Why?

If he said "Sorry I didn't get the memo" sounds like they haven't even practiced it. Maybe he is listening though and could get played album tour. If it gets played tomorrow I'll be v v surprised.

If he said "Sorry I didn't get the memo" sounds like they haven't even practiced it. Maybe he is listening though and could get played album tour. If it gets played tomorrow I'll be v v surprised.

I wouldn't put much thought into what he said. They've probably rehearsed it (Dom said something along the lines of "I'd love to play it tonight" before the gig).

Also matt said that "lots of stuff will stay" from these sets in the main tour

:awesome:

"Lots of stuff" - meaning Uprising, Starlight, Psycho, Reapers, TiRO, PiB...? :LOL:

I kid. Sort of.

:LOL:

While they're playing all these Absolution era songs I'd love to hear Sing For Absolution, one of my favourites

Well if Matt's aim with this album was to go back to his roots, then it would make sense for the older and heavier songs to stick around, no?

Plus, I wonder if Muse are finding that playing these types of sets is much more fun for them as well.

If he said "Sorry I didn't get the memo" sounds like they haven't even practiced it.

I'd say this points more to him acknowledging that everyone else but him seems to be on the same page about that. Dom and Chris have both told fans that they want to play it, so there probably have been discussions about it.

I think if anything that quote means it's more likely they'll play that than something else, as Matt might just give in to all the peer pressure.

Still probably a slim chance, but a chance!

I'd say this points more to him acknowledging that everyone else but him seems to be on the same page about that. Dom and Chris have both told fans that they want to play it, so there probably have been discussions about it.

I think if anything that quote means it's more likely they'll play that than something else, as Matt might just give in to all the peer pressure.

Still probably a slim chance, but a chance!

I think Matt might struggle with the falsetto at the end in showbiz so that's why he might be a bit hesitant

He was doing the falsetto alright during the BH&R tour, his voice has only gotten better since then, plus if it was performed half a step lower he shouldn't have a problem with it.

And a hint on more dates ...

Can we get a follow-up on this? What exactly did he say?

I think Matt might struggle with the falsetto at the end in showbiz so that's why he might be a bit hesitant
He could lower the key, or just sing an F#5 as the final note instead.

obviously Matt could still be hesitant due to the difficulty of the song.

Also matt said that "lots of stuff will stay" from these sets in the main tour

Futurism would be a nice one to have every two or three gigs.

Brilliant gig last night, they're on such great form at the moment.

Matt was doing his usual 'what year is this from?' before going into The Groove last night. It was a little hard to hear but I remember him saying something along the lines of "this was always one of my favourites".