One of the Dutch reviews of last night's show mentioned the setlist choices being worse than they could have been (which I agree with, though I still very much enjoyed the show) and then proceeded to call The Handler and Citizen Erased the worst songs in the set and praise Revolt. Oh well :LOL:

So close and yet so far.

citizen and the handler aren't that good live

Tbf I thought CE wasn't the best song live at Wembley 2010. It was great in the OoS set at Reading though - which is apparently a reverse opinion to a lot of other people who caught both gigs when I previously said it.

Regardless, I'm yet to see The Handler live. On YouTube it comes across as mixed live - some decent, some bad.

I still think CE has been maybe their most consistently good live song, aside from the first performance at least.

Stockholm, Hysteria, Butterflies, Map, Bliss and Sunburn are way above CE in that department imo.

Stockholm, Hysteria, Butterflies, Map, Bliss and Sunburn are way above CE in that department imo.

Butterflies is also near the top. Bliss would be as well if I was only counting the extended version. Stockholm is my favorite song period so that's sort of in a category all its own for me. However I'm a bit ambivalent towards Map, and not a big fan of the guitar performances of Sunburn.

Oh and Hysteria is good I guess, but I thought it was better in earlier tours.

Psycho

Dead Inside

Bliss

The Handler

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

The Globalist

Apocalypse Please

Sunburn

New Born

Mercy

Revolt

Time Is Running Out

Reapers

Stockholm Syndrome

Take a Bow

Plug In Baby

Knights of Cydonia omg knights is the worst closer ever

Psycho

Dead Inside

Bliss

The Handler

Supermassive Black Hole

Starlight

The Globalist

Apocalypse Please

Sunburn

New Born

Mercy

Revolt

Time Is Running Out

Reapers

Stockholm Syndrome

Take a Bow

Plug In Baby

Knights of Cydonia omg knights is the worst closer ever

Even by getting rid of the pop shit, you're one song over.

I can easily see The Handler not going over well with less familiar fans, or fans that are into the genres Muse has been pushing.

It's a powerful song, but it's slow, rather repetitious, and takes a really long time to build up to the ending (even if we're ignoring how bad that ending is live.)

I'm surprised to see a reviewer call it a low point, but only because of the visuals.

Bliss was the far superior choice for a US "deep track," too, and I still think that's the one they should have kept in for all the gigs. It's faster, more engaging, and doesn't go on nearly as long as CE.

Yeah, I think it's 100% understandable why someone not so familiar with the band would see CE as a low point. I mean, even some hardcore fans think it drags so you can imagine what it might be like for someone who doesn't know it. That said, I'm surprised they didn't also mention The Globalist for the same reasons, maybe the visuals saved it?

I think it's pretty hard to not be impressed by the visuals for The Globalist; and they greatly overshadow the song, and it's crazy length.

I'm sure there's a fair share of people out there that think it's at least two separate songs (not counting Drones) as it is. :chuckle:

It was the only point of the gig where I felt like they nailed the visuals, honestly.

Was better the second night, but the mix on The Handler was so bad my first gig the song wasn't that enjoyable outside of the visuals, which would have probably looked better from the seats (the lines didn't really line up where I was, taking away most of the effect.)

I hope it was just where I was standing, but it made the song feel really flat.