As much as they've been pretty bad for following up on requests/'promises' on this tour so far, the fact that they've soundchecked it a couple of times makes me pretty confident that it'll happen.

Edging towards going tbh, could be a nice leel excursion.

Tbf I went to Belfast last summer and its a very nice town to spend time, hence a passing interest in going there to see Biffy Clyro and Foals at Belsonic. But I'm sure if Assassin surfaces there that it'll make at least one of the London residency.

If anyone connected with Muse is reading this, then preferably April 12th. ;)

They move cause they been told to do so as is a 360 stage i suppose. I don't recall Matt headbanging at all this tour, and Dom haven't smiled in the whole tour, he looks so bored.

Pretty sure there's a few examples of both at various gigs. Certainly Arras at least. But meh.

Off-topic, I thought threads had to be 10,000 posts then closed?

Pretty sure there's a few examples of both at various gigs. Certainly Arras at least. But meh.

I meant in the 360 tour, the festivals looked fine, but you know he used to headbang for the Supremacy intro and lots of times during SS last tour, i miss that tbh :LOL:

Some of the Brussels shows were pretty energetic though, with Matt laying down on the floor for the Hysteria solo and all... certainly much more dynamic than they were in the US.

Keep in mind it's inconsistent. DC didn't have as much of a problem, for example, while I don't think Philly had one good moment as far as energy went.

There was that one funny moment in Philly where Dom tried throwing his stick to pop a hullabaloon and it bounced off and hit Chris's bass, causing Chris to do a 'WTF was that' face and jokingly call Dom a twat lol, although i guess i wouldn't really call that energy..maybe band comradery?

There was that one funny moment in Philly where Dom tried throwing his stick to pop a hullabaloon and it bounced off and hit Chris's bass, causing Chris to do a 'WTF was that' face and jokingly call Dom a twat lol, although i guess i wouldn't really call that energy..maybe band comradery?

If I'm not mixing up the two gigs, Dom and Chris seemed to be enjoying the Jam together quite a bit.

Neither of them really have ever been terribly energetic, and I didn't think it was that different. Dom's looked bored for a decade. :chuckle:

It was just Matt who looked like he was having a hard time forcing himself through the set that night.

I'd focused more on how much better DC was (and getting a song I actually wanted to see,) but after Matt was snide about the US crowds, I suddenly found myself a lot more infuriated about the Philly gig.

I feel bad for people who just saw that one, even if all the stuff did work. :(

I'm still a bit down that good videos from much of DC never really surfaced, but there's a plethora of great ones from Philly.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

If I'm not mixing up the two gigs, Dom and Chris seemed to be enjoying the Jam together quite a bit.

Neither of them really have ever been terribly energetic, and I didn't think it was that different. Dom's looked bored for a decade. :chuckle:

It was just Matt who looked like he was having a hard time forcing himself through the set that night.

I'd focused more on how much better DC was (and getting a song I actually wanted to see,) but after Matt was snide about the US crowds, I suddenly found myself a lot more infuriated about the Philly gig.

I feel bad for people who just saw that one, even if all the stuff did work. :(

I'm still a bit down that good videos from much of DC never really surfaced, but there's a plethora of great ones from Philly.

Yeah, during the intro for Uprising Matt just kinda stood in the same place on the catwalk and tried to look more into it then he really was lol, also i remember during the final part of The Globalist where its just Matt on the piano Dom was sitting there with his eyes clothes almost meditating, which is completely fine and warranted, but it also looked like it could've been the look of "God i can't wait for this to be over so i can eat those leftovers"

Yeah, during the intro for Uprising Matt just kinda stood in the same place on the catwalk and tried to look more into it then he really was lol, also i remember during the final part of The Globalist where its just Matt on the piano Dom was sitting there with his eyes clothes almost meditating, which is completely fine and warranted, but it also looked like it could've been the look of "God i can't wait for this to be over so i can eat those leftovers"

The Uprising intro was one of the "scripted" moments that bothered me even more the second night; Matt does the exact same thing, same spot, holds the mic and gestures in the same way... even down to pulling open his jacket collar, for some reason.

I was actually pretty into the DC gig (although my boyfriend was severely complaining by the time we got to Uprising that the gig was exactly the same) and that Uprising thing was kind of a big wtf moment for us. :chuckle:

Some of the Brussels shows were pretty energetic though, with Matt laying down on the floor for the Hysteria solo and all...

