I'm still convinced we're not going to get any rarities outside of these two gigs, and guess I was just convinced this was all indicative of going a little more mainstream in the US even in just these two gigs.

I stood in that AXS ticketing waiting room holding my ankles twice, and I'm still pretty pissed off in general.

I'm hoping that Muse bring out some of the older, heavier stuff as part of the general setlist. So with a bit of luck, US gigs could turn out pretty decent. Nothing yet to indicate that though.

I guess, honest question here: when Muse plays rarer or older songs in other countries, does Matt preface them with things like "no one will know this one" "who's heard of the album Showbiz?" etc?

I've only seen them three times, and at each gig, Matt has said something to that effect.

Once, a rare/old song wasn't even played after - he was just saying they'd played the venue in '99, and "none of us were there."

Fair enough, but what's the point? We're here now, and many of us have even listened to the albums! :awesome:

It really started to bother me, and of course I associate seeing him say stuff like that, say, before playing something like Dead Star in the US once (twice? I don't remember...) but then it becoming a staple on the stadium tours.

I was in a bit of a better mindset about it before these two small gigs (and one being a bit of a farce, at that) and seeing the possibility of that 360 stage of course makes me envision the "can't rotate songs becauz stage/visuals" excuse all over again.

the possibility of that 360 stage of course makes me envision the "can't rotate songs becauz stage/visuals" excuse all over again.

That is one thing I will call bullshit on when it comes to Muse, some of the visual plans for songs are literally just camera filters, which means rotation is entirely possible.

Never mind different poster fuck sake. I really need to check before posting :LOL:

Edit: I was replying to ManiaMuse on my other post

My mistake, Montreux was the early version with the weird "I'm breaking your moves" lyric.

Although still sounded awesome, can't believe they ditched TSP after only one tour (although can see why if they thought it sounded too generic punk/rock).

Edited by ManiaMuse

I don't know if all this was posted.

- Dom said Drones (album) sounds more like Psycho than Dead Inside.

- Dom's favorite track from Drones is The Handler cause it sounds like the Showbiz/OOS era.

- European Arena Tour between February and April 2016 (London, Spain, Paris, Milan...).

Edited by Chevi Broker

- Dom's favorite track from Drones is The Handler cause it sounds like the Showbiz/OOS era.

- European Arena Tour between February and April 2016 (London, Spain, Paris, Milan...).

Also that Matt said Showbiz will be played once or twice at least. And Citizen Erased will be played at Download.

Nobody said anything about those arenas. Tom said US tour dates in February 2016.

The whole article here http://muse-france.com/ says:

"► La tournée Européenne des salles se déroulera entre Février et Avril 2016

Le groupe passera notamment par Bercy, L’02 Arena de Londres et Milan.

Nous avons demandé si le titre Showbiz serai joué, Matt a répondu en rigolant « Yes, maybe for Bercy and London »

► Dom donne son avis sur « Drones ».

Sa chanson préférée sur l’album est The Handler qui ressemble à du son bien heavy à la Showbiz / Origin Of Symmetry

Il adore également The Globalist pour le son et la structure

L’album est très rock et n’a rien à voir avec Dead Inside qui est clairement pop.

► Citizen Erased pour le Download ?

Matt et Dom ont plus ou moins confirmé le fait de jouer Citizen Erased au Download."

Which means :

► There will be a European Arena Tour between February and April 2016. They will notably play in Paris, London and Milan. The guy asked Matt whether they will play Showbiz, to which he laughed and answered « Yes, maybe for Bercy and London ».

► Dom's favourite new track is The Handler because it sounds heavy just like Showbiz/Origin of Symmetry.

He also loves The Globalist for its sound and structure.

The album will be "rock" and Dead Inside is an exception.

► Matt and Dom more or less confirmed Citizen Erased for Download Festival. (?)

Edit: Is it really the appropriate thread to discuss gigs to come? It seems misleading to me.

Edited by Zepp

The whole article here http://muse-france.com/ says:

"► La tournée Européenne des salles se déroulera entre Février et Avril 2016

Le groupe passera notamment par Bercy, L’02 Arena de Londres et Milan.

Nous avons demandé si le titre Showbiz serai joué, Matt a répondu en rigolant « Yes, maybe for Bercy and London »

► Dom donne son avis sur « Drones ».

Sa chanson préférée sur l’album est The Handler qui ressemble à du son bien heavy à la Showbiz / Origin Of Symmetry

Il adore également The Globalist pour le son et la structure

L’album est très rock et n’a rien à voir avec Dead Inside qui est clairement pop.

► Citizen Erased pour le Download ?

Matt et Dom ont plus ou moins confirmé le fait de jouer Citizen Erased au Download."

Which means :

► There will be a European Arena Tour between February and April 2016. They will notably play in Paris, London and Milan. The guy asked Matt whether they will play Showbiz, to which he laughed and aswered « Yes, maybe for Bercy and London ».

► Dom's favourite new track is The Handler because it sounds heavy just like Showbiz/Origin of Symmetry.

He also loves The Globalist for its sound and structure.

The album will be "rock" and Dead Inside is an exception.

► Matt and Dom more or less confirmed Citizen Erased for Download Festival. (?)

Edit: Is it really the appropriate thread to discuss gigs to come? It seems misleading to me.

Seems more of a mistranslation of stadium, doesn't make sense of waiting 8 months after the album has released in early June. Like haven't since Absolution they went touring shortly after the album? But I can see them doing a touring Europe + maybe squeeze in North America in this year and then doing the Stadium tour afterwards in 2016.

Yeah, just because they aren't starting in Europe doesn't mean they won't be touring... And hopefully they take some time off for the holidays, because seeing concerts during those months sucks on a lot of levels.

And yes... should we at least change the name of the thread? I really never look at this one, because the title clearly indicates it's for an old UK tour that I didn't attend...