Wow, weird that more songs from OoS/Abso survived than T2L. Thought Panic station, Supremacy and Survival would stick around.

Now if they would just make the same decision with The Resistance on a regular basis. I'm sure they could shelve Resistance, UD and USoE without too many complaints. Uprising could be the token remnant of that album.

I hope Europe gets the same thing as America did this time around, that way they can relate to a bad set for once instead of telling Americans to suck it up or come over there. It's such a bullshit response.

I like how Supremacy coming back would be a difference - AFAIK the Americans like T2L more than we did in Europe. I'm amazed Stockholm isn't there. Or New Born. Something in Drop D that wasn't Psycho or The Handler - in the absence of Reapers the shows really lacked the heavier rock stuff.

Maybe Micro Cuts was taken out due to Matt's voice - he was fucking knackered after singing it 3rd at Wercther. Well that and running around like a madman during Psycho. Shame. Would be great to see it more, but maybe it'll just be the riff now.

Salt

It is, but totally justified I think. Even the East Coast people are bad about this. They've gotten consistently better sets than the West Coast for 2010/2013 and then they tell us to not complain because THEIR show was alright.

I got some flak for talking bad about LA1/2 this tour from people who went to Dallas and Seattle. I suppose it's easy to say "stop complaining about setlists" when you get these as standalone shows

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/american-airlines-center-dallas-tx-53f293f9.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/keyarena-seattle-wa-13f2d58d.html

Versus these as back to back gigs in the same city/venue

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/staples-center-los-angeles-ca-13f2311d.html

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2015/staples-center-los-angeles-ca-4bf23ba6.html

Is Panic Station a guilty pleasure for anyone else besides me? :D

Losing NB last tour and now SS on this tour has been my biggest disappointment. Two of my three favorite Muse songs.

Surprised it didn't return for this tour to be honest, but I'm glad it didn't, it'd be one more song taking up room on their 17 song set, 15 of which are staples/singles

I recently saw an interview with Taylor Swift on Apple Music where she and Zane Lowe talked a lot about how she keeps her tour interesting for her fans. I don't even know how I ended up watching that interview and I'm not familiar with her music or career, but I really liked what she was saying there. She said a lot of her fans already know most of the regular setlist, have seen what the production is like online... and that she still wants to surprise them. I don't remember what exactly she did to keep her shows fresh for the die hard fans, but I was thinking "damn Matt, a scripted show and a heavy production isn't an excuse anymore." :D

PS: I know most of what she said came probably straight from her label/manager/whatever + there's a difference between singing some lines of pop songs and what Muse does onstage + so many other reasons why we can't compare both artists, but I just wanted to share this.

For those interested: link to the interview.

PS: I know most of what she said came probably straight from her label/manager/whatever + there's a difference between singing some lines of pop songs and what Muse does onstage + so many other reasons why we can't compare both artists, but I just wanted to share this.

For those interested: link to the interview.

That could also be used the other way. Muse actually play the music themselves, it's easier for them to just start playing a random song than for someone who probably needs to prepare a lot more musically.

From looking at Taylor Swift's setlist.fm it seems like the only major difference night-to-night that she did was perform acoustic covers of artists probably from each city on the tour. Even that is still a good deal more generous than what Muse seem to be doing.

Yeah that actually takes some real thought and consideration.

That could also be used the other way. Muse actually play the music themselves, it's easier for them to just start playing a random song than for someone who probably needs to prepare a lot more musically.

Yeah that actually takes some real thought and consideration.

Shame she's a fake artist.

Even if she is "fake" and just parroting what some manager/label told her to (and I can't really speak to that) wouldn't that indicate someone with a lot of experience in the business realizes even an artist that big should do something to keep things interesting for a small, but important part of the artists' fanbase, even if it is just 1-2 songs?

Well aren't you cool.

If she would stop pretending she wrote her songs I would have a lot more respect for her.

Combine that with her unleashing the power of the dying music industry on everyone who she disagrees with, stealing art, singing the worst gentrification-supporting song of all time, whining over streaming, and her fake "oh god I can't believe fans" schtick she pulled off successfully for years...

F Taylor Swift. No talent asshat. She just exists as a puppet for her father to make him feel better about his own shortcomings in life.

She's the last lifeline of the record industry. Well, her and Adele, except Adele has talent.

singing the worst gentrification-supporting song of all time
Had to google the context for this and http://jezebel.com/taylor-swifts-new-song-is-the-gentrification-anthem-nyc-1648607040 oh my god what total nonsense :LOL:

Some great commentary though:

"This is almost as bad as the time that neocon shitlord Elvis wrote Viva Las Vegas, which thoughtlessly celebrated the city and totally failed to address its high divorce rates, unstable housing market and contribution to gambling addiction."