He did that in LA and San Diego.

Pessimism can be a toxic thing. You read only the negative signs you want and you can even remember things differently than someone else who experienced the exact same thing as you (honestly, there is science behind this; author David McRaney wrote an excellent book about how the things we perceive as completely objective often turn out to be anything but that). Then you start conjecturing that the band is as miserable as your reaction from your perceived notion of their lack of effort and enthusiasm--projecting your own emotions onto them to justify the bitter feeling of your mentality.

In following this thread for the past few months, I get a lot of that here. Not to say that everyone should be overjoyed at the quality of the tour; I recognize that there have been disappointing aspects regarding song variety, setlist selection, show length, etc... But when you start announcing the motivations as though you definitively know them... that seems excessive and unfounded to me. Turns you from being a sympathetic character to a bit pretentious.

Pessimism can be a toxic thing. You read only the negative signs you want and you can even remember things differently than someone else who experienced the exact same thing as you (honestly, there is science behind this; author David McRaney wrote an excellent book about how the things we perceive as completely objective often turn out to be anything but that). Then you start conjecturing that the band is as miserable as your reaction from your perceived notion of their lack of effort and enthusiasm--projecting your own emotions onto them to justify the bitter feeling of your mentality.

A.K.A. the Fox News strategy

tbf, again, Matt brought it on himself by saying the crowds in a particular country were less than enthusiastic when he himself wasn't giving 100% at the gigs. And it had nothing to do with the way the crowds acted, because he'd be fine in one city and not another, and the crowds were basically all exactly the same.

I have no idea why it was that way, although there's probably some correlation with Matt being photographed out drinking at like 2am in New York the night before the Philly gig, but bands being extremely choreographed and not at least trying to seem like they're enjoying playing the gigs have always been a big issue of mine.

I go to gigs to forget my stressful life for a couple of hours, and spend nearly a full day's pay to do so (if it were local...) so seeing someone maybe not giving full effort to what I'm watching is frustrating. Having the gig loaded to the gills with filler is frustrating. Having the band have a bad attitude about playing certain songs certain places is frustrating.

So, whether they need to take some more time off after this tour, or they just need to get some damn sleep before the gigs, it was just another symptom of the band going downhill at the live gigs, or at least becoming even more inconsistent, and it's sad to see.

A big part of the illusion of entertainment is the idea that the entertainers enjoy what they are doing and are passionate about it. You don't want to see it and have it look like a group of guys just doing a job.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

The Uprising intro was one of the "scripted" moments that bothered me even more the second night; Matt does the exact same thing, same spot, holds the mic and gestures in the same way... even down to pulling open his jacket collar, for some reason.

I was actually pretty into the DC gig (although my boyfriend was severely complaining by the time we got to Uprising that the gig was exactly the same) and that Uprising thing was kind of a big wtf moment for us. :chuckle:

hahah i know exactly what move you're talking about, the two-finger point syncopated with the snare hits in the intro with his eyes closed

hahah i know exactly what move you're talking about, the two-finger point syncopated with the snare hits in the intro with his eyes closed

He did change it up slightly in DC, if I'm being honest; at the part where he pulled his jacket open while swaying back and forth, he stuck his face halfway into his collar. I remember thinking that must just smell awful. :chuckle:

Ticketmaster screwed up my Belfast tickets so now I have to collect the tickets at the box office on the day. Really worried something will go wrong / they wont be there somehow etc

You have proof of purchase (email/printed receipt, etc...), right? So you should be fine. I've never had an issue, even in cases where I never got my ticket.

That reminds me to check on another concert whose tickets haven't been mailed to me yet... :LOL:

Unless it's different over there, the receipt is not good enough for entry, unfortunately.

I was turned away in Colorado even though I had the email and confirmation number, because they couldn't find my tickets.

Fortunately after driving 16 hours out there, it turned out they filed them wrong and did a half ass job looking for them, but I had to ask three different employees.

There seemed to be a ton of problems at the last venues I went to, sadly, and the first one told me they couldn't find my tickets after shuffling through the pile for about 3 seconds; even though I clearly saw my name on an envelope. :noey: