Muse emotional moments

Picko

Couldn't track down a thread for this, so thought I'd ask.

Are there any moments from the band that make any of you Muse fans particularly emotional?

For me, I was very moved by the Exogenesis Part 3: Redemption music video, so I can't even listen to it any more without experiencing a little emotion.

I also love the end of Knights of Cydonia at Reading 2011 - something about the climax of the song that looks all triumphant and it reminds me of every single time I've seen them play it live, so I feel the feels.

Blackout at Wembley in 2007, never fails to give me chills when the guitar kicks in. If we're talking about emotional response, the last 3 minutes of KOC when I saw it at the Etihad Stadium still fills me with adrenaline and euphoria when I remember it.

The intro to New Born at Leeds 2011, particularly the moment when the visuals turned into the OOS artwork just before the riff. It sounds extreme/cringey but I genuinely nearly shed a tear. OOS is my favourite album of all time so it was a ridiculously surreal moment for me.

There's a few. Bliss at Manchester, especially the solo felt very euphoric for me. Every time I've listened to it since I get chills down my spine. Interlude and Hysteria were very emotional for me at London; I had been travelling all day the previous day, had two hours sleep, was incredibly sunburnt and my head wasn't in a great place. Interlude starting just kinda sent me over the edge and tears were shed. :LOL:

Oh, and HCM. Everything about it.

I cried this one time while listening to Redemption. It never happened before and it never happened after, weirdly. Must have been a 'perfect' combination of the song with my state of mind and surroundings at that moment or something. This is pretty special since I don't cry at music easily.

And then also the euphoric moments when you're just completely into it while listening to their songs of course :awesome: But that happens with all good music.

The intro to New Born at Leeds 2011, particularly the moment when the visuals turned into the OOS artwork just before the riff. It sounds extreme/cringey but I genuinely nearly shed a tear. OOS is my favourite album of all time so it was a ridiculously surreal moment for me.

Pretty much sums up exactly how i felt too. That moment is the one that really sticks out for me from that gig, i hardly remember anything else if i'm honest

• 2 weeks later...

As strange as it sounds, Starlight at Barrowlands on Monday night really got me. I think it was partially because it was the first tiny respite we'd got for the entire intense, sweaty gig, but I think that was the moment that it all sank in for me. Muse were mere feet away from me, playing a song I knew back to front, and I was in a sea of like-minded people clapping away without a single care in the world. Also, there's something about the lyrics in the first verse that I've always loved.

Then there was Psycho opening, and basically any time they've played Knights of Cydonia - Leeds Festival '11 was pretty amazing, being in a field with 70,000 other people, all shouting the words appearing 40ft high behind the band.