Setlists really heating up.

I'd rather hear him sing a note in tune but lower, than try and screech the top note, fuck the pitch up, and wreck his voice for other songs. I won't loose too much sleep over not hearing the top note in Take a Bow if it means the setlists stay this good

True enough for songs like B&H and Muscle Museum where high notes aren't really a big part of the song. But it's a different deal when it's songs like TaB and Showbiz which are basically 3-4 minutes of build up for a high note. I'd still be okay with an F#5 instead of G#5, Eb5 instead of G#5 or whatever. But C5 instead of F#5 is streching it a bit.

But in reality, who gives a shit, as long as the audience that's actually there is still enjoying it.

And doing Micro Cuts usually has the opposite effect, as most fans seem to agree that he looks like he's having a stroke and shitting himself at the same time.

My boyfriend didn't believe Matt could sing Micro Cuts anymore, and I showed him those clips, and he asked me if the show actually continued afterwards. :LOL:

Still not quite as fun to watch as that color change when Matt hit both Madness notes at the end, on that TV show.

I watched a few videos including MotP. Seriously, did the stage setup kill the crowd or what happened?

As literally everyone in the US was trying to point out before, the stage spreads the crowd REALLY thin, and also has the downside of putting you face to face with the people in the seats, at very close range, whereas normally you wouldn't be focusing on the seats during videos, or looking at them at all in person as they're off to the sides and back.

Mob mentality also contributes to a lot of jumping around, and when it's diffused like this, it's not going to be as prevalent.

But yeah, there doesn't seem to be a huge increase in energy in a lot of those videos. Some, sure, but not what you'd be led to believe with the differences in the way the areas are treated.

If you want to hear take a bow live from last night in IEM quality

-> http://www.sousous.org/PH04/Muse_Bercy01_Bow_IEM.mp3

I was at the 4 nights in bercy and i'm doing the last one too

Night 1 was horrible in term of setlist & audience

Night 2 was great , i was with 20 ppl moshing all the gig (yes even during the revolt chorus just to pass the time) so the audience near me was amazing

Night 3 audience was quite quiet but still better than the first night. We've organize a mini project with hundred of sheet paper with 'showbiz' on it (the band have clearly see it)

Night 4 best setlist so far in bercy with take a bow who sounded massive and the globalist - take a bow - knights of cydonia was perfect. Butterflies still sound amazing , and blackout guitarless is quite disapointing but still amazing.

Can't wait for night 6

As literally everyone in the US was trying to point out before, the stage spreads the crowd REALLY thin, and also has the downside of putting you face to face with the people in the seats, at very close range, whereas normally you wouldn't be focusing on the seats during videos, or looking at them at all in person as they're off to the sides and back.

Mob mentality also contributes to a lot of jumping around, and when it's diffused like this, it's not going to be as prevalent.

Imagined that'd be the case when I first saw the stage :( Hopefully they ditch the 360 thing after this tour. It's looked alright along the barrier at these French gigs, guess I'll have to aim for that on my standing nights, I think I was gonna do that anyway though tbf.

Sounded like some weird/inconsistent mixing in a fair few of the videos and periscopes I've seen too, not sure if that's a thing? Hard to tell if it's the camera or not when you're judging through a video.

blackout guitarless is quite disapointing but still amazing.

Yeeeah, I don't get that. The only thing worse than Chris-ified Blackout that I've seen is 2013 Guiding Light imo :chuckle:

Nights 5 and 6 are going to be outright bonkers at this rate.

showbiz and assassin bonkers?

maybe?

Edited by Jobby

Imagined that'd be the case when I first saw the stage :( Hopefully they ditch the 360 thing after this tour. It's looked alright along the barrier at these French gigs, guess I'll have to aim for that on my standing nights, I think I was gonna do that anyway though tbf.

Sounded like some weird/inconsistent mixing in a fair few of the videos and periscopes I've seen too, not sure if that's a thing? Hard to tell if it's the camera or not when you're judging through a video.

