Yeah, I'm super bummed they didn't play Reapers last. They've been playing this tour, just not lately. I'm hoping that since this is their first time doing two shows in once city, they'll actually vary things up tonight. Though looking at everything they've done in the US this tour, where only two songs max have been varied, I won't hold my breath.

I'm definitely disappointed by the setlist in this tour, though tonight's show did reinforce how amazingly damn good the Mayan show was. I'm still holding out hope that last night's softer, alt pop show will be contrasted by a heavier show tonight. But the lack of rock out songs meant that a lot of the time, the crowd wasn't really rocking out. Though my area of the floor was pretty energetic most of the night.

That said, I thought the vocals were great tonight. The visuals were cool, but I thought the last two tours were more visually spectacular. The 360 format doesn't really lend itself to photogenic views unless they're across panoramas.

BTW, to all those complaining that Muse is too poppy, in France, apparently they're "folk" too? :LOL:

http://www2.fnacspectacles.com/ficheManifestation.do?codman=BEMUS&rewritten=true#/manifestation/plus_disponible

(Just happened to notice this because I was daydreaming about how realistic a European vacation that included seeing Muse might be.)

It's their alter ego Bellamy & Sons

BTW, to all those complaining that Muse is too poppy, in France, apparently they're "folk" too? :LOL:

http://www2.fnacspectacles.com/ficheManifestation.do?codman=BEMUS&rewritten=true#/manifestation/plus_disponible

(Just happened to notice this because I was daydreaming about how realistic a European vacation that included seeing Muse might be.)

I know Matt once said he wanted to do songs with a banjo but that's a bit of an unusual step. :chuckle:

I see LA #1 had the same shite. Boo-urns. Although bizarrely someone I know was at last night's gig while on holiday out there, and who comes from a scene where they like some cooler acts. She said it was great.

Yeah, I'm super bummed they didn't play Reapers last. They've been playing this tour, just not lately. I'm hoping that since this is their first time doing two shows in once city, they'll actually vary things up tonight.

They did 4 shows in Mexico City (3 with the round stage and 1 at a festival) and there wasn't really much variety. Rotations with the OoS song, piano song, Hysteria/Resistance, that's about it? And I don't know why they're starting to feel like only festivals warrant playing SS anymore.

If LA can't even get a superior set list, what hope is there for anyplace else? They seem to have just about settled into their song choices.

I don't doubt that it will be a good show when I see them next month. I'm just expecting to be a little disappointed knowing how much better it could have been. I can always stay optimistic for a pleasant surprise.

Maybe they hit that point in their careers where it's more a job than what they LOVE to do.

Just another day at the office!

I doubt it, they definitely seemed to be enjoying themselves on the Psycho Tour and from what I saw of the festival tour. I think it's probably more to do with the heavily scripted/rigid nature of the show caused by the current production and the apparently 'unenthusiastic' crowds they've been playing to. They've said before that they feed off crowd reaction and energy pretty heavily, though imo they should put in as much effort as possible anyway.

If that eventually become the case though, I'd rather they just packed it in or stuck to making albums or EPs if they still had a passion for that.

As Madness is their biggest hit in the States, I can understand why they choose to show their poppy side and move the heavy rock to the back. It's a simple matter of audience pleasing and hardcore fan neglecting.

I have strong feeling that the heavier songs will return during the European tour, including Reapers.

As Madness is their biggest hit in the States, I can understand why they choose to show their poppy side and move the heavy rock to the back. It's a simple matter of audience pleasing and hardcore fan neglecting.

I have strong feeling that the heavier songs will return during the European tour, including Reapers.

Almost certainly. Absolute wank for the probably pretty large number of people who were enjoying it and looking forward to it but have been fucked over because "hurr 'murica dun danse to our hevy sturf" though.

It's one song in the set. One. Who fucking cares if it doesn't get a massive reception (which isn't even necessarily a sign that most people aren't enjoying it)?

I know this is kinda pointless but I was really bored so I decided to look at every single page on the wiki in order to do that :v (i think i made a few mistakes)

ofc it only includes 2015 gigs.

*SHOWBIZ*

UNO 5

MUSCLE MUSEUM 3

*ORIGIN OF SYMMETRY*

PLUG IN BABY 48

CITIZEN ERASED 22

BLISS 16

FEELING GOOD 9

NEW BORN 8

HYPER MUSIC 4

MICRO CUTS 4