Glad we have FabriPav here to be the most fucking annoying member of the board

It's ok, he did the same to me when I dared to say people singing riffs bothered me. If you have an opinion on here, he likes to stamp his arrogant 'comedy' all over it. Nothing changes after all these years

Maybe it's just because I go to a lot of classical music concerts that singing along to something that is instrumental just seems really weird and out of place to me. I'm sorry if I offended anyone who is a big fan of singing along to the guitar parts in muse songs. It just grates on my nerves when I hear it and even if I find it super silly, I shouldn't judge people who enjoy it.

Riff sing alongs just seem super cheesy and weird to me in general. I mean if it's a song like KOC I guess that's okay but The Groove is just NOT a very singable riff. It seems like it was an awesome performance of the song from the band though and it must have been awesome to been there at the concert!

Also, maybe this is an unpopular opinion but whenever I see videos of fans trying to sing along to Micro Cuts during the concert I really wish I could just tell them to shut up and let Matt sing it a billion times better than you can.

These things are all parts of (and the beauty of in my opinion) attending live shows. If you want an uninterrupted musical experience you might as well listen to the recordings. The moment the crowd started singing Psycho's riff felt absolutely brilliant. Both Matt and Chris looked extremely pleased with the crowd during The Groove. And for many people a muse gig is the only place they can (try to) sing MicroCuts so loudly without getting the looks.

Also please don't tell me one person (i.e you) is by any means eligible to determine "singablity" of a riff for the rest of the crowd.

So, next time you go to a gig, get off your high horse and park your ego outside the venue. I guarantee you'll enjoy it more.

Riff sing alongs just seem super cheesy and weird to me in general. I mean if it's a song like KOC I guess that's okay but The Groove is just NOT a very singable riff. It seems like it was an awesome performance of the song from the band though and it must have been awesome to been there at the concert!

Also, maybe this is an unpopular opinion but whenever I see videos of fans trying to sing along to Micro Cuts during the concert I really wish I could just tell them to shut up and let Matt sing it a billion times better than you can.

Z7HeRxU.png

These things are all parts of (and the beauty of in my opinion) attending live shows. If you want an uninterrupted musical experience you might as well listen to the recordings. The moment the crowd started singing Psycho's riff felt absolutely brilliant. Both Matt and Chris looked extremely pleased with the crowd during The Groove. And for many people a muse gig is the only place they can (try to) sing MicroCuts so loudly without getting the looks.

Also please don't tell me one person (i.e you) is by any means eligible to determine "singablity" of a riff for the rest of the crowd.

So, next time you go to a gig. get off your high horse. I guarantee you'll enjoy it more.

See I have a problem with this too.

Just because we want to hear the LIVE music and not people drowning out the instuments with lairy chanting means we should only listen to recordings?

I go to gigs to watch and hear a performance. Songs usually always sound better live, especially when Muse do them! I think riff sing-alongs are cheesy and they grate on me, but I wouldn't tell people to stop doing them like you're telling people to get off their high horse!

Maybe it's just because I go to a lot of classical music concerts that singing along to something that is instrumental just seems really weird and out of place to me. I'm sorry if I offended anyone who is a big fan of singing along to the guitar parts in muse songs. It just grates on my nerves when I hear it and even if I find it super silly, I shouldn't judge people who enjoy it.

singing along at classical concerts IS generally frowned upon :LOL:

It's ok, he did the same to me when I dared to say people singing riffs bothered me. If you have an opinion on here, he likes to stamp his arrogant 'comedy' all over it. Nothing changes after all these years

I merely contested the argument that said "The Groove is just NOT a very singable riff", since it's objectively quite singable, as you can see from the videos from last night since people actually sang along to it quite loudly. :)

Just because we want to hear the LIVE music and not people drowning out the instuments with lairy chanting means we should only listen to recordings?

I go to gigs to watch and hear a performance. Songs usually always sound better live, especially when Muse do them! I think riff sing-alongs are cheesy and they grate on me, but I wouldn't tell people to stop doing them like you're telling people to get off their high horse!

"Buhu why are people telling me to get off my high horse I'm only making fun of them for how they enjoy a gig!"

Thank you! I totally agree with all of this. I mean it's awesome when people have fun and get really into a gig with singing, chanting, dancing, etc. but in my opinion at some point it just become excessive and gets in the way of other people enjoying the music as much. I've been to concerts before where I'm standing next to a guy who is singing so loudly that I hear him singing over the actual singer the entire concert

Where did I make fun of them? Enlighten me?

I said it grated on me personally. People can sing to whatever they want

But singing the riffs is moronic in my eyes

You guys probably enjoy guff tunes like "Chelsea Dagger" too.

Duh duh duh, duh duh duh

I'm there to hear the band not your stupid humming!

I think "get off your high horse" is quite fitting actually. You're ridiculing other people's decisions, they react. Deal with it.

I merely contested the argument that said "The Groove is just NOT a very singable riff", since it's objectively quite singable, as you can see from the videos from last night since people actually sang along to it quite loudly. :)

I agree with you. It is a tune. And fans love the song so letting the band hear the audience express pleasure while getting a live performance of it was great.

Do people sing the riff well? Naht so much. :twitchy:

:LOL: But that's hardly worth arguing over.

I think "get off your high horse" is quite fitting actually. You're ridiculing other people's decisions, they react. Deal with it.

Yeah admittedly I was on my period that day....

I enjoyed you finding those quotes from over a week ago though!

How about you enjoy your gigs your way, and I'll enjoy my gigs my way?

I went to Manchester last night and loved it. Stood by the sound desk so I was far away enough to let people sing along to the riffs and still be able to hear the music. Works for me

I agree with you. It is a tune. And fans love the song so letting the band hear the audience express pleasure while getting a live performance of it was great.

Do people sing the riff well? Naht so much. :twitchy:

:LOL: But that's hardly worth arguing over.

I actually think it's great that fans immediately sang along to a riff that hadn't been played in 7 years.

This is always worth reposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQATsvlWwDY

Yeah admittedly I was on my period that day....

I enjoyed you finding those quotes from over a week ago though!

How about you enjoy your gigs your way, and I'll enjoy my gigs my way?

I went to Manchester last night and loved it. Stood by the sound desk so I was far away enough to let people sing along to the riffs and still be able to hear the music. Works for me

(You haven't made that many posts so it was easy to find)

We have a deal.

I actually think it's great that fans immediately sang along to a riff that hadn't been played in 7 years.

This is always worth reposting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQATsvlWwDY

I would have been really frustrated being at the gig last night because I would know that would probably be my only time in my life ever seeing Muse play the Groove and it would have annoyed me that people in the audience sang so loudly over such a rarity instead of just taking it in by listening. I agree, that Uprising sing-along does seem really awesome and fun! :) But they play that song hundreds of times and IN MY OPINION it lends itself a lot better to a sing-along than The Groove does.

I would have been really frustrated being at the gig last night because I would know that would probably be my only time in my life ever seeing Muse play the Groove and it would have annoyed me that people in the audience sang so loudly over such a rarity instead of just taking it in by listening. I agree, that Uprising sing-along does seem really awesome and fun! :) But they play that song hundreds of times and IN MY OPINION it lends itself a lot better to a sing-along than The Groove does.

Trust me, you can hear the band over the audience at most gigs. Showing appreciation for songs like The Groove is NEEDED, and it's the reason we might hear songs like it again.

We 'took it in'/celebrated a rarity being played by having as much fun as possible with it, knowing that it might not get played again. Sort of like a 'enjoy it while you can' kind of thing. If I want to just listen to it, I'll play the studio version or watch a live video.

Edited by Jobby