Yeeeah, I don't get that. The only thing worse than Chris-ified Blackout that I've seen is 2013 Guiding Light imo :chuckle:

showbiz and assassin bonkers?

maybe?

The sound was incredibly inconsistent not just between Philly and DC, but from song to song within a gig, and with where you were standing or seated.

There were times in Philly where I couldn't hear anything other than the drums and it seemed like everything was being directed over my head and behind me.

DC was much better, but for certain songs I couldn't hear the guitar at all, and vocal levels were hit and miss.

*edit, I'm late to this, and I'm just skimming a bit due to being sick... but in that IEM... did they dub the studio ending onto TaB live...?

Edited by SerpentSatellite

Nights 5 and 6 are going to be outright bonkers at this rate.

I really ought to reacquaint myself with this thread/tour when I'm asked to shell out $80+ a ticket on their next tour. They might as well not tour the US at all since they clearly don't even want to.

They really barely did this time, imo. I'm predicting simply NY and LA next time around, if there is one.

They half assed everything about this US tour, from the timing of the announcements, the short notice, and the awful coverage of the country, like they were making a profit off an elaborate dress rehearsal. :(

This whole "Muse hates America and won't even play here in the future" mentality sounds an awful lot like when people predict the literal end of the world because [insert someone you dislike here] is going to be elected.

Like... seriously... relax. It's evident that Muse gives more effort in Europe, but I don't think they "hate" America. They're just less enthused, which is not the same thing.

This whole "Muse hates America and won't even play here in the future" mentality sounds an awful lot like when people predict the literal end of the world because [insert someone you dislike here] is going to be elected.

Like... seriously... relax. It's evident that Muse gives more effort in Europe, but I don't think they "hate" America. They're just less enthused, which is not the same thing.

I'd rather they hate the United States than feel passive about their hardcore fans here (who put in more time/money/effort into seeing them based on various factors). The majority of people I spoke with at the shows have seen them two times before (The Resistance/T2L) and it didn't change in the seats either.

Tbf, if certain people get elected, it could be the literal end of some peoples' worlds... Simply from a healthcare standpoint.

To be fair if Trump gets elected your have him, Putin and Kim Jong-Un with fingers above red buttons surely probability alone suggests that with three people of their intellectual capabilities one of them will push the button eventually :LOL:

Every elected leader has been the end of someone or something if you stretch it enough. But we have a thread for that and I'd rather it stay there.

Muse have made it almost as clear as they could be without directly saying it they don't like playing here. It's rather insulting, and it's natural then that some fans will feel insulted.

Every elected leader has been the end of someone or something if you stretch it enough. But we have a thread for that and I'd rather it stay there.

Muse have made it almost as clear as they could be without directly saying it they don't like playing here. It's rather insulting, and it's natural then that some fans will feel insulted.

Completely understand this and I feel for the American fans that appreciate the older songs. I guess the issue is that the majority loved muses shows in the Americas and these seem to be the fans that they tailor to but they really should at least slip in two deeper hits and then everyone would be happy or not... :LOL:

Completely understand this and I feel for the American fans that appreciate the older songs. I guess the issue is that the majority loved muses shows in the Americas and these seem to be the fans that they tailor to but they really should at least slip in two deeper hits and then everyone would be happy or not... :LOL:

It's been discussed before, that it's largely Muse's doing they attract this kind of crowd, whether they regret that or are even self-aware of it or not.

It's more than just one getting a better setlist, it's the comments that get more upsetting. France first night got an American tier set but it's mostly attributed to misfortune or "first night syndrome". Meanwhile the sarcastic shots at the crowd and off stage comments from the band suggest more than just misfortune.

The setlist is the tangible conclusion from it all, but at core there's this message that US fans are less important fans. That hurts to those who have spent a lot of time and dedication to being a fan, a lot more than just not getting Citizen Erased at a gig.

To be fair if Trump gets elected your have him, Putin and Kim Jong-Un with fingers above red buttons surely probability alone suggests that with three people of their intellectual capabilities one of them will push the button eventually :LOL:

How can you possibly compare Putin to either of those two, intellect wise?