I think saying he can't do much else is really selling him short. I personally really enjoy his live vocals on stuff like Apocalypse Please, Plug in Baby, and Stockholm Syndrome, as long as his mic isn't turned up so much that it is overpowering, which it has been some recently.
Plug In Baby is literally just the same note over and over though? AP usually sounds pretty good though yeah. SS I'm on the fence about. Not bad but not good either.

With the stage show they have, I would absolutely be for sacrificing rotation to have had them put together a more thematic setlist, like they were first talking about.

"Thematic"

*Mary Poppins Intro*

Unintended

Starlight

Madness

Undisclosed Desires

Resistance

Guiding Light

Big Freeze

*Xylophone Jam*

Time is Running Out

Falling Away With You

Dead Inside

Mercy

Neutron Star Collision

Revolt

ENCORE:

Sunburn

Hate This and I'll Live You

Falling Down

Save Me

Isolated System

ENCORE II:

Exogenesis Part I

Psycho

Soldier's Poem

"Thematic"

*Mary Poppins Intro*

Unintended

Starlight

Madness

Undisclosed Desires

Resistance

Guiding Light

Big Freeze

*Xylophone Jam*

Time is Running Out

Falling Away With You

Dead Inside

Mercy

Neutron Star Collision

Revolt

ENCORE:

Sunburn

Hate This and I'll Live You

Falling Down

Save Me

Isolated System

ENCORE II:

Exogenesis Part I

Psycho

Soldier's Poem

This genuinely made me vomit a little. The stuff of tortured nightmares, probably complete with Matt jizzing over the audience during the final half of Madness.

not the Handler?

Actually yeah, I'd miss that one too. I hear it's improved a bit in the new tour, too?

I have heard the visuals for it are pretty stunning.

What I'd have really liked, and meant, is a thematic show that used the Drones tracks, in order, and put other songs into the mix where they would fit in with the "story," using The Globalist and some other songs as the "alternate ending" in the encore.

Wasn't a completely out there thing to hope for, as Matt was the one who gave me the idea in the first place... Or so I keep thinking, for some reason.

This genuinely made me vomit a little. The stuff of tortured nightmares, probably complete with Matt jizzing over the audience during the final half of Madness.

Sunburn, HTAILY and Falling Down alone make it better than the current sets imo :chuckle: I'd take NSC, Soldier's Poem and FAWY too.

Seriously, the only song from the Drones tour so far I'd be sad to miss out on with that setlist would be The Globalist.

I'm honestly not arsed about seeing The Globalist tbh, looks pretty boring to me (about the same as it is on record tbf).

I was looking forward to Revolt and Defector but one isn't being played and the other looks like it's had the fun sucked out of it :(

How difficult is it to fucking rotate some songs as well? Imo every gig should have some rotating songs eg:

Assassin/Dead Star/ TSP/ New Born

Bliss/ MoTP/TaB/MK Ultra

CE/SS/US

AP/RBS/SFA

MM/Futurism

just to add a bit of excitement. So many great songs in their discography and all we're getting atm is fucking Starlight, Uprising, DI, Madness, IS and Monty fucking Jam. Even CE and the Globalist can't save some of these setlists

The Handler has only gotten worse imo. The "Let me go, Let me be" got worse, he stopped doing the raised falsetto ending to the E5, and the solo gives me no enjoyment now that he performs it rather well. (Seriously it's a dull solo)

How difficult is it to fucking rotate some songs as well? Imo every gig should have some rotating songs eg:

Assassin/Dead Star/ TSP/ New Born

Bliss/ MoTP/TaB/MK Ultra

CE/SS/US

AP/RBS/SFA

MM/Futurism

just to add a bit of excitement. So many great songs in their discography and all we're getting atm is fucking Starlight, Uprising, DI, Madness, IS and Monty fucking Jam. Even CE and the Globalist can't save some of these setlists

All of those rotations sound bad to me.

:fancy:

Take A Bow as anything other than opener or closer will never ever work, and should never be replaced by anything other than other openers/closers imo.

I'm a fan of the traditional piano slot, so replacing a piano song with a guitar song is always a nah.

don't like the thought of CE being rotated with US either.

Take A Bow as anything other than opener or closer will never ever work, and should never be replaced by anything other than other openers/closers imo.

I'm a fan of the traditional piano slot, so replacing a piano song with a guitar song is always a nah.

don't like the thought of CE being rotated with US either.

that all sounds a bit too logical for Muse

The Handler has only gotten worse imo. The "Let me go, Let me be" got worse, he stopped doing the raised falsetto ending to the E5, and the solo gives me no enjoyment now that he performs it rather well. (Seriously it's a dull solo)

Was bored in class earlier and had the thought of him sort of combining it with the Showbiz solo (particularly the 4:03 to 4:16 bit in Showbiz's), since it's apparently supposed to evoke it. Like, maybe start off with The Handler solo but towards the end start playing bits from the Showbiz one, except transposed to D obviously.

Could be cool imo, it'd certainly be more interesting than just the same thing for like a minute or whatever it is. Be a nice moment for those who spotted it too. I'll admit I didn't really think about it much though, so maybe it wouldn't work at all :chuckle:

:fancy:

Don't think he necessarily means the songs themselves are bad (though maybe he doesn't like some of them, idk), more that the rotations are a bit unbalanced or don't make much sense. Piano songs rotated with guitar songs (unless you mean a piano version of SFA?) and closers like TAB rotated with MOTP etc.

edit: ooh nevermind