Larry.

Did you just sit and wait in the queue or did you set up at the stage door and wait there all day? I don't want to miss out on the fun in the queue but also can't miss em!

Yeah, I'd like to double check about this as well. I thought I'd seen a couple of people mention that they met the band whilst in the queue but I'm pretty sure all the pictures and videos I've seen have been have been where the cars/buses come in. It'd be nice to meet them but would it mean losing my place in the queue to go get a picture?

good luck getting barrier. Apparently the French fans scratch people's hands who try to get there

Haven't heard about this, what's been going on? :erm:

Yeah, I'd like to double check about this as well. I thought I'd seen a couple of people mention that they met the band whilst in the queue but I'm pretty sure all the pictures and videos I've seen have been have been where the cars/buses come in. It'd be nice to meet them but would it mean losing my place in the queue to go get a picture?

Any time I've been at a gig where the band have turned up, places have been saved in the queue while people go talk to them. Just like holding a place for going to the loo, or (like I did at the last-but-one) going for breakfast and carb-loading at spud-u-like... If anyone's a dick about it they can fuck off.

Any time I've been at a gig where the band have turned up, places have been saved in the queue while people go talk to them. Just like holding a place for going to the loo, or (like I did at the last-but-one) going for breakfast and carb-loading at spud-u-like... If anyone's a dick about it they can fuck off.

Oh right, cool. Nice to know that I can ask people to save my place (assuming the people I'm near are indeed not dicks). Cheers :happy:

Mad French fans that go to all the gigs - https://twitter.com/French_Musers

Camp out from early morning and apparently started a raffle ticket system for queuing or some shit

Raffle ticket system, what the fuck? :chuckle:

I'm utterly shocked at the lack of spare tickets knocking about!

it's a small venue and not enough time between selling tickets and the gig for unexpected things to happen.

But I think I'll try my luck over there tomorrow.

At least there is a small chance that I can meet the guys and see the people from this topic (and be to shy to talk to anyone)

I think it's down to how it has been ticketed with needing ure bank card and id etc, people will be looking closer to home/mates so they know the person they are selling the spare to

it's a small venue and not enough time between selling tickets and the gig for unexpected things to happen.

At least there is a small chance that I can meet the guys and see the people from this topic (and be to shy to talk to anyone)

I saw so many for Barras, Exeter and Newport the day before the gig but there's only been 2 for Manchester :(

I saw them at the Barrowlands on Monday but really wanted to see them again, especially as my days off work have fallen perfect. Was gonna come down to meet them again but is a long way just for that.

I saw so many for Barras, Exeter and Newport the day before the gig but there's only been 2 for Manchester :(

Well, I already lost at least 5 of them... not really happy about that. I wish I got them on pre-sale.

I saw them at the Barrowlands on Monday but really wanted to see them again, especially as my days off work have fallen perfect. Was gonna come down to meet them again but is a long way just for that.

I have nothing to do tomorrow and live near enough Manchester to be a good way to maybe waste my sunday. :D

They didn't hang round long pre-gig in Newport, Chris didn't talk to fans but Matt did a few quick selfies and then Dom did, like just a couple of minutes max. Don't know if they met fans after the gig.

One fan said he met Chris after the gig. Have a look on the Newport thread.

I know this sounds a little silly, but I'm ridiculously nervous for tomorrow. I'm on the younger side and my height makes me look about 13.. and to put it simply I'm worried about the crowd being rough and these French fans that everyone keeps talking about pulling me off the barrier haha. I'm aiming for barrier but I really don't know if I should bother!

I know this sounds a little silly, but I'm ridiculously nervous for tomorrow. I'm on the younger side and my height makes me look about 13.. and to put it simply I'm worried about the crowd being rough and these French fans that everyone keeps talking about pulling me off the barrier haha. I'm aiming for barrier but I really don't know if I should bother!

I'm aiming for the barrier as well. Just don't take their shit if they try to give you any hassle, they've got no authority. It doesn't look like there's that many of them (if their Twitter picture's anything to go by) anyway.

What happened?

Had a guy on fb message me like "send me ure offer before 7pm tonight" sorry but i ain't entering a bidding war

Someone put a tweet up saying they were selling a ticket, and I respond in 20 seconds. She doesn't reply all day, doesn't message me at all, and then gives it to some kid who tweeted her 5 hours after I did :noey: Then she had the cheek to tell me she'd "sold it to a mate", when she never even knew the person

Who messaged you? I'll enter a bidding war hahaa

is this whole french fan thing serious? or has it been exaggerated? If they are going to every gig pissing people off someone needs to put them in their place.

Next on Stewart Lees' Comedy Vehicle Season 4: Bloody French, Comin over 'ere. ruining our gigs.

also it seems like hashtags are actually the reason why they introduce new (old) songs to the set. I highly recommend you to end your tweets with #Showbiz4Manchester.

Why not hashtag all three (Showbiz, Glorious and Assassin)? :awesome:

Does anyone have any idea how strict the venues are being with cards/ids matching and stuff? Immensely excited about tomorrow but nervous about possibly not getting in :eek:

Apparently they just swipe your card (from what I've heard from other gigs so far). So it has to be the card that paid for the ticket, you might be alright for ID though, unless you look really young. I'm taking ID just in case though.