Really?

I have my blinders on, I was referring mainly to The Mars Volta. Needless to say I think they're the most brilliant rock band when it comes to longer song lengths. Muse nail the short ones (7 minutes and less).

So the question now is with these gigs happening very soon do I watch the footage.

Not going to any of them so I don't want to spoil my first listen by hearing some horrible audio from a phone. Depends on how many new songs they play also I guess.

I know I'll be really tempted to listen though...

Really?

In prog, yes, definitely. Not in prog, not so much.

I don't think this album will be long for some reason, I'm thinking on the shorter side of their discography, 45 to 50 minutes maybe?

I hope the Drill Sergeant intro/interlude will be included in the Psycho music video.

My gut tells me it will be.

So the question now is with these gigs happening very soon do I watch the footage.

Not going to any of them so I don't want to spoil my first listen by hearing some horrible audio from a phone. Depends on how many new songs they play also I guess.

I know I'll be really tempted to listen though...

Well I'm definitely going to check it out, if the album comes out the 8th of June and I'm going to see them on the 28th then I'll only have 20 days to learn to sign along with the lyrics.

Just for the titles and per Bellamy's tweets - this is their most politically charged / themed album, right? He is at least not BSing on that one, lol. The sample teases / brief clips / tunes sound great or at least interesting to me. Based on the short teasers, can somebody summarize the albums's obvious influences aka inspirations - I know most of you are good in this - thought I heard RATM in one of them. Maybe it was not album related.

Please no more U2, Queen and ehem ...

Edited by iLoveOldMuse

Well I'm definitely going to check it out, if the album comes out the 8th of June and I'm going to see them on the 28th then I'll only have 20 days to learn to sign along with the lyrics.

I can understand that if you're actually going to see them live.

What are the odds that it won't leak before June 8th though, I'd say it could leak at the end of May maybe.

so we are getting psycho tomorrow but it isn't the first single? confuzed

Psycho is a pre-order thing, I think. The single is out on the 23rd, Dead Inside.

so we are getting psycho tomorrow but it isn't the first single? confuzed

Too offensive to make them money as a single.

Too offensive to make them money as a single.

awww nice one. So put out something v hardcore to get the fans attention then the more toned down stuff for the general public

I can understand that if you're actually going to see them live.

What are the odds that it won't leak before June 8th though, I'd say it could leak at the end of May maybe.

That's a good point, I won't even be surprised if it happened.

It's happening :D

This album sounds like it could either be amazing, or absolutely awful. Only 10 tracks is a little underwhelming, but that worked for QOTSA with '...Like Clockwork' as it was all pure quality.

This album sounds like it could either be amazing, or absolutely awful. Only 10 tracks is a little underwhelming, but that worked for QOTSA with '...Like Clockwork' as it was all pure quality.

Royal Blood too...

Yeah that was a goddamn amazing album, beginning to end. It's 10 tracks and 46 minutes but it feels like a solid hour of amazing music every time I listen to it. I hope Drones is similar.

my dad legit just said to me

'but wont the gig be boring if you dont know the songs?'

oh dad

I laughed out loud!

Good one Mr Dad Sir.