Was Chris' 'tarp' getting stuck the same gig as the guitar crash? And it only broke the Santa/Glitterati Manson. Think the double neck was on there as well and that was fine, but yeah, certainly something to be a bit iffy about

I'm fairly certain that it was that same gig, yeah. The only thing that made a big deal/anyone remembers was the Glitterati getting destroyed, but it did cause a lot of damage to his other guitars too.

"The towers experienced some malfunctions: While Christopher Wolstenholme's curtain didn't drop at the start of Uprising, Matthew Bellamy's curtain got caught on his guitar rack which then resulted in the rack including the guitars being pulled off the tower when the curtain was pulled down, in turn causing the Glitterati permanent damage rendering it unusable. This meant that the towers came down by the end of the song so that Bellamy could get the Doubleneck for the next song. As a result, both Resistance and New Born were played on the floor. The towers functioned normally again by the time the piano section arrived."

I can't remember where I read about the damage to his other guitars but it was likely on this forum right after the gig or something like that.

kinda eh on the record and looked eh when they played it in Brussels (think it was Brussels anyway)

I can get that, but it was also its live debut too.

Crazy. Front row up to around 10 rows of bodies back was intensely lit up during that entire thing

Meh, if it was continuous riffing I might not mind so much. It's just the stop-applause-start again nature of it kills it a bit for me. Plus, by that point of the set I'd probably be pretty knackered so the majority of the moshing and whatnot would be lost on me, that's more just down to my fitness level though :chuckle:

Ive honestly never been a huge fan of all the riffs.

Depends what song it's after for me. I don't mind it after Stockholm, New Born and maybe Map. I only really tend to like certain riffs too, like Endless Nameless, Township, Headup, Execution Commentary and Freedom/Reapers.

Meh, if it was continuous riffing I might not mind so much. It's just the stop-applause-start again nature of it kills it a bit for me. Plus, by that point of the set I'd probably be pretty knackered so the majority of the moshing and whatnot would be lost on me, that's more just down to my fitness level though :chuckle:

Depends what song it's after for me. I don't mind it after Stockholm, New Born and maybe Map. I only really tend to like certain riffs too, like Endless Nameless, Township, Headup, Execution Commentary and Freedom/Reapers.

Most fans only expected maybe one or two riffs, so even if there was a momentary pause, every new riff that came was a total surprise, so I'd wager you might have enjoyed it more than you let on ;) nonetheless it's unfortunate that this won't ever happen during this tour at all lol

I'm fairly certain that it was that same gig, yeah. The only thing that made a big deal/anyone remembers was the Glitterati getting destroyed, but it did cause a lot of damage to his other guitars too.

"The towers experienced some malfunctions: While Christopher Wolstenholme's curtain didn't drop at the start of Uprising, Matthew Bellamy's curtain got caught on his guitar rack which then resulted in the rack including the guitars being pulled off the tower when the curtain was pulled down, in turn causing the Glitterati permanent damage rendering it unusable. This meant that the towers came down by the end of the song so that Bellamy could get the Doubleneck for the next song. As a result, both Resistance and New Born were played on the floor. The towers functioned normally again by the time the piano section arrived."

I can't remember where I read about the damage to his other guitars but it was likely on this forum right after the gig or something like that.

He used the doubleneck straight after though! As in the doubleneck fell down so they had to go down to get it, not go down to get a replacement guitar because the others were fucked. Maybe it caused a crack of a chip to it but nothing else. Was only that and Santa on the rack at the time

Wonder if he'll ever get any other slightly weirder instruments like the doubleneck or keytarcaster. Seems to be content with the black guitars now for the most part. Anyone got any good pics of him playing The Globalist? Someone mentioned he's playing a strat

He used the doubleneck straight after though! As in the doubleneck fell down so they had to go down to get it, not go down to get a replacement guitar because the others were fucked. Maybe it caused a crack of a chip to it but nothing else. Was only that and Santa on the rack at the time

Wonder if he'll ever get any other slightly weirder instruments like the doubleneck or keytarcaster. Seems to be content with the black guitars now for the most part. Anyone got any good pics of him playing The Globalist? Someone mentioned he's playing a strat

haven't seen pics but from what I could see in videos he's playing the same strat he was playing during the making of video. Think he may be using the whammy's drop tune for the Seven string section rather than drop tuning to Drop A as well

haven't seen pics but from what I could see in videos he's playing the same strat he was playing during the making of video. Think he may be using the whammy's drop tune for the Seven string section rather than drop tuning to Drop A as well

Yeah it's the heavy bit I'm curious about. I guess the only way to know for sure is to see his tech's notes or someone asks him. Isn't he hidden by the veils and revolving in that song as well so any video showing what he's playing during the first part would be tricky

Yeah it's the heavy bit I'm curious about. I guess the only way to know for sure is to see his tech's notes or someone asks him. Isn't he hidden by the veils and revolving in that song as well so any video showing what he's playing during the first part would be tricky

Definitely playing a strat. I'll try find the video and link it when I have but I just saw one where he puts it on the piano after the heavy bit. Seems he's using a backing track for the cool tremolo picked bit at the end of the heavy bit to help the final note "sustain."

