I'd be very happy to hear The Small Print live. I think that's the most likely one to be brought back.

Don't know why this has never been brought back since it was dropped for the BHaR tour. Some of the videos of it from 2002-2004 are epic, especially with Chris singing parts of the chorus (Montreux/Pinkpop/Rock Am Ring/Earl's Court).

Definitely would suit their heavy direction and wouldn't take much re-learning. It's fairly simple and just guitar/bass/drums/vocals/nothing else.

Blackout with guitar, and Fury will be great

Blackout was a bit shit though when they had Chris playing the guitar solo and no Manson fuzz-factory siren wailing.

Edited by ManiaMuse

Don't know why this has never been brought back since it was dropped for the BHaR tour. Some of the videos of it from 2002-2004 are epic, especially with Chris singing parts of the chorus (Montreux/Pinkpop/Rock Am Ring/Earl's Court).

Definitely would suit their heavy direction and wouldn't take much re-learning. It's fairly simple and just guitar/bass/drums/vocals/nothing else.

Blackout was a bit shit though when they had Chris playing the guitar solo and no Manson fuzz-factory siren wailing.

Isn't Montreux one of the few examples of when Chris DIDN'T sing the chorus?

And that's why he said with guitar. (Meaning with MATT playing)

Remarkable we have came to a stage where we're being picky about what rarities we get. Who'da thunk it

tbf, there IS a bit of difference, if the US rarities are limited to AP and TSP.

It can kind of feel like "well, Abso was fairly popular in the US... but no one there's going to enjoy anything earlier, or B-Sides!" Which is basically how we feel all the time, anyways.

Yes, sure, they played Sunburn when I saw them at the T2L tour... and Matt was snarky with us before he played it.

tbf, there IS a bit of difference, if the US rarities are limited to AP and TSP.

It can kind of feel like "well, Abso was fairly popular in the US... but no one there's going to enjoy anything earlier, or B-Sides!" Which is basically how we feel all the time, anyways.

Yes, sure, they played Sunburn when I saw them at the T2L tour... and Matt was snarky with us before he played it.

I highly doubt AP and TSP will be the only rarities they play. I wouldn't be surprised to see stuff like Dead Star, Fury and Hyper Music get played as well. Not that an intimate gig in the US with AP and TSP would be something to shake a stick at in the first place. Plus, there was a bit of an Abso focus throughout the UK tour as well so it's not exactly a US-exclusive thing.

As a side note, I've got a feeling TSP will be slowed down slightly *pointless little nugget of info*

Yeah, what a real shame that you guys would get AP and TSP after years of worthless setlists. This is definitely the time to get greedy and picky about what you get.

I'm more pissed that, despite the fact that the mix of "hardcore" vs "normal" fans at these small gigs being pretty much the same scale as the normal tours, we're having these conversations at all.

ie: your only chance of getting to see any caliber of really rare song came down to being able to somehow snag tickets to a gig in what I estimate must have been about 36 seconds.

Why will they never play "Falling Away with You"? Puppies are sad because of this.

They'd always said they couldn't make it "work" live, and it didn't sound good.

I really like the song, but I can see it being a bit boring live, I guess.

I also just don't see TSP in the same caliber as the stuff played at the Psycho tour, or the Zepp, but maybe that's just personal hang up. I see it as a pretty "safe" choice.

Exactly. I bought tickets/hotel rooms/flights thinking these gigs would be the chance to hear songs that haven't been played in the US ever, or at least extremely rarely. TSP was a staple and Apocalypse Please had been a staple and then went on regular rotation for the BHaR tour.

Some Showbiz/OoS b-sides and rarities would really be appreciated since the hardcore US fans are always begging for them but never get them because they're way too obscure.

Psycho UK tour got picky with six dates so I'm hoping that these two dates are more along the lines of Newport and less like Brighton. Just pack them with rarities or do the best of the best sets.

I remember when this board complained about the lack of rarities.

Now when they do a tour where the majority of the setlists were half made up of rarities, people complain.

How the hell did this fanbase win an award.

I'm still convinced we're not going to get any rarities outside of these two gigs, and guess I was just convinced this was all indicative of going a little more mainstream in the US even in just these two gigs.

I stood in that AXS ticketing waiting room holding my ankles twice, and I'm still pretty pissed off in general.