Drones: Make Song Descriptions Based on Their Titles

Tim59

So let's talk about instagram clip again:

my money is on Defector for this one!

This would be amazing. I'm really hoping Defector and Revolt will be the point in the story where the music turns fast, heavy and badass. Brings to mind an action movie with the guy fighting his way out of the base.

Edited by Espectro Cuatro

Dead Inside -

(This is the solo? I think of a Plug In Baby-esque track just because it's a lead single...)

Drill Sergeant -

Psycho -

Mercy - https://instagram.com/p/z8iyZInXeE/ (Sounds like a calmer name?)

Reapers -

(Definitely gonna be the heaviest on the album with that name... Right?)

The Handler - Name doesn't conjure up much.

JFK - Interlude.

Defector - Hard to guess... Maybe OoS sounding. Lots of parts.

Revolt - Uprising but rockier. Crowd pleaser... Definitely.

Aftermath -

(Sounds calmer. This is like when things have died down... After a war?)

The Globalist -

(I think this could be a track reminiscent of Animals but slower tempo... Hoodoo.2)

Drones -

(Great finisher, like KoC!)

1. Dead Inside -

Includes this heavy riff during the breakdown, and a catchy chorus. Fast-paced verses

2. [Drill Sergeant] -

Interlude

3. Psycho -

Similar to Execution Commentary

4. Mercy - A slower song, featuring heavy piano and ambient falsetto

5. Reapers - Slower, heavy on distorted bass https://instagram.com/muse/p/zDgFBPHXax/

6. The Handler - Very dark and sinister, featuring a guitar solo. A standout.

7. [JFK] - Speech, with slide guitar

8. Defector - Fast song with excellent drums and slide guitar

9. Revolt -

Heavy anthem song

10. Aftermath -

CE sequel with strings

11. The Globalist -

More uplifting

12. Drones -

A fun end to a dark album

The album will consist entirely of harsh noise tracks, with the exception of Mercy which is a cover of the Duffy song.

Here is the track list for their next album:

1. Rebellion

2. Mutiny

3. Defiance

4. Insurrection

5. Revolution

6. Coup d'État

7. Riot

8. Overthrow

9. Insurgence

10. Upheaval

11. Insubordination

12. Noncompliance

I feel like fucking shit up every single day anyways... kinda always liked Muse songs to calm me down.

Curious if this is a full concept album, if the last song (which supposedly is a person becoming "human" again) is a calm one or an angry one.

Well it likely has a Rage style riff and people chanting DRONES!! so who knows. Seems kind of light hearted for Muse closer.

Dead Inside - Classic Muse single,Hysteria/PiB-esque vibe,maybe a bit of MK Ultra as well.

[Drill Sergeant] - Remember "Psychological Abuse"? That,with some sort of synth in the background.Less than a minute,maybe about 20 seconds even.

Psycho - The riff we know,the creepy "Beautiful People" vocals are the chorus. Verses have normal vocals. Guitar solo,not very long.

Mercy - Dark piano song,bit Take a Bow-ish.

Reapers - Following on from the dark vibe of the previous track. Heavy guitar/bass,doom metal vibe (it's nothing like death metal or black metal),strings.

The Handler - City of Delusion-ish acoustic kind of song,cheesy chorus.

[JFK] - JFK speech over military drumming

Defector - Military drumming continues here,the unavoidable Queen-styled song of the album. Cheese.

Revolt - RATM vibe. Heavy riffs and "angry" vocals.

Aftermath - Calm,dark,Hoodoo-esque song.Like Mercy but slow.

The Globalist - Slow guitar song,the calm before the storm...

Drones - AC/DC riffs,chanting,bass and guitar solos,the "stadium rock" track of the album bound to be the new Knights.

Not that it will be anything alike,but at least I tried.

1. Dead Inside. Probably an all out rock song, not to heavy, with a Plug In Baby-tier riff.

2.[ Drill Sergeant]. Obviously an intro to Psycho, with the character here shouting at something, ever increasingly distorted.

3. Psycho. Getting heavier, instrumentally and lyrically. That super sinister vocal line from the IG snipped, rest of it should match the mood.

4. Mercy. Muse's first acoustic guitar song? That, or a ballad to match Blackout or Explorers. OOOOR we could get a riff as heavy as Supremacy, as far as we know.

5. Reapers. Guitar wankery. No shorter than 5 minutes. Matt, please.

6. The Handler. Expecting a more traditional song, after the madness of Reapers, kinda like Bliss to New Born's.

7. [JFK]. That minute and a half long speech. Could be distorted and/or backed by drums like Isolated System.

8. Defector. Pretty hard to tell. Continuing to ramp up the heaviness, could have some insane drums like in Assassins, would love that.

9. Revolt. I reckon the climax of the album. Angry, punk-ish vocals, some filthy funky bass lines.

10. Aftermath. I think the name quite does it. MUST include piano.

11. The Globalist. I'm thinking something along the lines of Animals. Stripped back sounds, bitter lyrics and vocals.

12. Drones. It's Muse and it's a closer. Expectations are high as ever. That IG snipped with DRONES! chant, sections of classic rock and KoC stadium worthy riffs.

Mercy - Dark piano song,bit Take a Bow-ish.

Aftermath - Calm,dark,Hoodoo-esque song.

Pls Muse

Also after re-listening to the Psycho clip - I think the growly vocals part will be the intro the song. I think it's gonna start off with that riff that's similar to what Matt played before Liquid State then the little "I'm gonna make you etc..." then the 03050 riff into a verse etc

Perhaps he'll sing the i'm gonna make you parts as a chorus throughout the song but sung normally if you get me.

Or he'll just growl/whisper the whole time who fucking knows anymore