Yeah, fuck that crowd. How dare they get into a song that hasn't been played in full since 2004.

Riff sing alongs just seem super cheesy and weird to me in general. I mean if it's a song like KOC I guess that's okay but The Groove is just NOT a very singable riff. It seems like it was an awesome performance of the song from the band though and it must have been awesome to been there at the concert!

Also, maybe this is an unpopular opinion but whenever I see videos of fans trying to sing along to Micro Cuts during the concert I really wish I could just tell them to shut up and let Matt sing it a billion times better than you can.

Riff sing alongs just seem super cheesy and weird to me in general. I mean if it's a song like KOC I guess that's okay but The Groove is just NOT a very singable riff.

Well obviously it was singable enough. But hey, maybe next time you'll get lucky and be in a dead crowd if they play The Groove at your gig.

Have just posted on Manchester thread but thought would put here too...

Absolutely epic gig. Worth 8 hours in the queue :D Wanted that safety of the barrier. Ears are still ringing though!

Here's my vids (short, too busy enjoying to film whole songs) and pics

The Groove - got a fair bit of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpdeV1DA1GY&feature=youtu.be

Dead Star

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5-_CfxKU8&feature=youtu.be

I really liked Matt playing chords instead of the main riff during the verses in The Groove. Gave the song a bit of a different dynamic. The riff was definitely singable btw, that's why people did it (that, and I think people were just so happy to be seeing it live).

Also, Reapers is great live. Like people have said before, it's heavier in person and the outro is one of the beefiest things I've seen them do live. I just wish we knew the lyrics for definite so people could sing-along better, I heard quite a few people trying but singing completely different words :chuckle:

I really liked Matt playing chords instead of the main riff during the verses in The Groove. Gave the song a bit of a different dynamic. The riff was definitely singable btw, that's why people did it (that, and I think people were just so happy to be seeing it live).

Also, Reapers is great live. Like people have said before, it's heavier in person and the outro is one of the beefiest things I've seen them do live. I just wish we knew the lyrics for definite so people could sing-along better, I heard quite a few people trying but singing completely different words :chuckle:

People shouting Drones was pretty cool though! I wasn't sold on Reapers, I still feel like I need to get to know it a bit better but the song doesn't really make me feel anything in particular. I want to hear the studio version asap.

Edit: And the stuff about The Groove's riff not being singable is a load of old nonsense.