Considering him and Dom live in the US at the moment and has done predominantly for a while I doubt they hate the country or being in it. I guess for them it's more that they have a lot more fans in Europe and England who have been around a lot longer and they feel like they still haven't broken America with anything that isn't along the lines of Madness, Starlight and Resistance etc. I guess the crowds do generally react better to them and to their older, more obscure stuff in Europe than in America. It's obviously still pretty shit that they don't play the same kinds of setlists on as much of a regular basis in the States but I really doubt they hate the country.

This isn't about what they think of the country. I'm not completely sold on the country myself.

Or about the setlists. Although the setlists are an indication and a symptom of this.

(And I'd argue that having a pissy fit because the entire crowd doesn't sing CE or Bliss is a major ego problem...)

We weren't even being unreasonable in the US; we know stuff like TaB is probably not for us. The hashtags and request signs were for Bliss and CE. Songs that were dropped because the band was feeling pissy from the early US tour, and brought back for Canada before they dropped us an entire song slot.

This is about a band talking shit about the crowds here, to the extent of saying they dislike, or even hate, playing here.

That is a rude, unacceptable, and idiotic thing to say. Especially after taking tens of millions of dollars from the people who came to see you.

If they don't like the crowds here, they should do something about it; not take tons of money and talk shit.

Court a smaller, dedicated fanbase for the music they enjoy playing, and not the daytrippers their to see some pretty lights and Madness, if that's what they think. Start reinventing themselves here by not releasing pop singles to radio and advertising. But they won't, because they like the money. So... keep their mouths shut...?

Or they could maybe realize that that jump up and down crowd isn't so much a thing in the US anymore, especially with the type of crowd they're drawing in, and have realistic expectations.

Understand that people can enjoy the gig without acting exactly how they expect them to, and that people didn't show up and pay $60+ because they didn't give a shit about the band.

Because, other than some of the Drones songs, the crowd in Philly and DC sang along so loud they drowned out the band's crappy sound setup. Maybe it doesn't look as pretty on video because they're not flailing around like asshats, but they were singing their hearts out.

That isn't good enough for them?

The statements the band, mostly Matt, have been making are a slap in the face to all of those people who gave their money and time to be there.

Edited by SerpentSatellite

When Trump becomes president, I hope his first executive order will be to have uninhibited revisory discretion over Muse's setlists in the US.

#MakeMuseGreatAgain

ugh... at least when he's president, I'll actually die from lack of healthcare and not have to deal with the end of civilization...

And Muse won't have to be annoyed by playing here.

ugh... at least when he's president, I'll actually die from lack of healthcare and not have to deal with the end of civilization...

And Muse won't have to be annoyed by playing here.

Hey, you could get a wall at the border, like the Great Wall in China, although you are 2200 years late.

After the first night in paris, i thought that they wont be changing the setlist too much, but viewing the last couples , now i can confirm my two setlist were bad :LOL: , i dont think they hate the US, they or matt need to understand that the crowds there are like that not just in a muse gig , if you look gigs from another bands they are the same, not that crazy.

I was at the Seattle show and was absolutely thrilled with it. They've been my favorite band for almost 10 years now. The constant need to bitch just to bitch is getting old. Really makes it hard to enjoy being in this community for something I love so much when it's just a whinge-fest over shit that doesn't really matter. I only get to see them once every 3 years or so and I feel damn lucky to.

Seattle is literally what a lot of us went into the SoCal/South West shows expecting

You're using a great setlist to make your point about those of us who got bad setlists.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

What so all Drones tour vids are blocked in US?

Just the ones that anyone wants to watch. Right now they're blocking all the Butterflies ones, mostly.

Some of the TaB ones.

yet new examples of warner's (notorious) tactical efforts to fuck with ppl in the US by using a very shaky branch of copyright law as the cattle prod of choice.

that said, there are always workarounds in such situations; be resourceful.

EDIT: boy, they are really going after the B&H ones for some strange reason...

On the Take A Bow last note they use backing tracks for the harmonies, including the high note at the end. I think he hits an F(?) or something typically. I didn't really listen to the recent one yet.
Like I said, used to be an E5, but since about 2010 he has apparently been doing a B4 (or maybe C#5) instead? Not gonna pitch it on my phone while in bed :p

And the studio note is F#5.

Edit: maybe he raised it for the T2L Tour though, can't even remember if it was performed but a handful of times, right?

Edited by Tjet

Seattle is literally what a lot of us went into the SoCal/South West shows expecting

You're using a great setlist to make your point about those of us who got bad setlists.

And you're assuming that everyone thinks those other sets were shit. I would have been happy either way. I'm sure this makes you guys devalue my opinion, but I'm happy with whatever they give me. I haven't set my own unrealistic expectations on them and am pleased with what I get. Makes tour time actually enjoyable. Over the years, it seems like a lot of you have forgotten what that's like and I feel bad for you. Quit fretting so much. Either get out and see a band you love enough to hang out these forums so much for and enjoy the show, or move on. Stop wallowing in the negativity.

Damn it. What a setlist. I went to Werchter and I swear I think I would maybe give it away for this one. Oh and btw why even bother about the band being less popular in the US? Most of the time, the US crowds are pretty dead/snobbish at rock concerts anyway.

Edited by Museic Syndrome

whoa, butterflyes, blackout and take a bow.... great! just add ss and bliss or citizen and it will be the greatest setlist since drones. Also its nice to see that they are rotating some songs frequently now. Thanks muse

Damn it. What a setlist. I went to Werchter and I swear I think I would maybe give it away for this one. Oh and btw why even bother about the band being less popular in the US? Most of the time, the US crowds are pretty dead/snobbish at rock concerts anyway.

Well then I guess they all deserve it then.

Like I said, used to be an E5, but since about 2010 he has apparently been doing a B4 (or maybe C#5) instead? Not gonna pitch it on my phone while in bed :p

And the studio note is F#5.

Edit: maybe he raised it for the T2L Tour though, can't even remember if it was performed but a handful of times, right?

It wasn't at all if I'm not mistaken.