Is it just me, or is the snippet of Psycho they posted the other week not actually in the song, because in the IG clip I swear the "I'm gonna"'s are earlier than in the song? :$

it is just you! but in any case they were still mixing it on the clip so things could have changed.

Edit: beaten to it.

or maybe he's found some new use for the midi pad again ... but I'm not convinced about the corts. he might just them just to promote but I don't see why he would prefer them over his own collection.

Still convinced he's got them just to smash them up in the same way he smashed up the Matt Blacks last tour. Much cheaper option to destroy.

Bercy 2012 was 9000 times better than SdF (Falling Down and Host, best moment of my whole life)

Forever chuffed I got to see Falling Down and Host live :happy: but still, SDF got ace performances of pretty much every song and got Dead Star too (alongside other great songs like Map and New Born). But I respect your opinion.

Ps. After Matt almost hit Dom in Uprising Dom got up and threw his guitar :LOL:

I don't understand the dichotomy between the obvious lyrics and whether it would be in jest. It's pretty apparent it's not, as I've said before the narrative aspects of the song and overall mood highlight the fact the "sergeant" is delighting in turning his pupils into killing machines. The "point" is that it's a blatant criticism of the military and its questionable methodology. Considering what Matt tweeted about a "psycho handler" and also from the Instagram clip of that "drones!" shout, the rest of the record will likely have a similar approach.

I tried to say that the obviousness of the lyrics weren't what made it necessarily a silly song vs a serious one.

Maybe failed, as my job is intentionally sleep depriving me for some reason.

For a very basic example, I could tell someone at work today that their ass was mine in such an aggressive, serious way that I would terrify them, and subsequently get fired.

I could tell that same person the same line in a more silly voice/tone, and everyone would probably laugh their ass off and make fun of me for my stupid choice of words. (And then probably write me up for swearing. :noey: )

My point was the obviousness of the lyrics still don't dictate the tone of the song, and that's what left me wondering if they meant to be the former, and ended up with the latter, or if it's intentionally meant to be silly.