Con-Science

Neutron Star Collision

Drones

Save Me

Guiding Light

Starlight

More than tjet's setlist?

I love several songs in my setlist btw

lmao exactly, they could play a setlist like they did on the Psycho tour and some one would still come out and complain about something

I wasn't actively pissed (obviously) but I did complain that the sets on the Psycho Tour were a bit too short. £40 is pretty expensive for a club gig as it is so I thought 15 songs was a bit skimpy, regardless of venue size.

Little did I know they'd only be playing 2 more songs on the actual world tour :stunned:

Yes, I'd be a little disappointed that not a single song from my favourite Muse album was played. It'd be interesting to see one that's so...un-Muse, sure, but that wasn't ever the original point.

I think it's weird because I don't see why that's so difficult for you to comprehend.

It may come as a surprise, but people will have different opinions to you about what does/doesn't make a good setlist.

EDIT: The point I originally made, which I think has been misunderstood, is that in the context of these relatively disappointing/generic setlists that Muse are doing - even with one that has a few more rarities than is the norm of late and came as a nice surprise, it's still 2 steps forward and 1 step back for me in that they've completely omitted anything from OoS in doing so.

I specifically mention OoS as we've come to expect that 90% of Muse gigs these days won't feature anything from Showbiz. It's not the norm however for nothing at all to feature from OoS.

You're telling me you'd feel better if Feeling Good was played instead of any of the songs on that list, just so that something from Origin gets played? That's nuts.

A collection of amazing songs is still a collection of amazing songs, regardless of album. OoS is my fav album, tied with Absolution, but I could care less if I didn't hear any songs from either album if i was getting setlists like that

:LOL: Not interested? You're basically just trying to tell me that my opinion is wrong. I think it's important, you don't. Cool. Yes, let me have my opinion and I'll let you have yours.

You know that's not the point I'm making so I'm not even going to bother responding to that.

For your second point however, the difference of opinion stems from what's considered a collection of amazing songs. I don't consider a setlist primarily of songs from their last 3 albums an amazing collection. That's fine if some of you do. I don't.

The last 3 albums have been not where near as good as the first 4, that I agree, but there's still great songs that stand out on each of those 3 albums that people would love to get.

If you really don't like those songs, and you're still going to be disappointed, then maybe they've just moved past your taste, and there's not much point on seeing them live currently Old Muse is great, a ton of people would agree, and it sucks they don't play more old stuff, but most bands stop playing their first few albums the further along they go

That's the problem, Muse prefer to promote the UD/Resistance/Madness side of their work even though it's in the minority of their songs, even since BHaR and that jarrs with the older and rock minded fans

This is more the issue than the last albums not being "good" - Muse seem like they want to be a rock band, or at least a very diverse band, but they want to sell albums and tickets like a pop band, and their promotion follows suit.

And, at least in the US, they resent the lighter pop crowd that they cultivate for cash, and then ride off the enthusiasm and nostalgia of fans in Europe that came into the band back when they weren't pushing that sort of mainstream stuff, and try and call that their "normal" fanbase.

"Most bands" don't stop playing stuff from their old albums, but they arguably probably had hits from those albums and do stick to playing those.

A great deal of bands still throw in at least a nod to fans that have stuck around, and do a better job of showcasing their catalogue.

One song, and a tiny bit of effort put in by the band energy-wise, made the difference between hands down the worst Muse gig I've ever seen by a wide margin, and one that I left very happy. Honestly, even if the one song had been one I didn't like personally, it goes a long way towards feeling like at least they made an effort to be inclusive of fans that have seen them multiple times, and know the entire catalogue.

Just smoke and mirrors, but at least made it feel less like the band was painfully going through the motions the whole time, too.

I know I've seen Muse for the very last time, and that's not some statement I'm making, but a physical reality, and really, I would have been okay with that last gig being DC.

Now, if only Bellamy could have kept his lousy mouth shut and let me go out enjoying it...

