It's a good song. It's got the heavy, uncontrolled, low-polish sound that Muse has been missing for a while. Matt's voice is on-point, the guitar riff is great. The people who say it doesn't go anywhere, so, do you not like Dead Star or Assassin? This is proto-typical pre-Resistance Muse metal/rock.

I can headbang to it, and it's not electro-pop shit. It's got groove.

this song should've ended with a beefier version of the riff, that's the difference between psycho and dead star.. also dead star isn't 5 minutes long

It's an album track, and it fits the theme of relentlessly pounding someone's mind to break them down.

Besides, even as a Stockholm outtro I wouldn't mind this riff going on for five minutes live.

If it really is a concept album, then I can see how this will work as an album track. Listening to it on its own, I felt like I was waiting for something to happen.

There's really only one heavy Muse song that goes anywhere, and that's Stockholm. This is a stupid argument. If you use the term generic and call yourself a Muse fan, you're probably an idiot.

Really? Take a Bow? Space Dementia? Exo pt 1? Showbiz?

There's really only one heavy Muse song that goes anywhere, and that's Stockholm. This is a stupid argument. If you use the term generic and call yourself a Muse fan, you're probably an idiot.

It's generic even for Muse standards. 5 minutes of the same thing is uninspiring even for them. I wouldn't mind having riff-verse-riff-verse if it were shorter (Hyper Music for example)