Drones: Make Song Descriptions Based on Their Titles

Tim59

Dead Inside The only song with Piano. Also happens to be the single. It'll be kind of like Neutron Star Collision.

[Drill Sergeant] Probably the sample on IG from a few weeks ago.

Psycho Has the 030305 riff but also an Andre Rieu sample in the bridge.

Mercy This album's disco funk number. But unfortunately plagiarised from Greg, the Stop Sign by legendary Australian band TISM.

Reapers Intro and vocals reminiscent of Wynona's Big Brown Beaver by Primus. Turns out it's actually Dom singing. Matt has taken classic rock to it's logical conclusion with a multi-tracked Lute Solo.

The Handler A song about Matt's frustration with the mistreatment of his baggage at the airport.

[JFK] Prelude to Defector. Actually just the sound of planes landing at JFK airport.

Defector Citizen Erased Part II. It's just the lyrics sung backward (a magic code to undo the spell) and the Citizen becomes un-erased because mind control has been lifted and memories restored.

Revolt A song with lyrics written and sung in emoji.

Aftermath 12 minutes of talking about how to cook a pwoper fish with a two minute helsinki jam interlude while the fish is in the microwave.

The Globalist Chris's kids made him a bass out of lego and he wrote this song with it. Actually a hard rock cover of everything is awesome. Matt unleashes a guitar solo kind of like the one in Thunderstruck but noone can hear Chris because his kids didn't know how to make a pickup out of lego.

Drones This track contains some face-melting riffage played on a triple neck guitar. A music video will come out in a few months. Muse have turned into a hair band and Matt sings about riding a drone, kind of an ode to "I'm in Love with My Car" by Queen.

Edited by Jimmyneutron

1. Dead Inside - Very catchy chorus, not too "rock" to not suit top 40 radio. Another Muse classic.

2. [Drill Sergeant] (already known)

3. Psycho - (already known)

4. Mercy - Features a great bass line.Chris does backing vocals.

5. Reapers - Mostly instumental, quiet song.

6. The Handler - Synth driven number, surprisingle danceable.

7. [JFK] - Won't actually have anything to do with JFK the president but is an acronym for "Jesus Fucking Krist" .

8. Defector - Riff driven, distortion, Muse-by-numbers.

9. Revolt - Barely 3 minutes long, in your face, fast number. Matt screams. Some sounds from a protest march sampled/revolutionary slogans shouted out.

10. Aftermath - The one with the strings. Starts out quiet, builds up.

11. The Globalist - Worst song on the album. Leftover cheese from TR/2nd Law.

12. Drones - Over 6 minutes long, in the vein of CE. Best song on the album.

Certainly looks like a concept album to me. You can draw out the story based on the titles and Matt's quote in the reveal.

Dead Inside: A person endures a devastating loss. Loses hope and purpose.

[Drill Sergeant] + Psycho: Ends up with the military or some organisation, and is given a new purpose.

Mercy: Their will is broken and they accept their new role.

Reapers: Killing under orders.

The Handler: Either about, or meeting a person somewhere near the top.

[JFK]: Something happens that opens their eyes to what they are doing and who for.

Defector: They defect.

Revolt: They revolt.

Aftermath: Assessing the results of the battle.

The Globalist: Establishing a new order.

Drones: Realising nothing really changes. The cycle keeps going. We're all Drones.

Or something like that. ;)

Certainly looks like a concept album to me. You can draw out the story based on the titles and Matt's quote in the reveal.

I was kind of cautious to think that because I thought the same thing when The Resistance's tracklist was revealed. But this time it seems more clear and yes, Matt seemed to confirm it. I hope so because I am definitely a sucker for concept albums.

I posted this in the Drones thread but I don't think anyone saw it so I'll post it here too: Does anyone think the 'CE sequel' will have that riff in it? (The CE one from Glasto, Wembley etc)

Nope. I think the only thing this 'sequel' will have to do with CE is that they'll be based on the same idea and have similar lyrical content. That's if it even made it onto the album.

1. Dead Inside - Accessible but heavy

2. Drill Sergeant - Intro to Psycho, as we know

3. Psycho - 0305030, and Your Ass

4. Mercy - Empathy Gap song. Built on scales

5. Reapers - Build-up song, which starts confused and quiet but ends with a sharp angry riff

6. The Handler - Something with a bit more groove

7. JFK - Maybe it is the JFK speech from a little while back, possibly with some synth underpinning

8. Defector - Possibly the CE2

9. Revolt - The World War 3 song, with a proper massive riff

10. Aftermath - Something more contemplative but unsettling. Piano/strings.

11. The Globalist - Deep Ecology song. Guitar solo somewhere in it

12. Drones - DRONES!

Saying that I was largely wrong on T2L and on Resistance, so I expect I will be again.

Like?

I Wasn't clear enough maybe, but I meant new stuff for them. They experimented. Panic Station to an extent, Unsustainable, Madness, Follow Me, Chris's songs. None of these sounded too much like something they'd done before (except maybe PS and SMBH).