Larry.

Such I a brilliant gig! So many classic Muse songs and b-sides which I know I will rarely get to hear live again. One thing for sure though, I am much too old to be singing my head off and jumping around for near enough a whole set anymore, I barely made it though work and I've just work from a 3 hour nap. :LOL:

Got there quite late at 8.30pm (went to Anfield, then back to Leeds, cooked dinner for family, then back out to Manchester lol), absolutely immense night. Didn't get as close as when they played the RAH, but my WORD what a setlist and crowd. The sit-down/stand-up-and-go-mental Plug In Baby thing was pretty damn good too!

Took a tiny new device my company is testing with me to see what it'd do, not bad video (no LCD display to piss those off around me) but I think they need to beef up the microphone LOL - Dom and Chris completely distorted it, but here it is anyway, or at least what I took when I remembered to press the button...

Think I was stood behind you!

We spent ages trying to figure out what the hell you were doing :D

Think I was stood behind you!

We spent ages trying to figure out what the hell you were doing :D

haha yeah it's a snug little fit in the hand but it's hard to tell if it's on or not!

They DEFFO need to get a better microphone in there though, maybe one will appear on the production model :) One that managed to mask Matt's howler of a bad note at the beginning of Hysteria would've been nice!! I don't think I've ever seen him play a wrong note, so it was almost a jaw-dropper! :LOL:

Dead Star was a new version from what I could tell. No Morgan, no synths, plenty of guitar. Sounded incredible! :D

It sounded heavier than usual, really heavy. It was awesome! :D I really hope they play that version at Download, it would go down a storm.

The gig itself was incredible! The atmosphere, the setlist, the rarities, the small venue. It was pretty much perfect. After Download, I'm honestly not sure if I want to see Muse again, unless it's at another small venue. I just don't think I'll ever go to a Muse gig that good ever again.

I took a mate with me, and it was his first Muse gig too. Definitely a hell of a first gig!

Dead Star was a new version from what I could tell. No Morgan, no synths, plenty of guitar. Sounded incredible! :D

why do people keep saying to synths? it had the same synth it has ever had. And morgan's main rig was off stage he was playing the whole time!

why do people keep saying to synths? it had the same synth it has ever had. And morgan's main rig was off stage he was playing the whole time!

People don't. I said it once after the the gig, when I'd been paying far more attention to Matt's guitar. I was specifically listening to Matt because the palm muted bits sounded beefy as hell when they played it at Etihad, and I was a little disappointed he only did it on the first bar or so of the verses.

Anyway, synths or not I still think it was my favourite performance of the night. Despite how brilliant The Groove and Fury were (probably my two favourite B-sides), Dead Star, Bliss and Hyper Music just had so much to them I could believe I was seeing them way back.

^^ this just gave me goosepumps..

We were loud and crazy, weren't we??

Fun times :happy: Best crowd of the tour?

I'm remember which song we started chanting 'Showbiz' before. I'd love to see a video of it, I was in the group of people who started it.

It was before Dead Star.

Ah right, cheers :happy: Thought it was earlier than that for some reason.

Found a bit of it at the start of a video. It only cuts in when Matt says 'I got the wrong memo on that one' though, swear he said something before moving away from the mic. Me and a few others thought he said 'fuck it' and that he was gonna play it.

Found a bit of it at the start of a video. It only cuts in when Matt says 'I got the wrong memo on that one' though, swear he said something before moving away from the mic. Me and a few others thought he said 'fuck it' and that he was gonna play it.

I could hear the Showbiz chant clearly from about two thirds back. I can never understand a word Matt says on stage though. He talks so fast.

I shouted it at 9ish before they came out, remember shouting 'Matt you're a fucking god' and then Dead Star came on :LOL:

I don't think this has been posted yet, but Ive been showing this to everyone at uni all day because it looks fucking ace at 1 minute 10 or so when the lights hit the crowd at the perfect time.

Plus I managed to work out where I was cos I could see my phone :)

:musesign::musesign::musesign::musesign::musesign:

I don't think this has been posted yet, but Ive been showing this to everyone at uni all day because it looks fucking ace at 1 minute 10 or so when the lights hit the crowd at the perfect time.

Plus I managed to work out where I was cos I could see my phone :)

:musesign::musesign::musesign::musesign::musesign:

Hahaha, doesn't even sound slightly slow. Oh well I guess adrenaline does strange thing in the pit.

Crowd looks every bit as fine as it felt in the thick of it there.

Also, Morgan is clearly MIA in this song.