So according to a certain fan, her "sources" (which, knowing her, is probably either someone in the band or closely involved with them) told her that the setlists will be very different in Europe.

Aha i will act like i've never seen this :p

I don't expect too much from them and i don't want to be disappointed but who knows maybe they will make things drastically different...

Ugh i'm now very hyped and stressed, it'll stay the mystery since Paris is the first gigs in Europe

So according to a certain fan, her "sources" (which, knowing her, is probably either someone in the band or closely involved with them) told her that the setlists will be very different in Europe.

As I've been feeling all along, I'm still waiting for the Paris sextet (and also maybe the 4's in Brussels and Amsterdam) for proof. Wouldn't surprise me if some more obscure stuff might appear here though.

seemed full in LA last 2 nights

Yeah it did. First night in LA is the only US show sold out AFAIK.

They'll play some great sets in Europe I'm sure. Except for the night they record the next DVD, it'll be an American cheese set, otherwise they're afraid it won't sell across the pond.

Feeling Good needs to die. How is a cover from their second album still being played when they have a ton of their own library to go through?

Also, I don't think either of their Staples shows were sell outs. Tickets were still available for both nights through AXS the night before. I had a couple of empty seats around me last night too.

Feeling Good needs to die. How is a cover from their second album still being played when they have a ton of their own library to go through?

Also, I don't think either of their Staples shows were sell outs. Tickets were still available for both nights through AXS the night before. I had a couple of empty seats around me last night too.

I saw a couple seats open, but not many. I think it was close enough to sold out that they just called it that.

It doesn't matter if you liked it or not, the fact of the matter is that the US tour so far has been LAZY on Muse's part. 17 greatest radio hits and sing along karaoke. Muse could give less shit what lazy setlist they can feed to the boring US crowd and that's a fact.

I get the feeling they started off trying to do a decent tour but have genuinely lost some interest/heart as it's gone on, presumably due to the technical issues and unresponsive crowds. Probably why they've not taken requests and stopped bothering to rotate Bliss and CE. Bit of a shambles really.

It'll be interesting how they approach the US on the next album cycle. Considering they don't seem to have had a great time on this one, it'd be weird to try the same thing again. I think a smaller tour with less faff would be best (smaller venues, not less dates).

Edited by Jobby

making an educated guess, i surmise that the setlists remain largely the same as they are currently, with...

...resistance, the FG/USOE/(AP, kinda) rotation, UD, and revolt being swapped out for material that's, on the whole, a bit more palatable for the 'hardcore' fans.

something like that.

they can't just scrap all the visuals that have been created for good chunk of the songs that are in the current set. by the same token, the crew will have time to create additional visuals + lighting for the (limited) batch of songs that are likely to make a re-emergence in Europe.

making an educated guess, i surmise that the setlists remain largely the same as they are currently, with...

...resistance, the FG/USOE/(AP, kinda) rotation, UD, and revolt being swapped out for material that's, on the whole, a bit more palatable for the 'hardcore' fans.

something like that.

I know Muse are shit atm but I think you're underestimating the Europe bias. If I were to roughly guess, taking into account the past + how sets looked before America + things already said by the band:

To come back: Map (in rotation), Bliss (in rotation), CE (by request), AP, Reapers (staple again), Stockholm, SFA (in rotation), Sunburn (once or twice), B&H (once or twice), New Born (once or twice), Fury (by request), Dead Star (by request), Assassin (by request), Muscle Museum (by request).

To go away/get played less: Feeling Good, Resistance (back to rotation), Revolt (rotated with Defector), Madness (rotated with UD).

Guessing at some of the requests, obviously, particularly not-so-confident on MM and Assassin but you never know. Showbiz was apparently promised to be played in London a few months ago (trying to keep it alive :supersad:) so that's possible but I doubt it'll come through tbh.

Edited by Jobby

^Metronome basically. Something some musicians use (particularly drummers) in their ear pieces to keep on time and to make things match up exactly with any production (video,pyro,etc.) - I'm not sure how this would entirely affect the audience, as it wouldn't be audible. And this probably isn't the first tour Muse have used click tracks.

To come back: Map (in rotation), Bliss (in rotation), CE (by request), AP, Reapers (staple again), Stockholm, SFA (in rotation), Sunburn (once or twice), B&H (once or twice), New Born (once or twice), Fury (by request), Dead Star (by request), Assassin (by request), Muscle Museum (by request).

Wow SFA? Where did they mention that? That's a pretty random song to bring back but I guess it could sound alright with Morgan doing the piano bits. Doubt he'd even attempt the "our souls will be exhumed" part though.

Wow SFA? Where did they mention that? That's a pretty random song to bring back but I guess it could sound alright with Morgan doing the piano bits. Doubt he'd even attempt the "our souls will be exhumed" part though.

When asked what song he'd like to bring back a few months ago (if any) by a fan, Dom said he was trying to convince Matt to bring back SFA. Pretty soon after that, the band put out that playlist of live footage and one of the songs was SFA. Far from a dead cert but the seeds are there.

I imagine it'd just sound the same as the 2007 performances, except maybe with a better guitar tone. Shame they didn't perform it on the T2L tour, Matt might've given the chest notes at the end a go back then.

When asked what song he'd like to bring back a few months ago (if any) by a fan, Dom said he was trying to convince Matt to bring back SFA. Pretty soon after that, the band put out that playlist a live footage and one of the songs was SFA. Far from a dead cert but the seeds are there.

I imagine it'd just sound the same as the 2007 performances, except maybe with a better guitar tone. Shame they didn't perform it on the T2L tour, Matt might've given the chest notes at the end a go back then.

You made me go back and listen to HAARP's SFA. Peak of the band.

Did anyone actually doubt this would be the case?

Besides Matt already admitting that stuff like Map would come back outside the US.

I know it's not exactly an effective statement as the band already has my damn $300, but I'm really drawing the line here. I won't see this tour, and I probably will never see them again.

I can't support a band treating fans in an entire country like this, not only, but acknowledging the fact that they do it. I really don't care if they hate touring here... They still like to take our money. Put in the effort, or don't bother.

The "go to Europe" option can go to hell; I'm not going to spend thousands on airfare because a band treats us like an afterthought.

Sucks this happened during the tour for my favorite album of there's in a decade.

Did anyone actually doubt this would be the case?

Besides Matt already admitting that stuff like Map would come back outside the US.

I know it's not exactly an effective statement as the band already has my damn $300, but I'm really drawing the line here. I won't see this tour, and I probably will never see them again.

I can't support a band treating fans in an entire country like this, not only, but acknowledging the fact that they do it. I really don't care if they hate touring here... They still like to take our money. Put in the effort, or don't bother.

The "go to Europe" option can go to hell; I'm not going to spend thousands on airfare because a band treats us like an afterthought.

Sucks this happened during the tour for my favorite album of there's in a decade.

Do you ever not bitch? All you do is bitch and complain. Just curious. Lots of bitching. You just seem like a miserable human being online.