I always expected I'd someday leave the fanbase in shame, after Muse put out an album so embarrassingly cheesy and ott, combined with that tour that just crossed the line and kept running (maybe giant skulls vomiting wires, musos, and glitter confetti, while a fake banker dances around them...) - that I'd just hide my head in shame and deny having ever heard of the band.

I hope the next album comes quicker this time. :chuckle:

I'm also seeing Matt in some sort of overblown military outfit. Maybe a gas mask. Can Morgan sing?

If not, maybe just that red onesie the guitar dude in Mad Max had on. With flaming guitar.

So Muse has already played a greater number of different songs in Paris than they did for the entire US tour?

Take A Bow, Blackout, Supremacy, Butterflies and Hurricanes, Stockholm Syndrome have been played in addition to probably every song that was played in the US. I understand that they need more variety when playing multiple nights in the same city but it's all pretty pathetic. At least, it proves that Muse is capable of knowing how to play more than 20 songs at any given time.

Hold the presses.

I don't think that France has been subjected to Feeling Good yet.

Muse really do like them better.

I know you're being sarcastic, but some people say that the band is taking to piss when playing FG, Resistance, UD, etc., or that their presence in the sets is incomprehensible. They forget that the band may simply like to play those.

I know you're being sarcastic, but some people say that the band is taking to piss when playing FG, Resistance, UD, etc., or that their presence in the sets is incomprehensible. They forget that the band may simply like to play those.

And that despite what we all think of the songs - Resistance, UD, Madness etc all charted decently in the States.

And therein lies the problem. At one time, they liked playing better songs.

To be fair, they did stop playing Feeling Good early in the US tour. Probably when they realized that they were wasting a classic Origin song on the American audience. ;)

OoS rarities being absent can be justified in :logic: since it wasn't released here (though I'd argue the majority of people at these shows have listened to it since Spotify/YouTube/iTunes/whatever is probably what people use to listen to them) but we should've seen Absolution/BH&R rarities instead in that case.

Why Assassin wasn't played at all over here is a fucking mystery to me considering it was received incredibly well at the Mayan, you know, that intimate show in the same city where we got popfest night #1 and popfest night #2.

They played more Origin rarities on the American leg than any other ones (granted, it's Bliss/CE vs. AP but still).

The "OoS not being released" was more about bringing back AP and play The Groove at Webster but the mindset didn't stick around beyond that.

Also consider they've been bringing back new songs but the Psycho Tour returns have still been absent.

Does anyone know why they don't want to play New Born anymore? It's probably my fave song and seeing them not even sound check it makes me dead inside (I'm sorry)

They played it at almost every gig from 2000 until 2010 so I guess they got fed up of it, and it isn't one that is mega-commercial, doesn't fit in the style of their live shows anymore.

Well...yeah...don't most of us?

I don't know many Muse fans that wouldn't put OoS at least second on their ranking of the albums, thus making it reasonable to be annoyed if I was to see them and they didn't play any songs from it.

Uhm no, I'd say most Muse fans consider it to be as you say, top two or possibly three. But most Muse fans also consider Muse's best songs to be from pretty much every album, where OoS, Absolution and BH&R probably have the most popular songs per album. I mean, with Hysteria, SS, B&H, TIRO, Blackout, CoD, Assassin, TaB, SMBH, MOTP, KoC and then Sunburn, Showbiz, Muscle Museum, MK Ultra, US Supremacy, Reapers, The Handler, Exogenesis etc (not to mention b-sides), there are definitely enough songs which all feature in most people's lists of best Muse songs for Muse to avoid OoS alltogether and still please fans.

And I mean, we're not talking about any specific songs here, just "any song off OoS", which I don't really get. I get wanting to hear CE, PIB or Bliss or whatever, but just being annoyed because Muse didn't include any song off that album seems weird to me.

Not to mention that I could make loads of setlists with no OoS-songs in it that would still please the majority of gig-goers, I'd say.

Well you've missed the point a bit there.

People don't just want to hear a random song from OoS to tick a box on a checklist. If people consider that one of their favourite albums (for some reason you've said 'Uhm no' and then agreed with me on that point), then it's because within that album there are a large quantity of songs that people love - PiB, Bliss, CE etc as you mention - thus people wanting to hear those songs live.

It's a collection of 11 songs that Muse know a lot of their older fans rank as some of their favourites, but they've willingly chosen to omit them from a setlist in spite of that. Other songs aren't really relevant, because while they're good, they've still essentially knocked off songs that lots of people would rank higher. You've also mentioned lots of songs there to backup your point that Muse aren't even playing on their setlists either, so I'm not really sure how that's a good argument?

I don't really see how it's 'weird' for people to want to hear a song or two from one of their favourite albums like you're making it out to be. If anything it's weird that you find it weird.

"Really? Honestly don't see why that matters unless you consider that album like...miles above the rest."

"Well...yeah...don't most of us? "

To consider one album miles above the rest is not even remotely comparable to having it in your top3.

Anyway, what you said was that you'd be pissed off not to hear a song off OoS, so my point is basically that it's perfectly possible for Muse to make amazing setlists without it. Muse are not a one-hit band, and I don't think that the quality of their gig depends on any particular song. There are no songs that just HAVE to be played. That was my point. So unless you think that for example PIB is so much better than the rest of their catalogue that nothing could replace it, I just don't think it matters which album they take songs from, as long as the sets are good.

Of course there are still issues with the sets because I might not think they pick songs that I like, but that has nothing to do with certain songs not being played, or certain albums not being represented. They could ignore everything before BH&R and still make amazing sets.

It's not weird to want to hear your favourite song, it's weird to consider some songs so above the rest that it'd piss you off that it was left out. At least for me because I don't see Muse as that kind of band.

Psycho

The Handler

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of The Problematique

Reapers

Redemption

Hoodoo

United States of Eurasia

Animals

Assassin

City of Delusion

Uprising

Starlight

Dead Inside

Panic Station

Defector

Unnatural Selection

Take A Bow

Overture

Supremacy

Knights of Cydonia

Psycho

The Handler

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of The Problematique

Reapers

Redemption

Hoodoo

United States of Eurasia

Animals

Assassin

City of Delusion

Uprising

Starlight

Dead Inside

Panic Station

Defector

Unnatural Selection

Take A Bow

Overture

Supremacy

Knights of Cydonia

Honestly the only thing I'd miss from pre-BH&R is Stockholm Syndrome

It's the same principle as B&H into piano section or KoC into piano section. A relatively heavy section from the start which then ends with a bang before the slow one starts.

Monty Jam type in between makes it smoother maybe. Reapers is pretty strong, and I found KoC a bit jarring already.

I was watching the Moscow 2011 multicam and it was a really nice shorter set, with the festival stage being a really nice balance to let the band be the focus.

Psycho

The Handler

Supermassive Black Hole

Map of The Problematique

Reapers

Redemption

Hoodoo

United States of Eurasia

Animals

Assassin

City of Delusion

Uprising

Starlight

Dead Inside

Panic Station

Defector

Unnatural Selection

Take A Bow

Overture

Supremacy

Knights of Cydonia

Holy shit, that's a hell of a setlist. I think I could get why people think that pre-BH&R albums are better, but it's undeniable that there are some great tunes after that, worthy of an entire setlist. Last albums were uneven, but with a lot of fantastic songs.