The visuals would be cool if they were used during a song that's remotely interesting live.

...and if it didn't involve the stage being dark, making the band barely visible.

.....and if it didn't involve two of the band members standing perfectly still throughout the entire song.

Basically, drop UD.

Yeah but have you seen it live? Nope

The visuals for UD are great but they could be used for literally any other song on the planet since they're dynamic.

I'm afraid the way it's performed gives away too clearly the fact it's going to remain untouched in the future setlists: Dom playing the electronic drums precisely on one side, Matt wearing those glasses with flashing LEDs... All the details point towards this conclusion. :erm:

I meant actually seen the visuals paired with the song you're criticizing during the arena tour

...?

I praised the visuals themselves (well, the curtain stuff at least, not a fan of how dim the stage seems). I said they were wasted on a boring live song.

Best cut the set short so everyone can get home safe!

Best cut the set short so everyone can get home safe!

this is the most realistic outcome tbh

Do you guys think they're gonna reschedule or something? Because Valley View is like a block away from the ocean and they're putting up sandbags to prevent the 20ft waves from crashing down on the streets, and the rain is flooding everything.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

They should at least play Apocalypse Please. It must feel like it down there.

Only when they work though. The Oakland show had half the panels freeze and then go dark. Causing Chris to be invisible and Forcing Matt to stay on one side. Imagine the boredom.

oh jesus :facepalm:

In a way, I feel sorry for the band with all these technical problems because I get that they're just trying to put on an impressive, visually ambitious show but I think there comes a point where you've got to realise that it's having too much of an affect on concerts and just isn't worth the hassle.

There are far easier ways to put on an impressive visual show without it proving troublesome for the band, restricting of the setlists/performance or distracting for the audience. Not to sound harsh but I hope they learn a lesson from all this and scale it back in future, doubt it though.

I mean we don't really know how much they tried etc but it really did seem like they hadn't actually planned that things weren't gonna go perfectly.

"Oh shit the stage took more time than we anticipated to put together? I guess we have to re-schedule everything"

Super Mario Desires

This has made me laugh like an idiot. :LOL:

Can you imagine?

I want to reconcile

The mushrooms on your path

I want to recognize

You mustache's not a tusk

I want to exorcise

The Bowsers from your past

I want to satisfy

The mighty Super Mario within your heart

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

This has made me laugh like an idiot. :LOL:

Can you imagine?

I want to reconcile

The mushrooms on your path

I want to recognize

You mustache's not a tusk

I want to exorcise

The Bowsers from your past

I want to satisfy

The mighty Super Mario within your heart

/dead... XD...

They should at least play Apocalypse Please. It must feel like it down there.
Haha, wish we would've gotten Apocalypse Please, but it seems he decided to just treat one person to a guitar instead.

The weather ended up not bad. We got there around 1pm and there wasn't any rain in line until just before they let us in. By then I was under the eaves of the building because we were there early, but it didn't look to be a long rain, or very hard. It was really cold and windy all day though and the four of us traded off waiting and going to the car. I just kept thinking of concerts in places where it snows and seeing people wait overnight in the snow and figured we had it easy.

Haha, wish we would've gotten Apocalypse Please, but it seems he decided to just treat one person to a guitar instead.

The weather ended up not bad. We got there around 1pm and there wasn't any rain in line until just before they let us in. By then I was under the eaves of the building because we were there early, but it didn't look to be a long rain, or very hard. It was really cold and windy all day though and the four of us traded off waiting and going to the car. I just kept thinking of concerts in places where it snows and seeing people wait overnight in the snow and figured we had it easy.

But AP was played...