Don't get the comparisons to Supremacy. Supremacy was too slow/plodding/uninspired, this actually has some energy to it.

It's not the second coming that some people are making it out to be but it's pretty decent and it'll be great fun live, unlike Supremacy.

It's a good song. It's got the heavy, uncontrolled, low-polish sound that Muse has been missing for a while. Matt's voice is on-point, the guitar riff is great. The people who say it doesn't go anywhere, so, do you not like Dead Star or Assassin? This is proto-typical pre-Resistance Muse metal/rock.

I can headbang to it, and it's not electro-pop shit. It's got groove.

So Muse appear to become the band they've promised to become since BHAR.

With a HAARP riff going on forever over a structure heard many times before.

Matt doesn't really channel a drill sergeant enough to actually do the "your ass belongs to me now" line.

I sense a lawsuit from The Doors incoming.

It's a good song. It's got the heavy, uncontrolled, low-polish sound that Muse has been missing for a while. Matt's voice is on-point, the guitar riff is great. The people who say it doesn't go anywhere, so, do you not like Dead Star or Assassin? This is proto-typical pre-Resistance Muse metal/rock.

I can headbang to it, and it's not electro-pop shit. It's got groove.

:happy:

This is exactly what is bothering me about it. It never goes anywhere. For being 5 and a half minutes long, nothing really happens. This one could have really benefited from Muse's tried and true "End with a completely different riff" ala Stockholm, MK Ultra, or Unnatural Selection.

It's an album track, and it fits the theme of relentlessly pounding someone's mind to break them down.

Besides, even as a Stockholm outtro I wouldn't mind this riff going on for five minutes live.