So the question now is with these gigs happening very soon do I watch the footage.

Not going to any of them so I don't want to spoil my first listen by hearing some horrible audio from a phone. Depends on how many new songs they play also I guess.

I know I'll be really tempted to listen though...

So the question now is with these gigs happening very soon do I watch the footage.

Not going to any of them so I don't want to spoil my first listen by hearing some horrible audio from a phone. Depends on how many new songs they play also I guess.

I know I'll be really tempted to listen though...

Well I'm definitely going to check it out, if the album comes out the 8th of June and I'm going to see them on the 28th then I'll only have 20 days to learn to sign along with the lyrics.

Just for the titles and per Bellamy's tweets - this is their most politically charged / themed album, right? He is at least not BSing on that one, lol. The sample teases / brief clips / tunes sound great or at least interesting to me. Based on the short teasers, can somebody summarize the albums's obvious influences aka inspirations - I know most of you are good in this - thought I heard RATM in one of them. Maybe it was not album related.

Please no more U2, Queen and ehem ...

Edited by iLoveOldMuse

Well I'm definitely going to check it out, if the album comes out the 8th of June and I'm going to see them on the 28th then I'll only have 20 days to learn to sign along with the lyrics.

I can understand that if you're actually going to see them live.

What are the odds that it won't leak before June 8th though, I'd say it could leak at the end of May maybe.

It's happening :D

This album sounds like it could either be amazing, or absolutely awful. Only 10 tracks is a little underwhelming, but that worked for QOTSA with '...Like Clockwork' as it was all pure quality.

Yeah that was a goddamn amazing album, beginning to end. It's 10 tracks and 46 minutes but it feels like a solid hour of amazing music every time I listen to it. I hope Drones is similar.