other rotated tracks anyway. Far more fucking often than any of the other 'rare' tracks from that era; darkshines, megalomania, showbiz, futurism, screenager. Now, theyre are goddamn rarities

Firstly, there IS a good proshot of The Handler from Wercther. Its a brilliant performance. I really don't feel like repeating myself so please look above to my comment on it. I'll add though that just becuase he may be a little of the notes, that certainly does not mean hes not performing well. For the same reason the legions of chinese pianists that can literally play anything but are entirely ignored on the world stage compared to the elder statesmen russians that cant hit all the right notes, but my GOD they feel the music, hitting the right notes does NOT make a good perfomance, and likewise not hitting them does NOT make a bad performance.

Secondly, about his inconsistency, over the last 15 years of top quality muse concerts, you can count on one hand the number of times they were less than fantastic. And if you don't agree, well then I'd kindly ask you to re-read the above, and my other comment above too.

//rant

Basically "If you don't agree with my opinion, read it again until you realise I'm right"

It's not "incorrect", I just think that you are placing too much emphasis on hitting the notes. If you were to choose between matt singing live (badly lets say) and a midi file that hits the notes spot on, which is more moving, more emotive, more powerful, "better"? Music isn't about hitting notes in sequence, its about expression. The notes are there only to serve the music, If some of the notes are less than perfect, it doesn't affect the emotional output whatsoever, at least for me, hence my analogy of the russian pianist Horowitz. Of course if he's hitting kanye west-levels of shittyness then yeh, it will affect it.
Exactly, for YOU.

Muse have absolutely fuck-all say in how much their ticket prices are, I can guarantee you that.
You can? You sure about that?

Perhaps I need a new definition to explain what I mean. If i were to see muse tomorrow and they played microcuts i would go "woo" and enjoy it. And that would be it, because I've seen it many times before, its not that novel for me. If they were to play spiral static, or futurism, or seomthing like that, then yeh i would be very excited about it, because I've never seen them live. Thats what I mean when I say i don't really consider microcuts a rarity, the novel enthusiasm of it has warn off for me now, despite it still being one of my all time favourite tracks by muse. But anyway, thank you for your grand and all-encompassing words on the matter.
Basically you don't consider it a rarity because you've seen it before. If you actually listen to the other members of this board I think you'll find that they all try to have a more objective view of what a rarity is, meaning the number of times it's been played.

You're friendly
As are you. The number of insults and accusations that's been thrown around in the last couple of pages is quite something.

Micro Cuts is a goddamn rarity.

The beauty of the modern age is that you don't have to fucking agree with me. This isn't a discussion of facts, but opinions, is it not!? I've not once said MICROCUTS IS A RARITY END OF have I, I have prefaced everything with 'i think' or 'its not something i agree with'... calm yo booty