Its not the lyrics, the vocals just dont fit the riff/groove of the song. Doesn't even sound like Muse to me :LOL:

Except that they really do.

Everyone is so blown away by it...

I was hoping my very low expectations would help me out a bit, but I am currently so underwhelmed. :unsure:

give it a few more listens. I was the same but it's growing on me. Also think about it live.

when all the crowd is shouting "Your ass belongs to me now"

Listened a few times.

It's not impressing me much.

Cringing at some of the lines too.

I'm fine with the lyrics. They know its ridiculous, buts that's all part of the fun. :D

Except before the song came out, everyone absolutely hated Muse's silly lyrics and song tones.

I think "self-parody" was thrown around a lot.

I'm confused.

People jack-off like crazy because of the riff.

Song gets released.

People are bothered by the riff being used too much.

The use of the word generic is really pissing me off here

Next person to use it I will visit personally

the song really does not go anywhere. It will probably be fun live, but the studio version does absolutely nothing for me

Really loving Matt's voice atm. I thought he had lost that interesting tone with the last two albums, but damn it sounds good.

give it a few more listens. I was the same but it's growing on me. Also think about it live.

when all the crowd is shouting "Your ass belongs to me now"

I'd rather have songs that sound better on album, tbh, as I'll see Muse once an album cycle, if I'm very lucky.

I get the impression this will be both a fun live song and a song that shines more in the context of the album as long as it's a coherent concept album.

Really loving Matt's voice atm. I thought he had lost that interesting tone with the last two albums, but damn it sounds good.

Yeah, agreed. Some good vocals on this.

If you ignore the lyrics the song is amazing. If you include the lyrics the song is pretty great.

I miss you Fabri :LOL::kiss:

:kiss:

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion but this is the typical song you can hear on any rock radio. For Muse standards the song is just good.

Does it really need to be 5 mins + long though?

I think it's quite good -has a nice groove - and will be fun live but this is not a case of 'muse are back' in terms of them returning to their roots though.

Plus, I was sorting building myself up for some climatic guitar solo, but nope

I think it's great, but I'd like it more if the song would've evolved a bit to the end.

This is exactly what is bothering me about it. It never goes anywhere. For being 5 and a half minutes long, nothing really happens. This one could have really benefited from Muse's tried and true "End with a completely different riff" ala Stockholm, MK Ultra, or Unnatural Selection.

The only thing important to me is that I want to hear more

Agreed. I think this is perfect. It is hard, dark and the lyrics to me are great. I'm already singing along. (10th listen via YT)

People jack-off like crazy because of the riff.

Song gets released.

People are bothered by the riff being used too much.

You said this before and it is amazing how true it is.

I personally think that this is better than Supremacy. Supremacy only has the riff really,the rest is just cheesy strings and awful lyrics. This on the other hand is full on heavy rock.