It does overall sound great, don't worry I agree. As I said it's just nitpicking

Also the "you're fucking psychooo" at 4:43 should have been repeated 3 times and a solo/outro should have followed, instead of another chorus and then the fading end. Muse let me be your producer

I agree. too many choruses. I'd love to have a more melodic solo.

I agree. too many choruses. I'd love to have a more melodic solo.

Maybe Mutt Lange's motto is "choruses choruses choruses". I hope there's some different song structures around the album. Matt did tease some solos with interviews and instagram so we'll see.

Upon further reflection, a couple of hours after listening...

Does anyone else think that it doesn't really go anywhere particularly interesting. The riff is fantastic and it sounds awesome the whole way through, I just wish that it was a bit more musically adventurous.

what will that even sound like? :LOL:

I havent heard it but people said that it is pretty ok considering there is 20 swear word in the song. they didnt do anything to ass and fucks are just muted and guitar dominates at that moment.

But yeah it kills the spirit i guess

I think I've actually liked this song more each time I've listened to it :happy: The riff is properly heavy, especially on big speakers, and the verse melodies are very nice (especially the harmonies). The "I'm gonna make you, I'm gonna break you" stuff is a great build into the guitar stuff as well.

In terms of picking up elements of other songs, I think it kinda plays on the glam of Uprising a little bit, but in a good way. The "fucking psycho" bits remind me of Matt singing the "Supermassive Black Hole!!!" parts in SMBH circa 2006, and of all of the laughing at the beginning of Yes Please. There's also a bit of a Dead Star homage with the isolated guitar riff towards the end as well. Overall I'm pleasantly pleased!