"I suppose Katy Perry's "California Gurls" should have discussed water shortages, migrant farm worker's rights, rising rent and gentrification, and state budget shortfalls."

"welcome to miami probably should have talked about economic breaking points, the realities and difficulties some cuban immigrants, face, drug cartels, and rising water levels."

"And how did they get through a whole musical about Brigadoon without discussing the chronic lack of child care and terrible traffic?"

Okay anyway. "Combine that with her unleashing the power of the dying music industry on everyone who she disagrees with" Got any examples?

Had to google the context for this and http://jezebel.com/taylor-swifts-new-song-is-the-gentrification-anthem-nyc-1648607040 oh my god what total nonsense :LOL:

Some great commentary though:

"This is almost as bad as the time that neocon shitlord Elvis wrote Viva Las Vegas, which thoughtlessly celebrated the city and totally failed to address its high divorce rates, unstable housing market and contribution to gambling addiction."

"I suppose Katy Perry's "California Gurls" should have discussed water shortages, migrant farm worker's rights, rising rent and gentrification, and state budget shortfalls."

"welcome to miami probably should have talked about economic breaking points, the realities and difficulties some cuban immigrants, face, drug cartels, and rising water levels."

"And how did they get through a whole musical about Brigadoon without discussing the chronic lack of child care and terrible traffic?"

Okay anyway. "Combine that with her unleashing the power of the dying music industry on everyone who she disagrees with" Got any examples?

Except Welcome to New York's message is something completely different than Viva Las Vegas. Welcome to New York is "look at how pretty NY is everyone come move here unlimited opportunity!!!" Meanwhile people who can't afford to move are forced to leave so people like Tay Tay can move in.

Also here's TayTay being a bully:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/taylor-swift-responds-to-artists-infringement-accusations-20151214

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6641794/taylor-swift-nicki-minaj-twitter-argument-timeline

http://time.com/3554468/why-taylor-swift-spotify/

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/75173/20150813/taylor-swift-attacks-spotify-again-while-praising-apple.htm

Oh, another reason I hate her: whining about how boys don't like her even though she's literally classic skinny white woman, except she's ass-loaded.

Have you even read the articles you posted? Two of them are about Taylor complaining that artists aren't getting paid enough by Spotify, in fact sometimes they aren't being paid at all. It's weird that when that complaint comes from customers or low-income artists, it's fair and proof that Spotify are greedy, but when a big artist does it it's suddenly "bullying". What?

And the situation with Nicki was a mistake which NICKI herself called out the media for. She literally says in the tweets of the article that you linked that the media is making a big deal out of nothing to earn readers.

Have you considered that you might just hate her and THEN try to find reasons? Whining about how boys don't like her? Once again what

From looking at Taylor Swift's setlist.fm it seems like the only major difference night-to-night that she did was perform acoustic covers of artists probably from each city on the tour. Even that is still a good deal more generous than what Muse seem to be doing.

Matt sung bits of "Barcelona" when they played in Barcelona, and in Sweden they did that tribute to the Invisible Man. :fear:

Have you even read the articles you posted? Two of them are about Taylor complaining that artists aren't getting paid enough by Spotify, in fact sometimes they aren't being paid at all. It's weird that when that complaint comes from customers or low-income artists, it's fair and proof that Spotify are greedy, but when a big artist does it it's suddenly "bullying". What?

And the situation with Nicki was a mistake which NICKI herself called out the media for. She literally says in the tweets of the article that you linked that the media is making a big deal out of nothing to earn readers.

Have you considered that you might just hate her and THEN try to find reasons? Whining about how boys don't like her? Once again what

Or it could just be that I'm jealous that a no-talent assclown like Taylor Swift has made millions because her daddy has a small penis.

I wish I had a father that didn't care that I couldn't hold a tune pushing me into showbiz like Taylor.

are you one of those people who still thinks it's cool to only listen to things outside of the top 40?

I listen to a few things in the top 40, actually. For example, Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots is a jam.TayTay is just trash.

Edited by ninsp

Or it could just be that I'm jealous that a no-talent assclown like Taylor Swift has made millions because her daddy has a small penis.

I wish I had a father that didn't care that I couldn't hold a tune pushing me into showbiz like Taylor.

okay so you're out of arguments, good to know.