Besides, even as a Stockholm outtro I wouldn't mind this riff going on for five minutes live.

+1. Love the riff, hopefully it will go on for at least that long live.

Saying any song is mind-blowing is a bit much but Hysteria is up there as one of the most exciting and best muse songs.

It really isn't, though. I'm not denying that it's a great song, but it contains a lot of the same ingredients people are whining about here.

I really want to hear that other riff we got on Instagram in the context of a song though, because that one sounded even better.

The difference between any of the other songs Muse has released since BH&R is the reaction online (other than .mu) is nearly 100% positive.

You know, I kinda wish they never showed us that instagram clip. This is the least shocking first reveal in a while but it was mainly cause we knew what to expect.
Exactly.

None of those songs are heavy.

Ah yes, the good old heavy Exo pt 1.

:LOL: Shit I didn't see the word heavy.

I'd say Showbiz can still be on that list though. And SD, bar the choruses.

Gee I was expecting people to be discussing Psycho on the Psycho thread.

Anyhoo, I've only listened once so far on my crappy phone while driving distractedly, but I think it's a pretty kick ass song. Kind of "basic" for lack of a better word, but it's fun and will be awesome live. Considering our first taste of T2L left me in tears, this is a good introduction to Drones.

Really liking it - live, it'll be a proper headbanger. But jeezus, some people are very hard to please, eh?

Also, name-checking Full Metal Jacket because I haven't seen anyone do it already. SIR, YES SIR!

People who complain about the lyrics obviously are not familiar with Matt's previous work. This is exactly the sort of ridiculous bullshit only Muse could get away with, and have been getting away with for years.

You know, I kinda wish they never showed us that instagram clip. This is the least shocking first reveal in a while but it was mainly cause we knew what to expect.

I would've flipped if I heard the 030503 riff in the song without a preview to ease me in. plus it's better that I flip at home than at work

Arguing about generic Muse songs is one of the most stupid things ever. They aren't a heavy band. Yes it's kinda cheesy, but it isn't I Belong To You cheesy - and that's all that matters.

Let them make wholly decent music again, then after those seemingly insurmountable steps they can start trying to reinvent wheels. :D

Edited by Matthijs
languge

Tbh I don't mind the lyrics at all. Delivery makes a huge difference.

Amazing song, minus the drill sergeant bits.

My local alternative station just announced the release of the song, but said that they won't play it because it's too obscene for radio :LOL::LOL:

People who complain about the lyrics obviously are not familiar with Matt's previous work. This is exactly the sort of ridiculous bullshit only Muse could get away with, and have been getting away with for years.

The lyrics are terrible. Wasn't complaining about them.

Tbh I don't mind the lyrics at all. Delivery makes a huge difference.

I do think the delivery is awesome, but I'd still say they're... Bad. Really bad. But we've had much worse.