To be fair, I think it's awful when they throw harmonicas and shit out beyond second row. Why reward people who didn't put in tons of effort?

But isn't being in the front row for Muse reward enough? I'm not front row just to get items or setlists. I'm there to see all of the show with an unobstructed view! If any extras happen to fall my way, that's just a cherry on top of things. I don't feel entitled to things just because I'm in the front, or I'm a "bigger fan" than people standing behind me. I guess my motives for being in the front differ from others?

Edited by JessicaSarahS
Too many commas.

To be fair, I think it's awful when they throw harmonicas and shit out beyond second row. Why reward people who didn't put in tons of effort?

Pretty much this:

But isn't being in the front row for Muse reward enough? I'm not front row just to get items or setlists. I'm there to see all of the show with an unobstructed view!

Surely the 'reward' for putting in the effort to get barrier is to be close to the band and have a great view? I know that's the only reason why I've done it. It'd be extremely shitty of them to only give stuff out to people on the first row and effectively tell anyone behind them 'you aren't good enough' imo. Especially given that front row at these gigs is often made up of people who simply paid more and didn't have to make much of an effort.

Plus, in my experience, the difference between ending up in one row or the one just behind it can be arriving like 5-10 minutes earlier/later so it's not like anyone behind 1st row hasn't also put in loads of effort. Not to mention some people who might've had to travel really far, put up with health issues etc. etc. Basically, front row aren't the only people who make loads of effort.

Edited by Jobby

I'm at a loss for words with you sometimes. Since when is there any correlation between arriving to a concert early and "deserving rewards"? In my experiences a lot of the people at the front push their way there from the back once the show has started. But knowing you I'm sure you'd get security involved to prevent such a travesty from occurring.

I'm at a loss for words with you sometimes. Since when is there any correlation between arriving to a concert early and "deserving rewards"? In my experiences a lot of the people at the front push their way there from the back once the show has started. But knowing you I'm sure you'd get security involved to prevent such a travesty from occurring.

this; so much this

Oh look it's musersadvocate not advocating for musers

I've probably posted here like 3 times before but I can't believe this is a discussion that is happening. I'm very involved in U2 fandom and i know that in their case it is often the same people up front at every show because they follow the tour and make it a point of camping out/organizing the line for each show. This probably isn't true to the same extent with Muse but i'm sure there are those people. If what Dan is suggesting is actually what they did then the same 20 (or whatever number of people can fit on barrier) people would be getting setlists and picks and harmonicas at each show. That is clearly not fair to the greater Muse community. There is no reason to continue this conversation. Let's all love this band together, please!

On another note. Was that huge drone new last night?

It's the same for Muse. There's groups of people that do just tons of shows, and some even that go country to country.

(Although some of them have ended up not on barrier this tour due to VIP, and are salty about it.)

And tbf, this isn't really even a discussion; just one person's opinion.

And no, the drone isn't new; it showed up a few gigs into the tour.

They go in early, have a cash bar, presumably some bananas, look at some old Muse costumes, get a poster, and get into the GA or seats before everyone else.

They fill up the entire barrier of the circular part of the stage.

Thats actually kind of really annoying for short people like i am...But i guess they pay for it. I was second row last time last tour and that was great! Thanks for the info!