The Ultimate Pedal Board Project

Mittle

Eeeeyyy!

I'll continue my thread-posting-spree and make a new one. I'm currently working on designing my own pedal board/train/thing and I need input from you pedal fanatics in here. I'm currently building my rig into the rack world, which means a cleaner stage and pedal board. All I'll be using on the ground at the moment is a Voodoo labs Ground Control Pro, 2 BOSS FV-500H pedals, and 1 TC-helicon Voicelive Play as well as a Korg Pitchblack rack tuner. I've made some 3D sketches, please tell me what you think. Its inspired hughly (pun intented) by Matts previous boards and Chris' current(?) pedal board/box.

Please look at my sketch, tell me what you think and what you don't(?). Also, to clear things up, the holes in the back are for the inputs. Ill install XLR, MIDI and 1/4" jack sockets into them, the large one is for a power socket. This way Itll be plug and play!

Also, Im actually in dialogue with a company that makes flight cases who will be building this for me with a flight case that fits :D

Both file and link:

http://imgur.com/2dMdAja

2105680178_PedalboardSketchPic.thumb.png.bccf9b31c8b3511e0734fc1ae2af7b32.png

925995557_project2.thumb.png.f68e61d3dbc27c8bf34aaf9c8ffab2cb.png

Edited by Mittle

For someone who's never used sketch up before, not bad. But take it from me, best tip for 3d work is to be as painstakingly accurate as you can, and use keyboard shortcuts.

Im impressed that you could see I used sketchup :p And yea, I kind of just rushed it and tried my way through. This is only to give the production people an idea of what I'm thinking. They'll do all the picking and measuring in order to get it right.

As someone who owns too much shit to fit in my house, I would consider the practical implications of investing in a massive, bulky piece of kit, which you may not get much use out of. I have pedal boards and cabs and racks all littering my studio. Shit that I wish I'd not bought or made. Just trying to give some benefit from my experience

But maybe you're loaded and have a big house, in which case, ignore me!

let me know how it goes, i'm considering a similar type of setup atm

Yeah I will keep this thread up to date. I've just sent the schematics to the factory and they're looking at it as we speak. Dying to know what it will cost.. :$

Why don't you sell all your pedals and just buy a Zoom FX?

Would you buy a zoom fx? :twitchy: I want the feeling of individual pedals as well as quality simulated pedals and rack hardware, and I want to control it with one pedalboard

just about the tuner... You realise you'll have to detach the display from the gubbins to be able to fit it into that design? Are you sure you can do this with the model you've chosen?

Whenever I see these boards with a weird wrap-around shape, I think of how impractical they are. How do you stack that in a van with a drum kit and a couple of cabs? How do you carry it etc?

I used to use an old keyboard flightcase and even that was an unwieldy bastard.

Whenever I see these boards with a weird wrap-around shape, I think of how impractical they are. How do you stack that in a van with a drum kit and a couple of cabs? How do you carry it etc?

I used to use an old keyboard flightcase and even that was an unwieldy bastard.

He posted an image of it going in a (large) rectangular flightcase

Im impressed that you could see I used sketchup :p And yea, I kind of just rushed it and tried my way through. This is only to give the production people an idea of what I'm thinking. They'll do all the picking and measuring in order to get it right.

I use sketcup pretty much every day for my job. But I use it to design buildings and ultimately produce images like this:

2vl466g.jpg

Ultimately, the idea behind it is good, but again, I wouldn't use sketchup for something it isnt. Nothing beats a drawing with dimensions on it.