EDIT: This video can kinda see it through the curtain here, looks to be the cream strat

then skip to 6.31 and you can see the double horns as he puts it on the piano Edited by heyjackk

Revolt actually seems like quite good fun live and is a good example of the rotating stage

[YT]

[/YT]

Not sure why they're facing away from the crowd though and that "you can grow!" effect in the first chorus is a little bit weird although it seemed to be a sound fuck up but I actually do not mind if I get a set list with it in

Too bad this will never happen again, I was lucky to be at this gig.

But it should happen again, maybe with other riffs! We were talking jams the other day. I would love this at a concert, just watched it for the first time and was laughing and yelling "Yeah!" :p so please, a bit more spontanity Muse!

Edit: this referrs to the SS outro over 8 minutes

I agree with Jobby. I'd find it really boring. The only one that ever excited me was the prospect of getting the 0305030 riff, but then that became Psycho, so...

Edit: although tbf the Micro Cuts outro after SS at Belfast was sweet. The little variation they did of it was really cool.

Yeah Revolt doesn't look too bad and I like the use of the revolving for it. But I'd rather they didn't tease us with a barebones JFK before it.

Call me crazy but I think I'd actually be pretty bored for a fair amount of that if I was there.

While it was excessive, it would still be less boring than Undisclosed Desires is live.

Yeah it was the Doubleneck and Red Glitter Mansons that were on the rig at the time of that incident. Pretty sure the former didn't last much longer after that, while we're all perfectly aware the fall destroyed the old glitter one. Although for some reason I thought it'd be on the wall at Manson's by now, like the old M1D1 Matt destroyed on the Black Holes tour is.

I swear Matt also said they lost enthusiasm for the towers when they used them for the Foro Sol gig in Mexico City on the tour and the bouncing fans meant the towers physically shook during Uprising.

I'm kind of thinking this as well. Seems he dropped it for those songs so he could cover more ground on the stage and because the arena gigs are longer.

Except they're not really, if we go from the example of the first 3 shows in Mexico. This festival show had 17 songs (obviously not counting intros, Munich jam, etc.). The previous night's arena show only had 18 actual songs, if you don't count the two occurrences of Drones (playback) and the intros and jam. Plus the festival set had Unsustainable (which they actually play) in place of Isolated System (which appears to be mostly or entirely playback on this tour). The overall show is slightly longer, but they're playing less of it...

So unless they decide to start adding more songs to the US arena dates, gig length can't be an excuse.

It really does just seem to be part of the "spectacle" or whatever.

Yeah Revolt doesn't look too bad and I like the use of the revolving for it. But I'd rather they didn't tease us with a barebones JFK before it.

It's weird. As one of the biggest hypers of Revolt on this board, I feel like I'm one of the only people who's actually kind of let down by how it looks live :chuckle: Tuning it down half a step really takes some of the energy and fun out of it imo.

Personally, I just think they should add an extra song and do JFK > Defector > Revolt like it is on the album. I'm genuinely surprised by Defector's lack of play-time so far, given how easy it is to play. I know it's early on in the tour but I figured it'd be a staple.

While it was excessive, it would still be less boring than Undisclosed Desires is live.

To be fair, everything is less boring than UD live.

Apart from Explorers.

It's weird. As one of the biggest hypers of Revolt on this board, I feel like I'm one of the only people who's actually kind of let down by how it looks live :chuckle: Tuning it down half a step really takes some of the energy and fun out of it imo.

Personally, I just think they should add an extra song and do JFK > Defector > Revolt like it is on the album. I'm genuinely surprised by Defector's lack of play-time so far, given how easy it is to play. I know it's early on in the tour but I figured it'd be a staple.

To be fair, everything is less boring than UD live.

Apart from Explorers.

I could see Defector being omitted in China due to the lyric reading policy over there, but I'm not really sure why its failed to appear since its debut. Revolt 1/2-step down is a weird one - gives it the feel of when the pitch of a song is changed for inclusion in a movie.

I'd say Guiding Light was extremely boring live on the Unsustainable Tour - the electronic drums neuter the impact of that bom-bom bom bom-bom intro, and so did the electronic bass, and that's before the complaint of Matt only playing the solo. Explorers was actually quite nice at SBE, though that might be because it came after a rather rowdy Knights of Cydonia and the crowded needed a little breather.