It's the same principle as B&H into piano section or KoC into piano section. A relatively heavy section from the start which then ends with a bang before the slow one starts.

We have The Globalist now. Piano section should start with The Globalist's outro and finish with New Born's intro.

If you really don't like those songs, and you're still going to be disappointed, then maybe they've just moved past your taste, and there's not much point on seeing them live currently Old Muse is great, a ton of people would agree, and it sucks they don't play more old stuff, but most bands stop playing their first few albums the further along they go

Thing is, this tour's been quite inconsistent with regards to playing old stuff. Last year, when tickets for these gigs went on-sale, stuff like Uno, CE, Muscle Museum, Micro Cuts, Assassin and Agitated were getting played.

I'd say it's understandable if some fans bought tickets to these gigs or even just looked forward to following the tour with hopes that at least some of these songs would stick around (as well as potentially other oldies like Sunburn, which has consistently come back in the past) and are now disappointed to see they'd be lucky to get PIB or Stockholm. Almost an unintentional bait-and-switch from the band.

Not exactly what was being discussed I know but that's just my two p on the whole 'maybe they aren't the band for you anymore' thing, in regards to this tour at least.

Someone touched on this a few pages back, what were the comments he made?

Besides him being verbally passive aggressive about the US since... ever... There's a French interview where Matt says "we just finished touring in America, and we're expecting more enthusiastic crowds here in France (laugh.)"

Really just sucker punched the lingering happiness I had from my last Muse gig.

GL in for Blackout, calling it now.

Bet Reapers disappears for Revolt too.

+ Assassin in after The Handler (if it gets played) with the return of a piano song.

Unless we're getting Assassin > Handler > SS and then AP later, in which case, holy mother of god.

Edited by Jobby

+ Assassin in after The Handler (if it gets played) with the return of a piano song.

Unless we're getting Assassin > Handler > SS and then AP later, in which case, holy mother of god.

More like Feeling Good

Muse are not a one-hit band, and I don't think that the quality of their gig depends on any particular song. There are no songs that just HAVE to be played.

I totally agree with this snippet. That's why it's so frustrating that they feel the need to play the same group of songs every tour sprinkled with a few songs off of the latest album. I'd be fine seeing a show without KoC, SMBH, Starlight, TIRO etc. if they did other fan favorite type songs in their place. Not that they should just wipe them all out of any given set list but they don't all need to be played every time.

I totally agree with this snippet. That's why it's so frustrating that they feel the need to play the same group of songs every tour sprinkled with a few songs off of the latest album. I'd be fine seeing a show without KoC, SMBH, Starlight, TIRO etc. if they did other fan favorite type songs in their place. Not that they should just wipe them all out of any given set list but they don't all need to be played every time.
Agreed, but sadly they've put themselves in this situation by allowing themselves to be marketed as a pop band. If people come to see Madness and Undisclosed Desires, it's gonna be harder to introduce other stuff, since those really poppy songs don't really represent the majority of the catalogue.

I know someone will say that Muse don't do the marketing themselves but to that I just say that Muse are one of the biggest bands on the planet, they can have as much control as they want. If they weren't happy with Warner, they wouldn't extend their contract.

I've been to a lot of concerts over the years where a band didn't play one song or another that I would have liked to have heard. Probably every concert actually. Bands simply can't play every song that everybody wants to hear. The point is that it has never ruined a concert for me because a certain song wasn't played.

I'd rather a band just mixed things up and played a good variety of songs instead of trying to anticipate which collection of songs would go over the best and then just playing all of them every time.

When I saw Muse in January, I was disappointed not to hear CE or AP because I'd never heard them live. Still, I was more disappointed that what I did hear were 8 or 9 songs that they have played every time I'd seen them. A little variety would definitely compensate for not hearing any one particular song.

There's only 6 songs I've seen at all of the seven gigs I've been to. Hoping to bring this down to 5 if I can avoid PiB this tour. It'll probably even be down to 4 since I probably wont get Stockholm at both of the two I'm doing.