Larry.

It's a week today, seriously excited thought of this gig is putting me off two essays that have to be in by the end of the month. :stunned: What time is everyone getting there for?

Same but replace "two essays that have to be in by the end of the month" with "an exam tomorrow that I've been to 3 out of 16 lectures for and I have never even looked at the course so need to learn it all in the next 9 hours and a coursework due in on Wednesday that involves me programming some an x-ray scanner type thing in MATLAB which is really difficult and then writing a 12 page report on it that I haven't started yet". Fuck life

but yer I'll be getting there whenever I get up from the night before, hitting the town heavy

Same but replace "two essays that have to be in by the end of the month" with "an exam tomorrow that I've been to 3 out of 16 lectures for and I have never even looked at the course so need to learn it all in the next 9 hours and a coursework due in on Wednesday that involves me programming some an x-ray scanner type thing in MATLAB which is really difficult and then writing a 12 page report on it that I haven't started yet". Fuck life

but yer I'll be getting there whenever I get up from the night before, hitting the town heavy

You win. I'll be getting there early though!

It's a week today, seriously excited thought of this gig is putting me off two essays that have to be in by the end of the month. :stunned: What time is everyone getting there for?

Think I'll get there for about 3 or 3:30, I wanna try and get to the barrier if I can.

Think I'll get there for about 3 or 3:30, I wanna try and get to the barrier if I can.

When Prince played there the other month the queue was about 50-60 people strong by midday and with it not being that big a venue I'd assume that'd take up the whole first row?

So not quite sure if getting there that late will get you on the barrier, depends how much more dedicated the average Prince fan is though for comparison

Getting there for me is no problem, but getting back is a worry. The last train to Manchester Piccadilly is at 23:18, should I risk getting a ticket for that train or just walk to the Piccadilly and then get the train back from there? Does anyone know when the curfew is?

When Prince played there the other month the queue was about 50-60 people strong by midday and with it not being that big a venue I'd assume that'd take up the whole first row?

So not quite sure if getting there that late will get you on the barrier, depends how much more dedicated the average Prince fan is though for comparison

Ah, shit. Normally, I get there when doors open and there's still quite a bit of space left at the barrier, that's at arena/stadium gigs though. I really don't fancy queuing for potentially 7 hours :chuckle:

Ah, shit. Normally, I get there when doors open and there's still quite a bit of space left at the barrier, that's at arena/stadium gigs though. I really don't fancy queuing for potentially 7 hours :chuckle:

Yeah, there's a slight difference between arena/stadium gigs and academy gigs, especially Muse gigs :LOL: I hear some people were queueing since 1am in Belfast. Madness! My coach gets into Manchester at about 7, that might be early enough to get barrier.

Getting there for me is no problem, but getting back is a worry. The last train to Manchester Piccadilly is at 23:18, should I risk getting a ticket for that train or just walk to the Piccadilly and then get the train back from there? Does anyone know when the curfew is?

a train to Manchester piccadilly? don't do that it's pointless and will be a longer walk for you getting to oxford road (?) station in the first place

right outside the venue on that road there's a bus stop, you can get any of 42/43/142/143/x41/x57 to piccadilly gardens* and then it's a very short walk from there. Just have your phone on you and google map it when you get to piccadilly gardens

142/143 is £1 and the rest are £2 maximum (it differs on which companies bus you use)

curfew is usually 11pm.

*for any of you wondering you can get any of these buses directly to oxford road station as well

Yeah, there's a slight difference between arena/stadium gigs and academy gigs, especially Muse gigs :LOL: I hear some people were queueing since 1am in Belfast. Madness! My coach gets into Manchester at about 7, that might be early enough to get barrier.

Right, I'm gonna make it my mission to get there for 10, that should be early enough right? Don't know what I'm gonna do for the 9 hours until doors open though :chuckle:

Right, I'm gonna make it my mission to get there for 10, that should be early enough right? Don't know what I'm gonna do for the 9 hours until doors open though :chuckle:

Almost certainly, will probably be a bit early tbh and the day might drag a lot for you.

I think we're gonna get there around 3-4ish but we have no intention of being on the barrier, want to just be in a lively part of the crowd (the last few times I've seen them the crowds have been pretty fucking terrible apart from certain sections)

It's my friend's birthday on the Sunday and we've made plans to go out the day before, she gets into the worst states imaginable and will be figuratively dying the day after so just look for a girl who looks like death who has a birthday badge on and you'll spot me haha, that or a scouse accent in Manchester

Is it the norm to get there very early? Like if I got there at 6pm would I be right at the back the whole time? Also is 7pm when muse or the support start playing? Is anyone else going on their own (I got 1 ticket) it's my first time, and don't want to spend the whole experience with no one, so would be good if there was like a members meet up or something.

I rang the venue earlier and they said they haven't got times or anythig yet but curfew is usually 11pm and we should get out around 10:45. I gotta get a train back to the airport and my dads picking me up from there. No trains back to shropshire till either very early the next day or ridiculously priced.

Is it the norm to get there very early? Like if I got there at 6pm would I be right at the back the whole time? Also is 7pm when muse or the support start playing? Is anyone else going on their own (I got 1 ticket) it's my first time, and don't want to spend the whole experience with no one, so would be good if there was like a members meet up or something.

I haven't been to a small Muse gig like this before so I can't really say much about where you'll end up but as long as you get there before doors I'd say you won't be too far back. 7pm is when doors open. The support (Marmozets) will probably start about 8 and Muse about 9.

I rang the venue earlier and they said they haven't got times or anythig yet but curfew is usually 11pm and we should get out around 10:45. I gotta get a train back to the airport and my dads picking me up from there. No trains back to shropshire till either very early the next day or ridiculously priced.

42/43 from outside the venue go directly to the airport

Is it the norm to get there very early? Like if I got there at 6pm would I be right at the back the whole time?

Nah, you wouldn't be at the back. Probs somewhere in the middle of the crowd I'd say. Then again, fans might be slightly eager to arrive earlier 'cause it's a special gig. Either way, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be right at the back.

Nah, you wouldn't be at the back. Probs somewhere in the middle of the crowd I'd say. Then again, fans might be slightly eager to arrive earlier 'cause it's a special gig. Either way, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be right at the back.

Alright cheers, yeah I was thinking of going early maybe just to meet them if it's anything like Belfast is today. Do you think we'll actually see them in person? Alright cool, can't wait!! Is going to a gig on your own alright? Hopefully there'll be lots of people to make friends with! :D

Alright cheers, yeah I was thinking of going early maybe just to meet them if it's anything like Belfast is today. Do you think we'll actually see them in person? Alright cool, can't wait!! Is going to a gig on your own alright? Hopefully there'll be lots of people to make friends with! :D

Depends how early you get there and whether you want to stand at the back of the venue instead of queuing if you want to see them come in.

Yer, I always go gigs on my own, I'm pretty unsocialable though, I'll just stand there with my pint waiting for the band to start not saying a word to anyone unless they do to me first :p

Depends how early you get there and whether you want to stand at the back of the venue instead of queuing if you want to see them come in.

Yer, I always go gigs on my own, I'm pretty unsocialable though, I'll just stand there with my pint waiting for the band to start not saying a word to anyone unless they do to me first :p

Yeah I might aim to get there for 5pm then :) oh right fair enough, think I'll try and speak to a few more people ;) I hardly know anyone who likes muse so it'd be great to be able to talk to other people who have a similar passion