Well when we were getting 18 songs last tour, Europe got 24-26 at the stadiums (which really sucks because the tickets were often cheaper too).
Buw now it's pretty clear that the sets are also short because of Matt's voice, so if they're gonna make them longer, they'll need even more breaks.

Yeah, if Europe is getting the same short setlists, it probably really is because something is wrong.

Coming off the latter part of the US tour, I was still all for believing Matt's just a lazy fucker (since he admitted to getting in shape during the tours, after all,) but with the decline again, that doesn't seem to explain it.

I still think I'd rather just have them start later or end earlier than have SO much filler, though, but maybe that's just me.

Certainly an energy killer live.

I don't belive the first nights will always get worse sets, Amsterdam night 1 wasn't bad, cologne was good (I know it was only 1 night but..) even Paris night 1 in contrast to Brussels night 1 wasn't as bad as it can be.

I'm at Glasgow on the Sunday so I'm remaining optimistic...

Hey, at least after Brussels night 1, disappointed fans could just drown themselves in that delicious, delicious Belgian beer.

Seriously. I love Belgian ales so much. Drinking was like my favorite part of visiting Brussels. :LOL:

OK, off topic. Back to your regularly schedule Muse Second Night [stockholm] Syndrome bitching. :D

Buw now it's pretty clear that the sets are also short because of Matt's voice, so if they're gonna make them longer, they'll need even more breaks.

If they weren't done building the stage the minute before the opener is supposed to go on and packing up the second the gig ends to get to the next venue, I'd suggest a 15 minute break between a first and second set.

I wouldn't mind breaks and filler in the right place. Even without the fillers the average setlist is a mess of highs and lows scattered without coherence. Conjectures, but maybe if they had Munich and Minimum around the heavy songs (which they should really play more of), Nishe and Monty around lighter songs, and IS where it is as a transitional, it wouldn't seem as jarring.

I wouldn't mind breaks and filler in the right place. Even without the fillers the average setlist is a mess of highs and lows scattered without coherence. Conjectures, but maybe if they had Munich and Minimum around the heavy songs (which they should really play more of), Nishe and Monty around lighter songs, and IS where it is as a transitional, it wouldn't seem as jarring.

Psycho

Map/Bliss

Dead Inside

Hysteria/Plug in Baby

Supermassive

Starlight

Munich Jam

Citizen/Stockholm

Monty Jam/Nishe

USoE/AP

Isolated System

The Handler

Resistance/Revolt

Madness

JFK

Uprising

Time is Running Out

Reapers

The Globalist

Mercy

Knights of Cydonia

Take a Bow/Butterflies/Blackout become 'wildcard' songs to fit in somewhere?

Jack Garratt confirmed as support for the Copenhagen show on 8th June.

Support for the show the day after is yet to be announced, but also confirmed that it will NOT be Jack Garratt.

Source: Live Nation Denmark

I just realised he's also supporting in Berlin, Hamburg and Prague. Source: .mu homepage

Wonder what it was that made them decide against a stadium tour this time. Didn't think the concept/production suited it, or maybe Matt realised early on that he might not have the stamina for it?

Separate point completely, but was it ever definitely confirmed as true that Matt said London + Bercy for Showbiz to that fan? Planning on incorporating it into my sign but don't wanna look like an idiot if it turns out he never actually said it :chuckle:

For some reason I thought this police raid and manhunt in Brussels earlier today might lead to a postponement. But I'm guessing not.

Wonder what it was that made them decide against a stadium tour this time. Didn't think the concept/production suited it, or maybe Matt realised early on that he might not have the stamina for it?

I was under the assumption it was production.

They blew a ton of money on this stage, were able to fit more people into arenas, and played many shows in a lot of areas.

They knew they were going to do that, and it makes no logistical sense to then do stadiums.

Plus, the timing wouldn't have worked in the slightest with the insistence on doing the US first, even terribly last minute.

It would be nearly back to back Europe.

Separate point completely, but was it ever definitely confirmed as true that Matt said London + Bercy for Showbiz to that fan? Planning on incorporating it into my sign but don't wanna look like an idiot if it turns out he never actually said it :chuckle:

What Serpent said. But didn't Matt just say maybe Paris and London, not definitely those two?